University of Toyama
Description of University of Toyama
The University of Toyama is an educational institution of state type in Japan that has been active in scientific and educational activities since the distant 1949. The main university building is in Toyama.
It is about the institution, which from year to year consistently takes the highest positions of Japanese academic ratings.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Toyama
Facilities and equipment at University of Toyama
Both newcomers and local young people claim the same conditions for admission.
There is a great atmosphere for students, there is a large library, a hostel and a well-developed sports infrastructure.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission of students is a special commission, based on the results of previously passed examinations. It is noteworthy that the competition among the applicants is not so high here. Three applicants simultaneously apply for each student’s place. Each year of study here is divided into classical parts - two semesters.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Toyama
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.