Smolensk State Agricultural Academy, SSAA
Description of Smolensk State Agricultural Academy, SSAA
- Location: Smolensk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Smolensk State Agricultural Academy is one of the largest educational and scientific centers of the agro-industrial complex. Within the walls of the university, personnel capable of working in high-tech agriculture are being educated.
The implementation of the educational program in the Smolensk State Agricultural Academy provides for the following forms: lectures, practical and seminar classes, extracurricular work.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the Smolensk State Agricultural Academy includes 4 faculties:
- advanced education of personnel;
- engineering and technological;
- technologies of animal husbandry and veterinary medicine.
Smolensk State Agricultural Academy pays great attention to the research potential of its students and teachers. The Academy has formed a developed scientific, educational and innovative infrastructure, classes for practical classes and laboratories of the university are equipped with modern equipment, instruments and equipment for the use of modern technologies in the organization of the educational process and advanced scientific research.
On the basis of the Smolensk State Agricultural Academy there are:
- Potato Growing Laboratory;
- Research laboratory;
- Laboratory of Flax Growing.
Every year, students and teachers of the university submit applications for patents of their research works and inventions.
Things to know about
Smolensk State Agricultural Academy is included in the ranking of the 100 best universities in Russia.
Smolensk State Agricultural Academy has concluded cooperation agreements with Abai Myrzakhmetov Kokshetau University (Republic of Kazakhstan) and Belarusian State Agrarian Technical University (Republic of Belarus).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Smolensk State Agricultural Academy, SSAA
Accommodation, meals, prices
Nonresident and foreign students, persons with disabilities have the opportunity to live in one of the 3 dormitories of the Smolensk State Agricultural Academy. Dormitories are designed for 800 people. All dormitories are equipped for comfortable living: a security point, a fire protection system, a pass system and a video surveillance system.
Students' meals are provided independently, in public kitchens. In addition, at one of the dormitories there is a canteen, and in the educational buildings there are buffets and cafes.
The cost of living in a student hostel is from 880 to 1090 rubles per month (accommodation depends on the type of hostel).
Activities Smolensk State Agricultural Academy, SSAA
Particular attention in the Smolensk State Agricultural Academy is paid to educational work and socialization of students, cultural, mass, sports and scientific events are held annually.
Student groups and associations:
- Vocal studio;
- Theatre Studio;
- Creative Association (KVN);
- Dance studio;
- Volunteer corps "Let's help together";
- Various sports sections.
Facilities and equipment at Smolensk State Agricultural Academy, SSAA
The educational process in the Smolensk State Agricultural Academy is carried out in 3 educational buildings, each equipped with lecture halls and classes for practical classes. The buildings are located within walking distance from each other, all the buildings of the Academy are located in the Leninsky and Industrial districts of the city.
Lecture halls are equipped with all the necessary equipment, including a computer and a projector. Classrooms for workshops are equipped with information stands, sets of demonstration equipment and technical means of education. In addition, the following has been prepared for conducting education and extracurricular activities:
- 2 gyms;
- Outdoor volleyball court;
- Outdoor football ground.
Admission dates and extra charges
September 1 is the beginning of the school year, the end depends on the schedule of the educational process. One education course consists of two semesters and two intermediate examination sessions.
Holidays during one academic year are on average 8 weeks in duration, excluding holidays.
Acceptance of documents for full-time education in the Smolensk State Agricultural Academy begins on June 20 of this year. At the same time, an applicant can apply for 5 areas of study. Deadlines for accepting documents for state-funded places:
- Until July 25 - for persons entering on the basis of the results of entrance examinations conducted by the Smolensk State Agricultural Academy independently;
- Until July 28 - for persons entering the unified state exam.
The deadline for accepting documents for paid places is August 25.
You can submit documents in three ways:
- personally to the admissions office;
- by mail;
- in electronic form (for example, through the portal "Public Services").
List of documents:
- identity document, citizenship (passport);
- a document on education (certificate or diploma);
- 6 photos (3x4 );
- a medical certificate containing information on the conduct of a medical examination;
- documents confirming the special rights and advantages of the applicant, individual achievements, other documents.
Today, more than 1500 students study at the Smolensk State Agricultural Academy. Every year, about 200 places are allocated for the education of persons at the expense of the budget.
The most popular directions:
- Technology of production and processing of agricultural products;
On the basis of the Smolensk State Agricultural Academy, the Career Center operates: its main task is to help students find a place of practice, to help graduates of the university find employment. Together with partner enterprises, the management of the Smolensk State Agricultural Academy opened modern classrooms for practical classes, where new samples of agricultural machinery were installed.
Partners of the Academy:
- Invacorp AGRO LLC;
- CJSC JV "Bryanskselmash";
- JSC "Smolenskoye for Breeding Work";
- SEC "Talashkino – Agro";
- CJSC "Agrofirma-Katyn", etc.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests.
Scholarships Smolensk State Agricultural Academy, SSAA
- State Academic;
- State social;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Smolensk State Agricultural Academy, SSAA
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.