Ural State Pedagogical University
Description of Ural State Pedagogical University
- Location: Yekaterinburg, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
USPU was founded in 1930, is one of the best pedagogical universities of the Russian Federation and is the leading pedagogical university in the Ural region.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the Ural State Pedagogical University includes 10 institutes:
- foreign languages;
- pedagogy and psychology of childhood;
- special education;
- natural science, physical culture and tourism;
- philology and intercultural communication;
- universal pedagogical technologies;
- mathematics, physics, computer science;
- social sciences;
In addition, the Structure of the Ural State Pedagogical University includes:
- Center "Pedagogical Technopark "Quantorium"" named after V. G. Zhitomirsky;
- Scientific and Educational Center "Rasplav";
- Museum of University History.
The structure of the Ural State Pedagogical University includes its own publishing department. Every year, since 2010, more than 10 scientific journals have been published on the website "Scientific Journals of the Ural State Pedagogical University":
- "Bulletin of Social and Humanitarian Education and Science";
- Collection "Russian Rock Poetry: Text and Context";
- Collection of scientific articles LITTERA TERRA et al.
Things to know about
Since 2019, usSPU has been taking part in the Humanitarian Project "Russian Teacher Abroad" in the Kyrgyz Republic.
The pedagogical staff of the Ural State Pedagogical University includes 67 doctors of sciences and 275 candidates of sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ural State Pedagogical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
On the territory of the Ural State Pedagogical University there are 4 buildings of the hostel with a total capacity of more than 2000 people. The hostel is provided to nonresident students studying in full-time form.
The rooms can accommodate up to four people. The rooms are equipped with single-tier or bunk beds, tables, chairs or stools, cabinets and wardrobes for personal belongings. The dormitories are equipped with communal kitchens.
Meals for students are carried out in the canteen, the number of seats is 150. In addition, a buffet for 30 seats is open.
Activities Ural State Pedagogical University
Student life at USPU is full and full of bright events. The Student Council is actively active at the university, which represents the interests of students and protects their rights.
Students can become part of one of the following associations:
- Student Ecological Club "Biosphere";
- Tourist club "Vershina";
- CMO "Your MetHelp";
- Student search team "Styx" and others.
Student concerts and events are held annually:
- Talent contests;
- Initiation into freshmen;
- Student Spring;
- Competition "Student of the Year";
- New Year's eve concert, etc.
Facilities and equipment at Ural State Pedagogical University
UsGPU is located in the Ordzhonikidze district of Yekaterinburg, a five-minute walk from the metro station "Mashinostroiteley". In front of the main building of the University there is a small alley with a memorial to the "Children of War".
In the educational buildings of the Ural State Pedagogical University, lecture halls and classrooms for practical classes are equipped, all classes are equipped with the necessary furniture, computers and projection equipment, some of the classrooms are additionally equipped with information stands.
In addition, several sports facilities are equipped in the Ural State Pedagogical University:
- 2 halls of athletic gymnastics;
- Hall for team sports;
- Educational and sports building (game and gymnasium);
- Dance hall for aerobics and dance.
At the disposal of the University there is its own library, canteen and paramedic health center.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at USPU begins on September 1 and ends according to the schedule of the educational process. One training course consists of two semesters (duration from 4 to 5 months), each of which ends with an examination session.
Holidays during one academic year are at least 7 and not more than 10 weeks, excluding holidays.
The cost of living in the dormitory of the University is from 600 to 1100 rubles per month, depending on the building.
In addition, a number of additional paid services are provided:
- Storage of personal property living in the storage room - from 185 rubles per month;
- Examination of the person settling for pediculosis and scabies - from 50 rubles;
- Laundry in the laundry room - from 50 rubles per 1 session (weight up to 5 kg).
The management of the Ural State Pedagogical University has established the following terms of the admission committee:
- The beginning of the reception of documents is June 20 of this year;
- Completion of the reception of documents (according to the results of the Unified State Exam and without passing the entrance tests) - July 13;
- The deadline for accepting documents (when passing entrance tests) is July 25.
- Competition lists are published no later than August 21.
- No later than August 25 of the current year, orders for enrollment are issued.
Today, more than 8,000 people study at usSPU, about 835 students are trained on the budget.
The most popular area of study is "Special (defectological) education".
More than 90% of graduates find a job in the first year after graduation. Graduates of the Ural State Pedagogical University become honored teachers of the Russian Federation, honored workers of science and culture of the Russian Federation, honored coaches of the Russian Federation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When entering the Ural State Pedagogical University, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests.
Scholarships Ural State Pedagogical University
Payment of scholarships to students is made in accordance with the Regulation on the appointment of scholarships to students at the Ural State Pedagogical University.
Types of scholarships:
- state academic;
- state social students;
- state postgraduate students;
- students of the preparatory department.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Ural State Pedagogical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.