Ural Institute of Economics, Management and Law (UrU-UIEUiP)
Description of Ural Institute of Economics, Management and Law (UrU-UIEUiP)
- Location: Yekaterinburg, Russia;
- Age of students: 17+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Ural Institute of Economics, Management and Law was founded on August 20, 1992. The initiators of the creation of the institute were scientists of the Ural Law Academy and the Ural State University named after A.M. Gorky.
The educational process of the university is regulated by local regulations developed in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation in the field of education, and the Charter of the NACHOUVE "UIEUiP".
Faculties and colleges
The institute as separate structural units includes 9 branches located in The cities of Artemovsky, Verkhnyaya Salda, Kamensk-Uralsky, Krasnoturinsk, Lesnoy, Nizhny Tagil, Polevskoy, Kurgan and in the city of Zlatoust, Chelyabinsk region, as well as 3 faculties:
Research activity is a mandatory and most important component of the institute's activities. The main requirements for research activities are a high theoretical level, relevance, practical significance of scientific research, the relationship with the educational process of the institute and the practical activities of state authorities and local self-government. Scientific research conducted at the Institute is theoretically and practically relevant. The relevance of scientific research at the university is determined by the needs of the region and society, the scientific interests of university scientists.
The main directions of scientific activity are related to the involvement of scientific and pedagogical workers in the implementation of research that contributes to the development of innovative technologies, the use of the results obtained in the educational process, the education of scientific and pedagogical personnel and the advanced educationof the teaching staff.
The most important direction of the research activities of the Institute is the development of scientific schools. Currently, there are 3 scientific schools in the university:
- "Actual problems of legal regulation of social relations in modern Russian society";
- "Strategic vectors of socio-economic development";
- "Problems and Prospects for the Development of the Information Society: Models and Solutions".
The institute actively employs student scientific societies, the council of students. Student scientific conferences are held annually, including in a foreign language. Students of the university participate in scientific and practical conferences, Olympiads in relevant specialties of various levels. Senior students are active participants in inter-university scientific and practical conferences, make reports and scientific reports. Competitions for the "Best Student Work" and "The Best Diploma Work" are held annually: the winners are awarded with certificates and valuable gifts, and photos of the winners are posted on specially designed stands and on the institute's website.
Things to know about
Of the total number of teaching staff, 42 people have the degree of Doctor of Sciences, 163 people have a Candidate of Sciences, 27 people have the academic title of Professor, and 141 people have an associate professor's degree.
First-year full-time students who have a high total score on the results of the Unified State Exam when entering the institute may be reduced in the amount of tuition fees:
- with a total score according to the results of the Unified State Exam of 210 points - 50%;
- with a total score according to the results of the Unified State Exam 190-210 points - 30%
- with a total score according to the results of the Unified State Exam of 180-190 points - up to 15%.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ural Institute of Economics, Management and Law (UrU-UIEUiP)
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university does not have its own dormitories for non-resident students, but helps them to settle in the network of hostels "Aurora". Check-in is carried out in 2-, 6- and 8-bed rooms. The convenient location of hostels in the city center, near the metro, near cars and railway stations allows students to quickly get to the institute.
Activities Ural Institute of Economics, Management and Law (UrU-UIEUiP)
Involvement in sports is one of the main directions of educational work. The institute has a strong team in men's mini-football, competitions in volleyball, basketball, bowling and arm wrestling are constantly held.
The Council of Students is the organizer of institute holidays and events.
The university publishes 2 student newspapers - "Avenue 194" and "YurEk". The Institute has various clubs and sections.
Students of the university take an active part in socio-political and cultural-educational events held at the institute and the city. Students of the Faculty of Law have organized a legal clinic to provide free assistance to residents of Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Tagil, Kurgan, Kamensk-Uralsky and other cities of the Sverdlovsk region.
The Institute also actively participates in helping orphanages within the framework of the "Good Deeds" project.
