Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet
Description of Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Academy of Russian Ballet is one of the oldest educational institutions in Russia. The Academy is associated with the dawn and worldwide recognition of Russian ballet, the names of graduates of the Vaganova ArB are known in world cultural circles and are associated with the legendary "Russian Seasons" by S.P. Diaghilev.
Faculties and colleges
The Vaganova ArB has 2 main faculties:
Special attention at the Academy of Russian Ballet is paid to the research potential of students. The Student Scientific Society (SSS) was formed at the Pedagogical Faculty: its tasks are to organize and coordinate the work of students in priority areas of innovation and scientific research in the field of Russian art.
Since 1991, the Academy has been publishing a periodical scientific journal "Bulletin of the Academy of Russian Ballet named after A.Y. Vaganova". In addition, the scientific and publishing department of the Academy regularly publishes works on the methodology and history of St. Petersburg ballet.
Things to know about
The Academy of Russian Ballet was founded by Empress Anna Ioannovna in 1738.
Anna Pavlova, a graduate of the Academy of Russian Ballet, shone on the stage of Paris at Diaghilev's "Russian Seasons".
The acting rector of the Academy is the People's Artist of the Russian Federation N.M. Tsiskaridze.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet
Accommodation, meals, prices
Vaganova ArB has a boarding school and a hostel for nonresident students. The place can be obtained by students enrolled in the programs of secondary vocational and higher professional education (Executive Faculty). The total number of places is 190.
The hostel is also provided to students studying at the Pedagogical Faculty. The total number of seats is 70.
Meals for students are provided in the canteen of the Academy, which is located in the educational building. The total number of beds is 80.
Activities Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet
The life of students and pupils of the Academy is full of cultural and thematic events. The administration of the educational institution provides for the comprehensive development of pupils: civil-patriotic, spiritual-moral and cultural-educational. During the academic year, excursions, thematic conversations, concerts and competitions are held for pupils and students of the Vaganova ArB.
The Academy implements:
- Project "Cinema Club";
- Reading Circle Project;
- Project "Musical Change".
Facilities and equipment at Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet
The building of the Academy of Russian Ballet is located in the center of St. Petersburg next to the Museum of Theatrical and Musical Art. The building of the Vaganova ArB is equipped with: classrooms, a computer class, a language laboratory and a class of musical informatics. For practical classes, 24 rehearsal rooms, an educational theater, a conference hall, a piano room and a cabinet for the history of Russian ballet named after M.Kh. Frangopoulo are equipped.
In addition, in the building of the Academy there is a library with a reading room, a dining room, a medical center, three gymnasiums and one gym.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the Academy of Russian Ballet begins on September 1 and ends on June 30. Winter holidays for students begin around December 28 and end on January 8 or 9. Summer holidays last 2 months (from June 30 to August 31).
In the intervals between semesters and vacation weekends, final and intermediate certifications are held.
The cost of living in a hostel is from 3300 rubles / month.
Acceptance of documents in the A.Y. Vaganova ArB begins on June 20. To submit an application, the applicant must register, bring the necessary package of documents to the admission committee. In addition, an application with all documents can be submitted through the portal "State Services".
Admission is held on a competitive basis. One of the main admission criteria is the passage of the entrance creative test, which consists of two parts:
- Performing a classical dance lesson. Some areas of study also require: choreographic improvisation on a given musical theme and / or demonstration of a dance number, performance of the program on the piano.
To date, more than 700 people study at the Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet. The most popular area of study among applicants is "Choreographic Art" - 107 people.
More than 83% of students after graduating from the Vaganova ArB are employed in their specialty.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When entering the Academy of Russian Ballet, the following requirements are put forward to the applicant:
- Level of education (secondary vocational or secondary general);
- Level of physical fitness (demonstrated during the passage of a creative test);
- Level of knowledge of the history of Russian ballet and art (through an interview).
Minimum passing scores for the Unified State Exam or entrance tests:
- Russian language — 40;
- Literature: 40;
- History — 40.
Scholarships Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet
Students enrolled in secondary vocational and higher education programs are provided with a scholarship in accordance with the Regulations on Scholarship Support and Other Forms of Material Support for Students at the Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Vaganova Academy of Russian Ballet
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.