Velikiye Luki State Academy of Physical Culture and Sports, VLGAFC
Description of Velikiye Luki State Academy of Physical Culture and Sports, VLGAFC
- Location: Velikiye Luki, Pskov region, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
VLGAFC was founded on June 19, 1970 as the Velikiye Luki branch of the Leningrad State Institute of Physical Culture named after P.F. Lesgaft. From 1977 to 1992, the university was a branch of the Moscow State Institute of Physical Culture.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the academy includes:
- physical education and sports;
- social and humanitarian;
- distance learning;
- Research Institute of Sports and Health-Improving Physical Culture.
On the instructions of the Ministry of Sports of Russia, the VLGAFC conducted research on the topic "Improving the technical and functional preparedness of athletes on the basis of artificially created interaction with the external training environment (for example, archery and pistol)". The purpose of the work was to study the possibility of improving the effectiveness of technical and functional training of athletes of shooting sports on the basis of artificial optimization of their interaction with external training environment. The results of the work formed the basis of methodological recommendations that are implemented in the training process of the Archery Federation of the Pskov Region, in the work of the MBUDO CYSS No. 3 in Velikiye Luki (bullet shooting and archery departments) and in the educational process of the FSBEI HE "VLGAFK". The results of the study can be used by athletes and coaches of sports teams of Russia and regions of shooting sports, as well as specialists and employees of sports laboratories. The proposed methods and approaches to the interpretation of the data obtained can be included in the current or staged control of the preparedness of athletes.
Of great importance in the research activities of the VLGAFC is attached to the improvement of innovative swimming training programs for people of different ages and genders, including those with health disorders.
Things to know about
The total number of teaching staff of the university is 64 people, including:
- 7 Doctors of Science;
- 32 candidates of sciences.
A number of teachers of VLGAFC have honorary and sports titles:
- "Peter Lesgaft Medal" was awarded to 1 person;
- the title "Honored Worker of Physical Culture of the Russian Federation" has 3 people;
- the title of master of sports – 2 people;
- the title of master of sports of international class – 1 person;
- The title of Excellence in Physical Culture and Sports – 12 people.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Velikiye Luki State Academy of Physical Culture and Sports, VLGAFC
Accommodation, meals, prices
VLGAFC has a dormitory for 400 places, students are accommodated in 2-3 people in a room. The dormitory has a buffet for 36 seats, showers and a laundry room.
The fee for living in a hostel is 352 rubles for a place for state employees and 690 rubles for a place for students on a paid basis.
Activities Velikiye Luki State Academy of Physical Culture and Sports, VLGAFC
At VLGAFK, much attention is paid to working with first-year students, their adaptation to new learning conditions, relationships in the team, in everyday life. Every year on September 1, a holiday "Day of Knowledge" is organized for them.
In September-October, the following events are organized to adapt first-year students to the new conditions of university life:
- acquaintance with the Academy;
- solemn presentation of student cards, "Freshman Memos";
- organization of sports competitions for the Freshman Prize;
- concert program "Hello! We are the 1st year!
Much attention is paid to student self-government at the academy. The VLGAFC has:
- Trade union;
- Student Council;
- student law enforcement squad;
- Volunteer squad of the Academy.
Students of VLGAFC take part in socially significant events of the national and international level.
Facilities and equipment at Velikiye Luki State Academy of Physical Culture and Sports, VLGAFC
VLGAFC has an educational, sports and material and technical base, which includes:
- 4 educational buildings;
To conduct the educational process, the following are used:
- sports hall;
- athletics hall;
- gymnastics hall;
- martial arts hall;
There is an athletics stadium with a football field, a running track with polyurethane coating, an administrative building to ensure the training process and competitions. The educational process is provided by three computer classes.
In the arsenal of VLGAFC there are:
- office equipment;
- Video projectors.
Equipped with a library with:
- a reading room for 70 seats;
- computer reading room.
- 5 cars;
- Bulldozer and 2 snowmobiles to prepare the ski slopes.
All buildings have security and fire alarms and video surveillance systems, a medical office works in a dormitory.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each ending with a test and examination session in accordance with the curriculum of the corresponding educational program.
Additional expenses may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for nonresidents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
Documents required for admission to the university:
- passport and photocopy;
- a state-issued document on secondary (complete) general or secondary vocational education (certificate of graduation from secondary school or diploma of graduation from secondary educational institutions on the basis of 9 classes) and its photocopy;
- 4 photos 3x4;
In addition, additional documents can be submitted that meet the interests of the applicants themselves:
- medical certificate No. 086u for university applicants;
- electrocardiogram with a doctor's opinion;
- military ID (or registration certificate).
You can apply for admission and documents in person, by mail or online.
Partners of the university in the employment of graduates:
- Children's and Youth Sports School, sports clubs, sports and recreation groups and other organizations of the city of Velikiye Luki and districts of the Pskov region;
- Medical, preventive and health institutions, rehabilitation centers, sanatoriums in Velikiye Luki and districts of the Pskov region;
- secondary schools in Velikiye Luki and districts of the Pskov region;
- institutions of the social and cultural sphere of the city of Velikiye Luki.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document;
- successful completion of the test of professional orientation (physical education, the minimum passing score is 55).
The minimum number of points according to the results of the exam:
- Mathematics — 27;
- Biology — 36;
- Social Studies — 42;
- Russian language — 38.
Scholarships Velikiye Luki State Academy of Physical Culture and Sports, VLGAFC
The following types of scholarships are paid at VLGAFC:
- state academic;
- state social;
- increased state academic;
- state social in an increased amount;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation.
In addition, the university provides financial support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Velikiye Luki State Academy of Physical Culture and Sports, VLGAFC
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.