Facilities and equipment at Ural Institute of Economics, Management and Law (UrU-UIEUiP)
To ensure the educational process, the institute has educational areas of about 25 thousand square meters and educational and auxiliary areas of about 1.5 thousand square meters on the territory of 16 buildings. For lectures and practical classes and consultations are equipped with:
- 127 lecture and practical classrooms (24 thematically designed classrooms);
- 15 specialized computer classes equipped with modern computer equipment and licensed software;
- 10 courtrooms;
- 13 specialized laboratories;
- 4 legal clinics;
- 10 language laboratories;
- 4 audio/video rooms;
- 4 rooms and much more.
Almost all classrooms are equipped with modern multimedia complexes for presentations and demonstration of software used in the educational process.
- Sports halls of general physical education and team sports;
- Aerobics classrooms
- Table tennis room.
- Reading rooms;
- Book depository;
- Special library.
Areas providing social and living conditions for learning:
- Cafes and buffets;
- Medical offices.
Areas of educational and auxiliary purpose:
- Dean's offices, departments, departments;
- Admissions committees;
- Assembly halls.
Admission dates and extra charges
The educational process at the university is organized by academic years (courses) and semesters (autumn and spring).
Additional costs include accommodation fees (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
When submitting an application for consent to enrollment to the university, it is necessary to provide the following set of documents:
- identity and citizenship document;
- a document on the appropriate level of education;
- documents confirming special rights and/or personal achievements;
- 2 photos.
Documents can be sent to the admissions office by mail, electronically or in person.
The demand for graduates of the institute among the enterprises of the Sverdlovsk region and other regions indicates a high level of education.
Promotion of employment of graduates of the Institute is carried out throughout the year. To improve the level of professional education of graduates, reduce the time for industrial adaptation, the following forms of cooperation with employers are used:
- conclusion of cooperation agreements between the university and enterprises for the education of specialists (118);
- organization of students' practices (118 practice bases);
- coordination of the subject of course and diploma works of projects, taking into account the place of future work of the graduate.
Many graduates are employed during the period of pre-diploma practice. Graduates are in stable demand among employers of the Ural region - popular employers:
- VSMPO-AVISMA Corporation,
- JSC "New Technologies",
- Investment companies "Grace Securities" and "Eurogreen",
- Russian Railways,
- VTB 24,
- Sverdlovsk Arbitration Court,
- Department of Security, Civil Defense and Emergency Situations of Russia in the Sverdlovsk Region,
- Sberbank of Russia,
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in the Sverdlovsk region,
- Traffic police in the Sverdlovsk region,
- Administration of the cities of the Sverdlovsk region,
- JSC "Seversky Pipe Plant",
- Russian Standard Bank,
- Cargo Group,
- MDM Bank,
- MUP "Vodokanal",
- Office of the Federal Bailiff Service,
- Notary Chamber of the Sverdlovsk Region,
- JSC "NPK "Uralvagonzavod",
- JSC "Sverdlovskenergosbyt",
- LLC "Nizhny Tagil Pipe Plant "Metallinvest",
- OTKRITIE Bank OJSC,
- "Credit Europe Bank",
- FKU IK-6 GUFSIN of Russia in the Sverdlovsk region,
- "Renaissance Credit", etc.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Persons with secondary general or secondary vocational or higher education are allowed to master bachelor's degree programs.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Russian language – 40;
- Geography – 40;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Informatics and ICT – 44;
- History – 35;
- Mathematics – 39;
- Social Studies – 45.
Scholarships Ural Institute of Economics, Management and Law (UrU-UIEUiP)
Scholarships awarded to full-time university students are divided into:
- increased for excellent students;
- personal scholarships of the Council of Founders of the Institute.
When awarding a scholarship, the following are also taken into account:
- work in scientific and methodological conferences and student Olympiads;
- participation in competitions of the institute, regional or all-Russian level;
- active participation in the student life of the Institute (sports competitions, KVN, student theater, etc.); participation in the work of student scientific societies.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Ural Institute of Economics, Management and Law (UrU-UIEUiP)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.