Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
Description of Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Established: 1916
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Calgary Canada
- Language of instruction: English.
The state higher education institution of Canada Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) was founded in 1916 and is currently one of the best technical universities in the country. SAIT prepares highly qualified specialists by offering programs at eight multidirectional faculties equipped with modern laboratories, which provide practical experience in using real-world equipment to prepare for a career in a selected field.
SAIT is a member of the following associations:
- Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC)
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE)
- Alberta Association of Colleges and Technical Institutes (AACTI)
- Polytechnics Canada, Canadian University Press (CUP).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
Accommodation, meals, prices
The educational institution provides the opportunity to place in one of two modern residences - East Hall and Begin Tower, located on the SAIT campus. The hostel has everything you need for a comfortable stay and education, and security is monitored by 24-hour security.
In addition to the hostel, students have the right to live in a host family with a separate room and board.
- Living in a residence costs $ 3200 CAD-4900 $ CAD / semester.
- Homestay cost = $ 750 CAD / month.
- Students can participate in scholarship programs
- Students have the opportunity to study remotely and participate in international exchange programs
- 95% of SAIT graduates are employed within a year of graduation
- The educational institution has an international center that helps applicants register for the program, get insurance, solve the issue of accommodation, etc.
Facilities and equipment at Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
The campus of the institute is located in Calgary. The material and technical base of SAIT includes a laboratory for research and development of innovative technologies, its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school has a two-semester academic year.
- Deposit (non-refundable) = $ 250 CAD-1750 $ CAD
- Cost of living in Calgary = $ 1042 CAD-1755 $ CAD / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the institute, you must confirm knowledge of the English language (IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 80).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.