St. Petersburg Academy of Arts named after Ilya Repin, SPbAH
Description of St. Petersburg Academy of Arts named after Ilya Repin, SPbAH
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The St. Petersburg Academy of Arts has been faithfully serving Russian culture for centuries. During its existence, the Academy has changed and improved based on the new needs of the time, while maintaining unchanged the methodological system of eduaction and its direct purpose - the education of young artists.
The main activities of the Academy:
- development and implementation of bachelor's, specialist's, master's degree programs, programs for eduaction scientific and pedagogical personnel in postgraduate studies and assistantship-internships;
- organization of students' practice;
- implementation of scientific research, implementation of creative projects and experimental developments;
- organization and holding of socially significant events;
- implementation of methodological activities, development, preparation and distribution of printed materials;
- preservation and replenishment of library funds, archival documents and museum objects, art objects and requisites of the Academy;
- providing structural units of the Academy, employees and students with information and library resources;
- ensuring the activities of the Dissertation Council of the Academy.
Faculties and colleges
- Faculty of Architecture;
- Faculty of Graphics;
- Faculty of Painting;
- Faculty of Sculpture;
- Faculty of Theory and History of Art.
Scientific and technical base of the Academy:
- Laboratory of Physical and Optical Research;
- Laboratory of Microchemical Research;
- Laboratory of Engineering and Technology of Painting.
On the basis of scientific research of the teaching staff of the Academy, publishing activities are actively living. Covering the fields of domestic and foreign art criticism, painting, drawing, restoration and methodological issues of eduaction in art universities, scientific and educational literature is published within the walls of the Academy. This includes the publication of the periodical "Scientific Works of the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts": the scientific journal is included in the List of leading peer-reviewed scientific journals and publications.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St. Petersburg Academy of Arts named after Ilya Repin, SPbAH
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students of the Academy are given the opportunity to live in a hostel designed for 300 seats. Also in the academy there is a dining room and a buffet.
Activities St. Petersburg Academy of Arts named after Ilya Repin, SPbAH
The St. Petersburg Academy of Arts holds an annual exhibition of student works, exhibitions of faculties and departments, anniversary exhibitions, exhibitions-competitions, personal exhibitions. In addition, the Academy takes an active part in International Scientific and Practical Conferences and World Festivals.
Facilities and equipment at St. Petersburg Academy of Arts named after Ilya Repin, SPbAH
- Computer lab;
- Dining room and buffet;
- Medical offices;
- Publishing house;
- Access to wi-fi.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year for full-time and part-time forms of education begins on October 1.
Additional paid educational services:
- Evening drawing classes (from 14 years old);
- Preparatory courses;
- Summer School;
- Lecture Hall of the Faculty of "Theory and History of Art";
- Refresher courses.
Also, the Academy provides the possibility of paid accommodation in the inter-university campus for nonresident applicants for the duration of entrance tests and subsequent eduaction.
Documents required for admission:
- Application for admission and consent to data processing;
- Certificate or diploma;
- Information on the results of the Unified State Exam;
- Military ID (if any);
- Documents on the existence of special rights to admission;
- Agreement on targeted eduaction(if necessary);
- Documents on individual achievements;
- Photo 3x4 (4 pieces);
- Certificate of change of name (if any);
- Power of attorney and passport from the applicant (if the applicant cannot submit documents on his own);
- Creative folder on an electronic medium when submitting documents in person (for faculties: painting, graphics and sculpture).
Deadlines for submission of documents:
- June 20 – the beginning of the reception of documents;
- July 7 – completion of the reception of documents from applicants based on the results of additional entrance tests of creative and professional orientation;
- July 10 – completion of the reception of documents from applicants based on the results of internal tests;
- July 20 is the end of the reception of documents from applicants for the results of the Unified State Exam, the day of completion of internal entrance tests.
More than 1000 full-time students and about 500 part-time students from Russia and foreign countries study at the Academy.
Graduates of the St. Petersburg Art Academy are in demand in many cities of Russia, the university actively receives job offers from various firms and organizations.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission of applicants takes place for bachelor's, specialist's and master's programs. For admission, it is necessary to have a secondary general or vocational or higher education, confirmed by the relevant documents.
Admission to the Academy is based on the results of the Unified State Exam and (or) on the basis of the results of internal tests of the Academy, including additional creative and professional orientation.
Scholarships St. Petersburg Academy of Arts named after Ilya Repin, SPbAH
- state academic scholarship;
- state scholarship for postgraduate students;
- state scholarship for assistants;
- increased state academic scholarship;
- state social scholarship;
- state social scholarship in an increased amount;
- scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation;
- scholarship of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- scholarship of the Government of St. Petersburg;
- personal scholarships of the Academic Council of the Institute;
- scholarships awarded by other legal entities or individuals, including those who sent them to study.
Other forms of material support:
- Allowances and compensations for students who are orphans and children left without parental care;
- One-time material assistance to students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about St. Petersburg Academy of Arts named after Ilya Repin, SPbAH
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.