The University of Cape Coast (UCC) was founded in 1962 to train teachers at teacher training colleges and technological institutes. UCC is currently providing training to healthcare professionals, administrators, educational planners and agricultural professionals.
The university is comprised of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and the Association of African Universities (AAU).
Academic undergraduate programs are implemented in the following areas:
The university offers master's programs in the following areas:
The university offers doctoral programs in the following areas:
The university is located in Cape Coast (Ghana) on a hill overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The material and technical base of the university includes its own library.
The university has a two-semester academic year.
To enter the university you must:
Additional admission requirements are set by each faculty independently.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.