Summer Camp Wheelock College (Summer Camp Wheelock College) provides an opportunity to spend the summer on the campus of a popular American university. This summer camp is organized by one of the leading American online schools of English - English Language Center (ELC - English Language Center). ELC was founded in 1978 and gained fame due to its high standards of educational programs and modern method of teaching. Currently, the language network is represented by three major language centers in Boston, Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. Every year, ELC centers receive thousands of children and adults from more than 30 countries from all over the world.
The advantages of ELC training are:
Summer camp Wheelock College from ELC is not only an excellent chance to significantly improve the level of language skills, but also an amazing opportunity to get acquainted with American culture and spend an unforgettable summer. Wheelock College is located in the city center, which will allow students to visit the main attractions. After classes, students will be able to practice English in everyday life, visit museums and theaters, parks and sports stadiums and much more.
The summer English language program is aimed at increasing the knowledge of the spoken language, gaining confidence in one's own abilities and developing basic language skills, including listening, reading, writing, grammar. Experienced teachers use the game form of conducting classes, which makes lessons fascinating for children and teenagers. For example, students create a variety of skits and videos. During the training not only teaching aids are used, but also additional training materials - a variety of video and audio programs, the Internet and others.
Training is divided into two parts - morning classes and afternoon activities.
Students take part in morning classes from Monday to Friday. Morning classes are compulsory and included in the price. Morning classes go in 2 directions:
Semi-Intensive English Course is suitable for students with any level of English. During the training, children and adolescents will learn grammar rules with the help of communicative methods of instruction, improve their pronunciation, and will also receive the practice of spoken language.
As part of the development of communication skills, students:
The business course is suitable for students with a level of the language not lower than Advanced (Upper Intermediate). Before the beginning of the classes the students pass a test for knowledge of the language. The available dates for starting classes at this course are June 30, July 7, July 14 and July 21. This program is aimed at improving students' skills not only in English, but also its application in business negotiations and business meetings.
Afternoon activities take place in one of 4 directions:
1. The classical program. As part of this direction, students can enjoy the variety that the summer camp offers through various cultural, sporting, sightseeing and shopping activities.
2. The program prepares for the university helps prepare for the SAT and TOEFL tests, as well as learn the skills necessary for admission to the American university. In addition, students will be able to visit local universities and learn how to write the correct essay.
3. The sports program will allow students to devote time after lunch to sports - football, basketball, baseball and other activities. In Boston are located some of the best sports teams in the world: Celtics, Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins. Also within this course, children and teenagers will visit the sports museum and some sports events.
4. The technical program will allow students to gain practical experience in modern advances in research and development. Children and adolescents will also be able to visit the science museum, do computer programming, visit the Harvard Laboratory and much more.
The cost of the program per student is:
Members of the summer program at Wheelock College have the opportunity to live and study in the most modern facilities located in the heart of Boston. The college, founded in 1888, has now gained immense popularity not only among Americans, but also among foreign students. Children and adolescents live on the campus of the university, which allows them to fully immerse themselves in university life. Near the university is the oldest and most famous stadium in America - Fenway Park (Fenway Park).
ELC offers two options for accommodation for students of the summer program Wheelock College:
The college residence offers students rooms for 2-3 people with shared facilities. The rooms have everything you need for a comfortable stay - comfortable beds, work space, roomy cabinets, air conditioning. Students are given bed linen and bath towels, each student can get fresh bed linen at the reception on request. In the building there is a laundry.
ULC provides meals on the basis of a full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner) from Monday to Friday, half-board on Saturday (breakfast + dinner) and breakfast only on Sundays.
Students of the day program of study are students who live with family or friends and participate in one of the summer training programs. Such students can attend only morning courses and classes, which take place from 8:30 from Monday to Friday. Please note that students who choose this option are responsible for their own safety beyond the territory of the college. If desired, children and adolescents can also take part in excursions or extra-curricular activities.
For students of the summer camp Wheelock College provides a rich cultural and entertainment program with a lot of extra-curricular activities and sightseeing trips.
Students can take part in numerous daytime and evening activities from Monday to Friday:
On Saturdays and Sundays, students are offered an interesting excursion program. For example, on Saturday, students can visit the numerous beaches, local festivals and fairs, go kayaking and much more. Please note that there is an additional charge for participation in some activities or excursions.
On Sunday, excursions for students are organized for whole days. List of excursions for 2018:
Summer camp Wheelock College provides its students with modern infrastructure:
The summer program runs from 23.06 to 11.08.
The cost of the summer program per student is:
The cost includes training for the chosen program, residence in the residence, extra-curricular activities, transfer on Saturday from 9 am to 9 pm.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.