St. Petersburg High School "Alma Mater"
Description of St. Petersburg High School "Alma Mater"
- Year of foundation: 1991.
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Age of students: from 7 to 18 years.
- Total number of students: 368 people.
- Type of institution: private day school.
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Alma Mater is one of the oldest and most respected private schools in St. Petersburg. Her teachers strive to continuously develop and keep pace with the times, giving their pupils the opportunity to get a full-fledged education with in-depth study of foreign languages. The school is also strong in teaching science subjects. Graduates of "Alma-mater" without difficulties go to the leading Russian universities. The school building is equipped with the equipment of a new generation, and inside the gymnasium a comfortable educational space of a unique style has been created.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St. Petersburg High School "Alma Mater"
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation in the gymnasium is not provided, the mode of operation of the institution: from 9:30 to 18 hours. Two meals a day: breakfast and lunch. The cost of breakfast - 130 p., Lunch - 230 p.
Activities St. Petersburg High School "Alma Mater"
In addition to the basic curriculum, students can choose elective classes in the following areas:
- Computer techologies;
- applied technologies and design;
- artistic groups;
- physical Culture and sport;
- academic education.
- The gymnasium is a licensed member of the EU Euroschool Association and a multiple winner of the “School of the Year” competitions;
- Successful admission of graduates to leading universities of the capital and other cities;
- In-depth study of a foreign language.
Facilities and equipment at St. Petersburg High School "Alma Mater"
- The gym is the pride of Alma Mater: this is a futuristic building in the courtyard, equipped with the most modern equipment;
- The library fund has several thousand copies of fiction, educational, popular science literature, reference books and encyclopedias, periodicals are issued for all academic subjects;
- Laboratory complex for educational, practical and project activities in the office of physics for those who pass OGE;
- In the gymnasium there is a local television network and a radio network, the building is covered by a WI-FI network.
Admission dates and extra charges
Enrollment in the gymnasium is made throughout the school year.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Before submitting the documents, each new student is interviewed in mathematics, Russian and English to identify the level of preparedness and develop an individual educational route, and an interview with a psychologist is also organized; For pupils of grades 1-5, a speech therapist is also consulted.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about St. Petersburg High School "Alma Mater"
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.