The University of Zambia is the country's oldest university, founded in 1966. The leadership of the country had the idea of creating a higher educational institution in Zambia at the very beginning of the 20th century, but World War II prevented us and returned to this plan only in the 1960s.
Today, the university received recognition and accreditation of leading international organizations and became a member of:
University of Zambia - alma mater for famous people such as:
The following specialties are recruited:
The university has several buildings equipped with dormitories. Mostly double occupancy, family rooms are absent. All rooms are equipped with new furniture. The hostels work around the clock staff, the purpose of which is to help students with everyday problems. Students who take part in short-term programs, or foreign students can get for temporary use one of the 500 private apartments listed on the university's balance sheet.
Meals are organized thanks to the kitchens in each block of the hostel, cafeterias and dining rooms.
On the basis of the University of Zambia are working:
For students studying remotely, the E-Campus portal works.
The campus consists of educational buildings, dormitories, a store and a sports complex. The classrooms are equipped with the necessary equipment and are fully furnished. The sports complex is equipped with the latest equipment in order to popularize sports and healthy lifestyles among students.
The school year begins in September, distance learning can begin year-round.
In addition, you will have to pay for accommodation, meals, medical insurance and registration fee when submitting documents.
In order to become a student at the University of Zambia, an applicant must provide:
In addition, it is necessary to pass internal exams depending on the chosen specialty.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.