For the academic courses, which last from 6 months or more, you will need Tier 4 child / general student visa. To request such a visa you will need the following documents:
1. Consular fee (its amount may vary) - 515 USD. IHS fee is 150 GBP for each school year of the student.
IHS is a new requirement of the British border service that obliges non-EU citizens to pay for medical care so that they can have access to the National Health Service (NHS) in the UK.
2. Original foreign passport with the signature of the owner and a copy of the national passport.
The foreign passport must contain one blank page and be valid for the entire duration of the trip.
3. If there is a previous passport, then copies of all of its pages are also needed.
4. Green card, visa or temporary residence permit.
5.Colour photos in quantity of 2 pieces, which are:
- are made no longer than 6 months before the application is filed;
- clear and made on a light background, so that the facial features were well distinguishable and well contrasted with the background;
- only the originals, without modification in Photoshop;
- size 35 mm horizontally and 45 mm vertically, without corners, oval and frame;
- without sunglasses, helmets and hats, the face should be seen clearly;
- preferably printed on glossy photo paper.
6. An invitation from the UK educational institution (CAS).
It must specify an unconditional offer with a name of the future student, his/her citizenship, the passport number and the UKBA Sponsorship License. Also at the invitation should be registered the address of the educational institution, the cost of living and education, the amount of payments received, the date of the course, contact information. Without this document, a TIER 4 student visa to England is not issued.
7.All photocopies of documents that can confirm the applicant's knowledge, for example certificates of qualifications, necessary knowledge or tests.
8. Certificate, diploma or other document confirming the education, including an application with grades, if the student is currently studying (original + copy).
9. Data on the reservation of an apartment, hotel, residence or family - a student who prepares a UK study visa must have a place where he will live during the entire period of study.
10. Personal bank account or parent's account statement.
It should indicate the availability of funds, their movement for 30 days (it is recommended to provide traffic for 3 months). From the moment you submit your documents to the visa center, your statement should not be older than 1 month, and the minimum balance on the account must be equal to the sum of round-trip tickets, the amount for the first year of study, the amount equal to 1265 pounds for London and 1015 pounds for all other cities in the UK , Multiplied by the number of months of stay in the country. From this amount, you can calculate all payments that have already been made, supported by the relevant documents.
The funds must be at current balance for at least 28 days before the request for a statement. There must be bank details, seals and signatures of officials on the bank extract, otherwise the document will not be accepted.
11. The letter of employment confirmation of applicant;s parents (in case of tier 4 child visa - it is not necessary, but it is advisable to provide this certificate)
It should indicate the position, period of work, and the amount of the monthly salary. The certificate should be printed on the company letterhead with the correct phone number and stamped. The recommended personal or salary of parents must be at least 2350 US dollars. It is necessary to attach a copy of the sponsor's passport.
12. For businessmen and individual entrepreneurs who require a visa for study in the UK, the following documents may be required:
- the certificate of registration of the company, on which the name of the owner is indicated;
- various documentation confirming the value of transactions and their volume;
- tax file and company accounts for a period of at least one year.
13. For retired people, you may need:
- pension certificate and its photocopy;
- an extract from the bank account with a minimum amount of 150 000 thousand;
- a sponsorship letter from the funding party, if available, indicating the degree of kinship and the reason for the sponsorship. Also a photocopy of the document, in which the relationship is indicated, the sponsor's letter of employment confirmation, printed on the company letterhead with a seal. The certificate should include the address of the place of work, position, salary and the work phone number. There also must be an extract from the sponsor's bank account, which reflects all transactions for the last 3 months. It is necessary to attach a copy of the sponsor's passport.
14. Copy and original of the certificate of marital status.
If the applicant is divorced, widowed or married, a certificate of marriage, divorce or death of the spouse must be provided.
15. For those students who are under age and who require a British study visa, a birth certificate (original, copy) or adoption/adoption document must be presented. It must contain the full name of the parent who provides the account extract and provides funding for the entire stay in the UK.
16. If an applicant receiving a visa for study in the UK is sponsored by someone, then he/she must submit a sponsorship letter and a passport copy from this person.
17. The departure of a minor student applying for a visa to study in the UK requires parental or guardians consent (original and copy), notarized and translated into English.
Variants of the document:
- If traveling unaccompanied, then a notarized consent must be present from both parents or all guardians;
- if the applicant is accompanied by one of the parents or guardians, then the notarized consent must be from the second person;
- if the consent constitutes the guardian, then it is necessary to provide a certificate that the guardian is legal;
- the trustee who accompanies the student needs the notarial consent of both parents or guardians.
18. If there were any offenses or convictions, then an official document on their availability and sentencing is needed.
20. Certificate of registration of any property (copy), which is registered on the applicant: land, real estate, securities. If the car is owned, then a copy of its technical passport is required.
21. The applicant's formal consent to process personal data is a prerequisite for obtaining any visa (even a long-term student visa for England TIER4).
If the applicant is not yet 18 years old, then this document is completed by one of the parents.
22. Сhildren from 11 years old need a tuberculosis test certificate.
Clidren's visits to the clinic must be accompanied by parents or guardians, who must have along the amount to pay the fee (150 USD) and an identity document. If there are certificates to previous lung tests or tests on tuberculosis, they are also provided.
If the student is not yet 11 years old, parents or guardians must fill out a questionnaire on the state of his health only in an accredited clinic, after which, based on the data in the questionnaire, the doctor decides on the expediency of tuberculosis testing. If, according to the doctor, there is no need for verification, the child will be given a certificate, in which it will be said that the applicant did not have to undergo a check. Such a document is issued at a fee according to the established taxis, and it is attached to the main package of documents.
In the case of a negative test result, a certificate is issued no later than 4 hours after the examination. For this, one of the parents needs to arrive from 13:00 to 16:00 at the selected clinic 2 days before the examination and register. You need to have along 2 of child's photo size 3x4, the data of the educational institution in which he will study, and the passport of the child. Adult applicants are not required to sign in advance. The test cocts about 115 USD.
23. A printed application form with a reservation in the visa center is required, which is prepared by the specialists of our company (2 copies)
Important! If the foster family in which the student resides, does not cooperate with the educational institution and does not belong to it, then documents are needed. Now on the site it is called not an appendix, but an additional part of the Tier 4. It is accompanied by:
- a guarantee voucher of one of the members of the foster family (an original, written undertaking from the intended carer);
- an official letter from one of the parents or legal guardian about the consent that the student will live in this family (an original, letter from your parent or legal guardian); Necessarily translated into English;
- a copy of the letter of notification to the local authority that the child will be under the care of a private foster carer;
- an original document from the local authority confirming the notification of the arrangement;
- confirmation that the intended carer is legally resides in the United Kingdom, for example: a copy of the certificate of naturalization as citizens of Britain, certified by a notary, or a copy of the British Passport issued in the EU and notarized;
- confirmation that the foster family has funds in the bank account amounting to 1500GBP x 9 months of the calendar year, in addition to the money for living and teaching the student.
When applying for a Tier 4 (student) visa from May 10, 2013, all applicants were required to simultaneously pass a biometric interview and apply for an interview, which should reveal the real purpose of the trip to the UK.
Based on the results of this interview, the visa officer will receive a report on the basis of which he will make a decision, considering the documents and the application. At the request of the officer, the applicant can be called again for a second interview.