Universidad Rafael Landivar
Description of Universidad Rafael Landivar
- Hotel Area: Guatemala
- Year of foundation: 1961
- Number of students: more than 2500
- Language of instruction: Spanish
- Type of education: mixed.
Rafael Landívar University is a private Catholic university run by the Society of Jesus.
The institution was founded in 1961. The first admission of applicants was held in January 1962: about 140 students were admitted to the first year.
At the moment, training at the university takes place on the basis of specialized schools:
- Architecture, design
- Agricultural, Environmental Sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Economy, business
- Law, Social Sciences.
Now more than 2500 students study here.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Universidad Rafael Landivar
Activities Universidad Rafael Landivar
Throughout their stay on campuses, students can participate in various integration activities: sports competitions, student groups, creative projects, etc.
The sports department of the university organizes internal tournaments, annual races, competitions in many sports:
- Team sports: basketball, volleyball, football
The sports sector is responsible for initial physical training, group and individual training, coordination of students wishing to enter sports academies.
Artes Landivar is a space for meetings of art associations, exhibitions and events. Annually here are held:
- Dance, music, theatrical presentations
- Seminars, courses
- Special events with the participation of national, foreign artists
- Film forums.
For creative students at the university are open:
- Center for Dance and Movement Research
- Theatre Laboratory
- Art workshops
- Music studios: violin, choir, single singing
- Dance studios: marimba, Flemish dance, plastic surgery
- Virtual Heritage Center.
The art department of the university cooperates with the Institute of Musicology, Higher Studies.
Also at the university are open:
- Student political organizations
- Science Clubs
- Representation of faculties
- Student Council of each campus.
- The campus of the university has the status of a regional
- Updated infrastructure
- Part of a network of 30 universities in Latin America entrusted to the Society of Jesus
- International student exchange programs.
Facilities and equipment at Universidad Rafael Landivar
Rafael Landivar University has 9 campuses in Guatemala. The main campus is located in Area 16 and is known as Vista Hermosa III. Daughter training sites are located in Quetzaltenango, Coban, Zacapa and other parts of the country.
The Escuintla campus is the first to be built in the capital, began operations in 1990 and currently serves the majority of students from more than 90 municipalities of the country.
The remaining eight campuses are:
- COU University Orientation Centre – Assessment Diagnosis, Career Guidance
- Publishing house – scheduling for students, editing of bibliographic materials, coverage of university life and innovations in the field of education
- TEC Landivar – 42 laboratories of different specializations: weather station, astronomy, water analysis, information systems, autotronics, anatomy, soil science, etc. Each laboratory has the necessary equipment, methodological materials, demonstration modules for conducting classes, research, practice
- Academic building with classrooms, computer classes
- Sports facilities of open, indoor types: games, gyms, stadium, dance studios
- Conference rooms for events.
Each student has a card that allows them to use the entire infrastructure of the university throughout the entire period of study, as well as giving access to participation in national, international exchange events.
Students are in an atmosphere of round-the-clock support from academic coordinators.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year lasts approximately nine months. The start and end of the program depend on the date of admission. Holidays are held on national and public holidays.
- Accommodation, meals
- Medical care
- Personal expenses
- Books, consumables if necessary
- Contributions to student associations.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
You can apply for admission on the official website of the university. After filling out the questionnaire, you should expect a response from consultants to pass an interview, an entrance exam. The exam is a decisive factor for admission to this university.
Documents to be provided to all applicants:
- Diploma of the previous level of education with a scorecard
- Questionnaire with personal data
- Academic orientation test for program selection
- Personal documents: passport, medical insurance, vaccinations, etc.
Foreigners need to have a student visa, a bank account with local currency, a foreign passport. All programs are taught in Spanish, so the level of his knowledge should not be lower than the conversational one.
Scholarships Universidad Rafael Landivar
Most scholarships are awarded to students with outstanding intellectual abilities, regardless of their financial resources.
The SJ scholarship program with the support of national, foreign partners manages a fund of scholarships that finance all students: academically successful, without finances, caught in a difficult life situation, developing innovative ideas, etc.
The Enlace Vinculacion program annually organizes charitable events, thereby helping the population of Guatemala and its students in the development of talents, ideas, academic success. Every year, a drawing of tickets is held on it - the winner of 10,000 tickets receives scholarship support.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Universidad Rafael Landivar
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.