Ugra State University, Yugra State University
Description of Ugra State University, Yugra State University
- Location: Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
YSU is a young university, formed relatively recently, in 2001, in the city of Khanty-Mansiysk.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on the activities of the following administrative and educational units:
- School of Engineering for Digital Technologies;
- Higher School of Digital Economy;
- Graduate School of Law;
- Higher School of Ecology;
- Graduate School of Humanities;
- Higher School of Psychology and Education;
- Higher School of Physical Culture and Sports;
- Higher Petroleum School;
- Polytechnic School.
On the basis of the university, scientific events are held:
- Seminar of the leading scientific school "Environmental Dynamics and Global Climate Change";
- International Petroleum Academic Congress named after F.K. Salmanov;
- All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference "The Status of a Representative of the Indigenous Peoples of the North in Modern Law";
- V.I. Shpilman Regional Youth Conference "Problems of Environmental Management and the History of Geological Prospecting in Western Siberia".
In addition, scientific journals are printed:
- Bulletin of Ugra State University;
- Environmental dynamics and global climate change.
Things to know about
The university conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Laurea University of Applied Sciences;
- Brno University of Technology;
- Masaryk University;
- Matej Bel University;
- Mendel University;
- National Kapodistrian University of Athens;
- Baltic International Academy;
- Faculty of Finno-Ugric and Nordic Studies, University of Helsinki;
- North Kazakhstan State University named after M. Kozybayev;
- S. Amanzholov East Kazakhstan State University;
- Caspian State University of Technology and Engineering named after Yessenov;
- Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics;
- Russian Center for Science and Culture in Lusaka.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ugra State University, Yugra State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides 7 five-story dormitories for nonresident full-time students.
For catering, the university has a buffet with 20 seats.
Activities Ugra State University, Yugra State University
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- Approbation of the game "UID" for employees of the GPNH;
- Exhibition "Vocation – Teacher";
- Olympiad in the discipline of Engineering Graphics;
- Exhibition "The Light of the Orthodox Book";
- Career guidance meeting of students with representatives of the Khanty-Mansiysk Employment Center;
- City, interbranch Olympiad in Electrical Engineering and Electronics;
- Networking "Preparation of applications for the competition of student startups";
- Workshop "Trajectory of healthy lifestyle";
- Participation in the educational exhibition "Admission Navigator";
- City festival of amateur performances among students of higher and secondary specialized educational institutions "Student Spring".
Facilities and equipment at Ugra State University, Yugra State University
The educational process is carried out in 5 buildings, equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory work. The classrooms are equipped with the necessary modern equipment: screens, projectors, computers, audio systems and electronic whiteboards.
Students have access to a scientific library with a reading room for 52 seats.
A sports complex is provided for sports.
Admission dates and extra charges
At YuSU, the learning process is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying, students incur the following additional costs:
- Payment for accommodation in a dormitory;
- Leisure and recreation.
To enter the university, you must provide:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Proof of use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account when admitting;
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- 2 photos – for persons applying for training based on the results of entrance examinations conducted by the university independently.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 10,000 students study at the university.
To facilitate the process of finding a place of practice and work in the South, a career and employment center operates.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Geography — 40;
- References: — 40.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of university entrance examinations with scores of at least 40.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Ugra State University, Yugra State University
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
- Students of the preparatory department.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Ugra State University, Yugra State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.