St. James Catholic Middle School
Description of St. James Catholic Middle School
- Established year: 1906
- Location: False Church, Virginia, USA
- Age of students: 5-16 l.
- Number of students: 465
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: private Catholic school.
For more than 100 years, St. James Catholic Middle School has maintained a high academic level and educated students in the Catholic tradition.
The school is run by Mary's Immaculate Heart Minister Sisters from Pennsylvania.
St James's is located in the heart of False Church City, just minutes from Tyson's Corner, Arlington and other localities.
The educational institution offers students of the 7th and 8th grades courses of early study of algebra and geometry.
Faculties and colleges
The institution includes pre-school and school departments. St. James's Catholic Preschool is the path to elementary school, where educators strive to inspire, lead, and help students to develop their abilities harmoniously.
Things to know about
Readers of Falls Church News-Press called St. James's Catholic School the "Best School in Falls Church" for 2021-2022. Readers called the school the best place to study because of the "amazing atmosphere at the school and the friendly, talented teachers dedicated to their work." St. James won the CommuniKids, the CongressIonal School, The Doolin Cooperative Kindergarten, and grace Christian Academy.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St. James Catholic Middle School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The after-school program provides students with a safe and pleasant environment after the school day. Games, exercise and outdoor activities fill the afternoon. Quiet time to relax and/or do your homework is part of every day. The after-school program is open to all students up to the eighth grade.
Activities St. James Catholic Middle School
Opportunities for additional education vary by class and include:
- Foreign language lessons
- Scout groups
- Battle of the Books
- St. James's Media Club (WSJS)
- Olympiad in science and much more.
All students from kindergarten to 6th grade visit the library at least once a week to learn about books and how to use the resources the library provides. Seventh- and eighth-graders can attend classes on their own, if time allows, during lessons, breaks, before or after school.
St. James Catholic Middle School was awarded the U.S. Department of Education's National Blue Ribbon of Excellence in 1999, 2014, and 2020 in recognition of its academic success, parental involvement, and community support.
St. James's Catholic School is a member of the National Association for Catholic Education. To maintain their status, the faculty and staff of St James's School have completed the VCEA Design for Excellence self-study.
St. James's students excel academically, help the community, support various charities, and are nurtured in evangelical values.
Celebrating one hundred years of service to the community, St. James's School remains a model of education and Catholic principles.
Facilities and equipment at St. James Catholic Middle School
St James's School is a welcoming and safe environment, conveniently located in the heart of False Church City, with easy access to all major roads in the region.
The campus has:
- Modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards
- Computer Lab
- Art and music studios
- Modern library
- Multi-purpose auditorium in which school events are held
- Modern gym.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Registration and tuition fee – $450 per child plus $250 for each subsequent child from the same family
- ChromeBook (6th graders) – $185
- ChromeBook fees (students in grades 7-8) are $175.
The registration fee is a non-refundable fee of $450 (plus $250 for each additional registered child) payable when you submit your application. The application process will not move forward until payment has been received. Payment must be sent by mail or left at the school.
Online registration must be completed after the family has been notified of acceptance.
Registration is open until the classes are completed.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Original birth certificate or passport
- Baptismal certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of registration in a Catholic parish (parish number) when applying for paid tuition in the Catholic Church. Catholic families who have recently arrived at St James's Parish must register with the parish office.
Scholarships St. James Catholic Middle School
Available in Arlington Diocese and Parish.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about St. James Catholic Middle School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.