South Ural State Agrarian University, SUSAU
Description of South Ural State Agrarian University, SUSAU
- Location: Chelyabinsk, Troitsk, Miasskoye, Russia;
- Age of students: 15+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
SUSAU was established on July 1, 2015 on the basis of three higher educational institutions of the agrarian profile of the Chelyabinsk region: the Institute of Veterinary Medicine (Troitsk), the Institute of Agroengineering (Chelyabinsk) and the Institute of Agroecology (Miasskoye village).
South Ural State Agrarian University trains personnel for the agro-industrial complex, conducts fundamental and applied scientific research in the leading areas of socio-economic development of the Chelyabinsk region, the South Urals and the Russian Federation.
Faculties and colleges
The Institute of Agroengineering includes the following faculties:
- Engineering and technological;
- Technical service in the agro-industrial complex;
- Economics in agriculture;
- Distance education;
- Center for Advanced Training.
The Institute of Veterinary Medicine includes the following faculties:
- Veterinary medicine;
- Distance education;
- Advanced training;
- Troitsk Agrarian College.
The Institute of Agroecology is a branch of the SUSAU. Departments of the faculty:
- Agroecology, agrochemistry and soil science;
- Agriculture, crop production and horticulture;
- Informatics, economics, organization and management of production;
- Agricultural machinery and vocational training;
- System analysis, chemistry and plant protection;
- Technologies of production and processing of agricultural products.
At the departments of SUSAU there is a student scientific society that is engaged in scientific research in different directions. At the moment, there is a catalog that combines a number of scientific developments. The University publishes the scientific journal "Agro-Industrial Complex of Russia".
Programs and prices, tuition fees in South Ural State Agrarian University, SUSAU
Accommodation, meals, prices
The student residence is provided by:
- for the period of study of nonresident students, graduate students, doctoral students enrolled in full-time form;
- for the period of passing exams and performing work on the dissertation of graduate students, doctoral students studying by correspondence;
- entering for the period of entrance examinations.
In each student dormitory there are rooms for self-study, rest rooms, premises for household services and meals (buffet, showers, washrooms, laundry rooms, etc.).
Activities South Ural State Agrarian University, SUSAU
The student community actively participates in city and all-Russian events: forums, competitions, festivals. SuSAU students who became semi-finalists of the All-Russian Contest "The Big Change" took part in the tour of the cities of Russia. Students participate in creative exhibitions and sports festivals and competitions; in the Olympiad "I am a professional", perform on the platform "Russia is a country of opportunities", at the open championship "Agra. Business. Start"; participate and take prizes in the All-Russian Agro-Industrial Competition of Innovations. Young people of the university attend patriotic rallies (the last one was held in Volgograd). The University constantly interacts with schoolchildren, organizes events, open days.
The university has a powerful material base that allows providing students with high-quality education: the university owns 136 real estate objects (including 20 educational buildings and 18 dormitories), 127 units of equipment. The university has a branch and two institutes, 15 academic buildings and 14 student dormitories for 7200 seats, 52 computer classes and several thousand computers, some of which have access to the Internet. The book fund of the university library is more than 1,500,000 copies.
On the territory of the university there is a driving school with a licensed circuit, where drivers of categories B and C are trained.
Admission dates and extra charges
- The educational process at SUSAU is organized according to a 2-semester system within the framework of the course (academic year).
- The academic year begins on September 1 and ends according to the approved curriculum for a particular direction.
Applicants to the university under the programs of higher education must have completed secondary general education (11 classes), secondary vocational or higher education and the results of entrance tests, as which the results of the Unified State Exam are recognized.
Minimum number of points:
- Mathematics of the profile level — 27;
- Russian language — 36;
- History, 32;
- Social Studies, 42;
- Foreign language — 22;
- Biology, 36;
- Physics — 36;
- Chemistry — 36;
- Informatics and ICT, 40;
- Literature — 32.
More than 5,000 people study in higher education programs.
A Career Center has been established at SUSAU, whose work is aimed at:
- interaction with graduates;
- assistance to graduates in solving employment issues;
- promoting the employment of graduates with disabilities;
- interaction with the Employment Centers of the Chelyabinsk Region;
- interaction with leading organizations of the agro-industrial complex of the Chelyabinsk region and other regions of Russia.
Graduates of the university can participate in programs with state support:
- Activities of national projects;
- Projects for the integrated development of rural areas (rural agglomerations);
- Grants for the improvement of rural areas.
Graduates are provided with a wide range of vacancies from employers in different areas.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Documents for admission:
- Application for admission submitted by the applicant;
- Identity document(s), citizenship;
- Document on the formation of the established sample;
- Other documents (at the discretion of the applicant).
Documents for enrollment in state-funded places:
- Application for consent to enrollment under the ACT program;
- Application for enrollment under the HE program;
- Original document of the established form on education.
Documents for enrollment in paid places:
- Application of consent to enrollment;
- The original of the document on the formation of the established sample or its copy;
- Contract for paid educational services.
Scholarships South Ural State Agrarian University, SUSAU
Students who study for free can receive a scholarship, the amount of which is affected by academic performance.
Types of scholarships:
- state academic;
- state social;
- state scholarships for postgraduate and doctoral students;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation, the Government of the Russian Federation;
- personal scholarships and assigned by legal entities that sent for training;
- increased state academic scholarship to students who have achievements in educational, research, social, cultural, creative and sports activities;
- provision of one-time and (or) monthly material assistance to needy students, graduate students and doctoral students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about South Ural State Agrarian University, SUSAU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.