St. Petersburg Medical and Social Institute, SPbMSI
Description of St. Petersburg Medical and Social Institute, SPbMSI
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
- Year of foundation: 2004
- Language of instruction: Russian, English
- Number of students: about 1100
- Type of education: mixed.
St. Petersburg Medical and Social Institute (SPbMSI) is a private higher educational institution of medical profile.
SPbMSI was founded in 2004, most of the programs were accredited in 2015. At the moment, specialty and residency programs are taught here for a small number of students - there are a little more than a thousand of them. The teaching staff includes about 200 teachers and staff engaged in the education at 18 departments. SPbMSI has two faculties:
- Additional professional education.
Instruction is predominantly Russian, but some groups study in English for the first two years.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St. Petersburg Medical and Social Institute, SPbMSI
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation for foreign students is provided on the territory of the inter-university campus near the Park Pobedy metro station. Corridor-type dormitory with kitchen, toilets and bathrooms on each floor. The student is provided with temporary registration, quadruple accommodation with a payment of 4400 rubles. per month., Bedding.
On the territory of the campus there are:
- Sports complex with swimming pool, gyms.
- Three cafes and seven canteens. A three-course lunch will cost the student 150-180 rubles.
- Two polyclinics.
The dispensary of the University of SPbGLTU on Parkhomenko Avenue with four-bed accommodation for 5900 rubles. per month is equipped for living.
SPbMSI cooperates with the network of hostels "Uyut", where the cost of living will cost 250 rubles. per day. Accommodation conditions:
- Two to six people in a living room
- Possibility to get a temporary registration
- Free Wi-Fi in the rooms
- Common computer room
- Round-the-clock access, security.
Activities St. Petersburg Medical and Social Institute, SPbMSI
The student council of the institution organizes most of the events held in SPbMSI. He also manages several sectors of extracurricular activities:
- Cultural and Mass Department
- Information Sector
- Volunteer teams – participation in events important for society: from donating blood to helping in nursing homes and shelters
- Science clubs – additional study of disciplines
- Sports and recreation sector is the organizer of sections and competitions in team games: volleyball, football, basketball.
- 30% of students are foreigners from Brazil, Egypt, Italy, Latvia, Syria, CIS countries, etc.
- SPbMSI is included in the list of international universities of the World Health Organization
- The only university in Russia where ergo- and physical therapy is taught
- International projects in cooperation with institutions of China, Finland, Portugal, Kosovo
- 81% of teachers have a degree
- The tenth among the universities of the country in terms of active international activity.
Facilities and equipment at St. Petersburg Medical and Social Institute, SPbMSI
The campus is equipped with:
- Building with classrooms for 40-80 students
- Laboratories of Microbiology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Virology, etc.
- Anatomical Museum
- Outdoor stadium, sports center with game halls
- Library – more than 11,000 copies of scientific, medical literature, as well as access to electronic systems
- Medical centers
- Buffet, dining room.
Some laboratories have multimedia simulators for practice. The clinical base of the university consists of medical institutions of St. Petersburg, including dental centers.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education takes place in two semesters from September to May-June. Students have the opportunity to study at full-time, full-time and correspondence departments. Classes are held from Monday to Saturday from 9:00 to 20:05 with breaks for rest.
- Accommodation, meals
- Study supplies, additional educational literature
- Medical care
- Personal expenses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
General requirements for applicants to SPbMSI:
- Completed application form
- Copies of all passport pages
- Certificate of completion of the previous stage of education
- Photo format 3x4
- Medical certificate in the form 086 / u, certificate of vaccinations, medical policy
- Results of the Unified State Exam for applicants to the specialty.
Documents can be submitted on the official website of the institution, when visiting the admissions office or by sending by mail. Acceptance of documents begins in April-May.
Scholarships St. Petersburg Medical and Social Institute, SPbMSI
The institution does not provide scholarships. Some students are given the opportunity to receive discounts on education based on social criteria: from 10 to 75%.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about St. Petersburg Medical and Social Institute, SPbMSI
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.