Surgut State Pedagogical University, Surgut State Pedagogical University
Description of Surgut State Pedagogical University, Surgut State Pedagogical University
- Location: Surgut, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1986 in the city of Surgut and is the only pedagogical university in the region.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
- Social and humanitarian;
- Psychology and pedagogy;
- Physical culture and sports;
At SurSPU, the priority research areas are:
- Development of sociology in the territory of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-Yugra;
- Concentration of efforts of the staff of the Laboratory of Regional Studies on the development of priority areas, social problems of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-Yugra;
- Modeling the process of maintaining physical and mental health for effective professional activity in the northern region;
- Prevention of psychosocial stress and stress-induced diseases of the indigenous and non-indigenous population of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug;
- Development of modern scientific and methodological approaches to the biological aspects of the safety of the educational environment.
- The study of regional literature: a description of the themes and motifs of the literature of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug – Yugra, a study of the dynamics of the literary process (consideration of the specifics of national literatures, determination of the role and functions of Russian literature);
- Development of applied aspects of biological safety of the educational environment, taking into account the priority areas for the development of education in the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-Yugra;
- Prediction of professional suitability for work in extreme conditions in the northern region.
Things to know about
The university conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Baranovichi State University;
- Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica;
- L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University;
- European Foundation for Slavic Literature and Culture;
- Embassy of France in the Russian Federation;
- North Kazakhstan University named after Manash Kozybayev.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Surgut State Pedagogical University, Surgut State Pedagogical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides two dormitories for nonresident full-time students. A total of 449 students can live in the buildings. The cost of living per month is approximately 1700 rubles.
For meals for students and staff, the university has 2 canteens with 380 seats in total.
Activities Surgut State Pedagogical University, Surgut State Pedagogical University
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- Action "Read together, read aloud!";
- Digital literary and artistic competition of readers "No one is forgotten, nothing is forgotten";
- Action "More than a teacher";
- All-Russian Educational Action "Scientists to Schools";
- Round table "Organization of the activities of a social institution on the behavior of explanatory and informational work among recipients of social services";
- Charity event "Changing Life Together";
- Contest of photographs "Ugra in the lens of students";
- All-Russian competition "League of Lecturers";
- Round table "Practice-oriented training for tourism and hospitality".
Facilities and equipment at Surgut State Pedagogical University, Surgut State Pedagogical University
The education process takes place in 3 educational buildings, equipped with classrooms for lectures and practical classes. The classrooms are equipped with modern technology: projectors, screens, electronic whiteboards and computers.
Students are given free access to two educational and scientific libraries of the university, with reading rooms for 148 seats.
For sports, the university provides the following sports facilities:
- 3 halls of team sports;
- 2 gyms;
- Gymnastic Sports Hall;
- Room for rifle training;
- Ski base.
Admission dates and extra charges
At SurSPU, the learning process is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
- Payment for accommodation;
- Leisure and recreation.
To enter the university, you must provide:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Proof of use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account when admitting;
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 2500 undergraduate and graduate students are studying at SurSPU.
After graduating from SurSPU, graduates become qualified specialists in the field of pedagogy and humanitarian affairs. To simplify the search for practice and work, the Career Center operates at the university.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Geography — 39;
- References, 39.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Surgut State Pedagogical University, Surgut State Pedagogical University
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
- Students of the preparatory department;
- Nominal of the Governor of the Khanty of the Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Ugra;
- Academic Council of the University.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Surgut State Pedagogical University, Surgut State Pedagogical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.