St. Petersburg State Institute of Psychology and Social Work, SPbGIPSR
Description of St. Petersburg State Institute of Psychology and Social Work, SPbGIPSR
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
SPbGIPSR is the first specialized university of psychological and social profile in the North-West region. The Institute produces specialists in the social sphere, defectologists, psychologists and conflictologists.
Faculties and colleges
SPbGIPSR consists of three faculties and two basic departments:
- Faculty of Applied Psychology;
- Faculty of Psychological and Social Work;
- Faculty of Additional Education;
- Basic Department of Psychological and Pedagogical Support;
- Basic Department of Gerontology.
Every year, student scientific circles operate on the basis of SPbGIPSR, where students and teachers of the university study the following topics:
- Sound and color. Art practices and art-therapeutic technologies in psychological and social work;
- Migration: the problem of choosing a person's life goals;
- Psycholinguistics and psychological counseling on the Internet: E-therapy;
- Family counseling and psychotherapy.
In addition, SPbGIPSR publishes a periodical scientific and practical journal "Bulletin of Social Policy".
Things to know about
In April 2022, SPbGIPSR celebrated its 30th anniversary.
St. Petersburg State Institute of Psychology and Social Work takes part in the national project "Science and Universities".
In 2021, SPbGIPSR concluded a Cooperation Agreement with the University of Debrecen (Hungary).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St. Petersburg State Institute of Psychology and Social Work, SPbGIPSR
Accommodation, meals, prices
Meals for students and teachers of the university are carried out in its own canteen of SPbGIPSR. The total number of seats is 79.
SPbGIPSR has concluded two agreements on the placement of nonresident students in dormitories of other universities:
- SPbGBOU "Academy of Transport Technologies";
- FSBI "Interuniversity Campus".
Activities St. Petersburg State Institute of Psychology and Social Work, SPbGIPSR
Students of SPbGIPSR live a rich student life. For students, many events are held annually dedicated to such holidays as the Day of Knowledge, the New Year, February 23, March 8 and others. In addition, an initiation is held annually for first-year students, competitions and competitions are organized:
- Contest Miss and Mr. SPbGIPSR;
- Battle of the Faculties;
- New Year's Talent Contest;
- Competition "Student of the Year".
Facilities and equipment at St. Petersburg State Institute of Psychology and Social Work, SPbGIPSR
The main building of SPbGIPSR is located in the historical part of St. Petersburg - on Vasilyevsky Island. You can get there by metro (vasileostrovskaya station) or by land transport.
The building is equipped with lecture halls and classrooms for practical exercises, each classroom is equipped with a computer and projection equipment.
Students and teachers are provided with access to the Internet (Wi-Fi).
In addition, SPbGIPSR is equipped with a library, a dining room, a gym and a medical center.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year in SPbGIPSR begins on September 1 and ends according to the schedule of the educational process. One training course consists of two semesters, each of which ends with an examination session.
Holidays during one academic year are at least 7 and not more than 10 weeks, excluding holidays.
- The cost of living in the hostel of the Federal State Budgetary Institution "Interuniversity Campus" is 3500 rubles per month.
- The cost of living in the hostel of the Academy of Transport Technologies is from 1620 rubles per month (depending on living conditions).
Acceptance of documents in SPbGIPSR begins on June 20 and ends on July 25. Entrance tests are held from July 14 to July 25.
When submitting an application, the following documents must be submitted to the admissions office:
- Applicant's application;
- Consent to the processing of personal data;
- Identity document, citizenship (passport);
- A document of the established sample on education (certificate or diploma);
- 2 photos (3×4cm);
- Consent to enrollment;
- Documents confirming the presence of individual achievements;
- A document confirming the special right upon admission;
- A document confirming disability or disability requiring the creation of special conditions.
Today, about 1700 people study at SPbGIPSR, 186 students study on the budget.
The most popular area of study is "Social work in the system of social services of the population".
More than 80% of graduates find a job in the first year after graduating from SPbGIPSR. Graduates of the Institute are in demand in the structural units of social institutions, educational institutions, health care, the Ministry of Youth Policy, the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Population and other state and municipal institutions.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission to SPbGIPSR, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests.
The minimum number of passing points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Russian language — 40;
- Mathematics, 39;
- History, 35;
- Social Studies, 45;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language — 30.
Scholarships St. Petersburg State Institute of Psychology and Social Work, SPbGIPSR
Scholarships paid to students of SPbGIPSR are divided into:
- State academic;
- State social;
Payments are made in accordance with the Regulations of the SPbGIPSR on scholarship support and other measures of stimulation and material support for students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about St. Petersburg State Institute of Psychology and Social Work, SPbGIPSR
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.