Summer Schools in London
Description of Summer Schools in London
- Location: London, England,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type of training: mixed.
Summer Schools in London offers teenagers from 15 to 18 years old a unique opportunity to gain the experience of living and studying in the capital of England. Summer English courses are open for students in a variety of areas: from law and medicine to game design and management.
Thanks to the ideal location of UCL University College, where classes are held and accommodation is organized, students' summer holidays will be varied and exciting. The courses offer a wide range of extracurricular activities, including field trips and themed nights on campus.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Summer Schools in London
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are accommodated on the campus of University College London (UCL). The proximity of the study area to many world-famous attractions allows students to learn about the environment, language and culture of the locals. The residential building is just a four-minute walk from Goodge Street Tube Station and a 12-minute walk from the British Museum, the British Library and Russell Square.
Children are accommodated in comfortable single bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, have access to common spaces with pool tables and to quiet study areas that are ideal for relaxation and self-study. The residence boasts an outdoor courtyard with comfortable outdoor furniture and attractive open-plan dining areas.
Activities Summer Schools in London
One of the large-scale events during the two weeks of study is a walking tour of Canary Wharf - E-Architect. It was founded by Adrian Welch and Isabelle Lomholt, who were educated architects in the UK. It offers news, events, tours, competitions, awards, lists of architects and vacancies for the next generation of architects. The experience gained at E-Architect will allow students to take a walking tour of London's key landmarks, get acquainted with the history, buildings and architecture of the area.
Each course contains more than ten exciting events organized both inside and outside the learning area. Students have a chance to:
- Visit the iconic sights of London,
- Explore one of the world-famous museums at night,
- Get new skills in an indoor skate park,
- Visit the award-winning theatre in the West End,
- Explore the Olympic Park.
- Studying on the campus of one of the best colleges in London,
- A varied program of events,
- Specialized teachers with extensive experience in work and research,
- The courses are accredited by the British Council BAC,
- The cost of the program includes everything you need: accommodation, meals, excursions and much more.
Facilities and equipment at Summer Schools in London
Located between Bloomsbury and King's Cross streets, the campus makes the most of its convenient location, giving children the opportunity to visit attractions, study areas of the country's leading universities, industrial centers throughout the city, enjoy incredible food, culture and history.
On campus, modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards, computer rooms and open spaces for recreation and communication are open for learning. Students also have access to the Building Center, a center for the built environment that provides a platform for the exchange of knowledge. It was founded in 1931 and is unique in that it unites different disciplines with each other: students will be able to study a variety of exhibits and use them as a basis for creating their own project.
Admission dates and extra charges
Students' weekly schedule includes morning and afternoon classes, activities, and field trips in the afternoon. The academic load is organized only on weekdays, and weekends are allocated for visiting attractions.
The cost of the programs includes:
- 13 nights accommodation in central London,
- Visiting leading industries on the topic of the course,
- 40 hours of project sessions from subject matter experts,
- Seminars on real projects,
- Transfer (according to the schedule),
- Career coaching 1:1 with a mentor,
- Full-day and half-day excursions to the famous sights of London,
- A formal dinner at the best London restaurant,
- Graduation ceremony and certificate,
- A detailed career development plan from a personal trainer,
- Comprehensive insurance,
- A photo with a mentor as a keepsake.
A change fee of £95 is possible
Students can take pocket money with them: buying souvenirs, going to a café.
To enroll in one of the summer programs, applicants must:
- Fill out the online registration form, provide the required documents,
- Obtain consent to enroll subject to availability,
- Pay for the course in full or make a deposit of £995,
- Get official confirmation and arrive for training.
Graduates of summer courses receive certificates that contain information about the training completed: the number of hours of language lessons, the progress of knowledge and success. Personal tutors will supplement the certificate with an academic report with recommendations for further study. These certifications will help students prove their language proficiency when applying to a school or college.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The requirements for each of the courses are almost the same:
- Personal documents: passport, visa or residence permit in the UK, health insurance,
- The level of knowledge of English is not lower than B2.
Scholarships Summer Schools in London
The school provides students with two options for material awards: a 100% scholarship to the winners of the essay competition and 100% financial aid on condition of need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Summer Schools in London
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.