Siberian Law University, SibSUU
Description of Siberian Law University, SibSUU
- Location: Omsk, Russia;
- Age of students: 17+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The University was established on February 24, 1998 by the Foundation for Social and Legal Protection of Graduates of the Omsk Higher School of Militia. Today, the functions and powers of the founder of the university are carried outby the limited liability company "YUS-Group".
The educational process of the university is regulated by local regulations developed in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation in the field of education, and the Charter of SibSUU.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process at the university is carried out by 4 departments:
- civil law;
- constitutional and administrative law;
- pedagogy and psychology;
- criminal law and procedure.
The university successfully operates scientific schools in the following areas:
- Actual problems of Russian private law;
- Criminal law measures to protect the rights and freedoms of the individual;
- Actual problems of administrative law and administrative process;
- Problems of optimization of criminal pre-trial proceedings;
- Modern problems of the system of Russian law;
- Problems of protection of constitutional human rights and freedoms in modern Russia.
The main directions of research activities:
- Civil law, civil procedure:
- the legal regime of real estate;
- problems of civil liability;
- problems of certain types of invalid transactions.
- Criminal law:
- criminal law measures to counter economic crime;
- violent crimes;
- the current state of the criminal law policy of combating crimes against the family and minors.
- Administrative law:
- actual problems of administrative liability;
- administrative procedural law;
- administrative proceedings;
- modern problems of administrative jurisdiction;
- actual problems of ensuring public order and public security;
- problems of theory and practice of control and supervisory activities in the field of public relations.
- Criminal procedure:
- problems of equality of the parties in pre-trial proceedings in criminal cases;
- problems of correlation between pre-trial and judicial proceedings in criminal cases;
- forensic support of criminal pre-trial proceedings.
- Theory and history of law and state; History of Doctrines of Law and the State:
- integration of legal systems;
- features of complex branches in the structure of Russian law;
- the relationship between domestic and international law;
- the system of sources of Russian law.
- Constitutional law; constitutional litigation; Municipal law:
- legal positions of the European Court of Human Rights;
- legal positions of the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation on the content and implementation of constitutional human and civil rights and freedoms;
- the grounds and limits of restriction of human and civil rights and freedoms in the Russian Federation;
- the system of legal guarantees for the exercise and protection of human and civil rights and freedoms in the Russian Federation;
- current state and actual problems of local self-government in Russia.
The priority direction of research activities is the development of the creative potential of students, the use of the results of scientific research in their studies. One of the effective means of improving the quality of training of highly qualified lawyers who are able to creatively apply in practice the latest achievements of legal science and solve urgent problems facing law enforcement agencies of the state is the organization of research work of students.
Things to know about
Educational programs are implemented by more than a hundred teachers, including about 20 doctors of science, more than 60 candidates of science.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Siberian Law University, SibSUU
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university does not have its own dormitories for nonresident students.
Meals for students are organized in the canteen for 100 seats, located in the educational building.
Activities Siberian Law University, SibSUU
SibSUU students have ample opportunities for personal development and self-expression. You can try your hand at journalism: the university has a newspaper "Korolenko, 12" and student television. A musical group is organized.
Students are engaged in basketball, athletic gymnastics, fitness. Everyone can attend the SAMBO section, which is headed by the Honored Worker of Physical Culture of Russia Yu.B. Muravyev.
Both students and employees of the university actively participate in the spring holiday - Mayovka, the holding of which has become a good tradition. Dedication to students is always an unusual, exciting show, and the beauty and intelligence contest "Miss SibYUU" (formerly "Miss OmUI" and "Miss OmYA") is one of the most beloved at the university and truly grandiose holidays held annually in the city.
Facilities and equipment at Siberian Law University, SibSUU
In the educational process, 23 classrooms, 2 classrooms for independent work of students, 3 computer classes with access to the Internet, a courtroom, a forensic training ground "Living Room", a forensic and scientific-expert laboratory, a language laboratory are used. 20 classrooms are equipped with a set of demonstration equipment in the form of a projector, a wall screen and a laptop or a personal computer.
Classrooms for self-preparation of students are equipped with computer equipment (a total of 17 laptops) with an Internet connection. Inthis case, 52 computers with Internet access are installed in computer classes.
For sports at the university there is a sports hall with an area of 500 sq.m.
A separate medical center has been allocated for primary medical care at the university.
The university library is represented by a subscription and a reading room for 60 seats.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into 2 semesters, in the middle of each there is an intermediate result of the current control of academic performance.
Additional expenses of SibSUU students include a fee for accommodation (for non-residents), meals, leisure.
When applying for admission to the first year, the applicant submits:
- identity document, citizenship (copy with the submission of the original);
- SNILS (copy with the presentation of the original);
- a document on education (certificate, diploma, copy with the subsequent provision of the original during the first year of study);
- a document confirming the change of surname, name, patronymic (if necessary, a copy with the presentation of the original);
- 2 photos 3x4 ;
- certificate of recognition of foreign education (if necessary);
- documents confirming the individual achievements of the applicant, the results of which are taken into account when enrolling in training in accordance with the admission rules.
The documents required for admission are sent in one of the following ways:
- in electronic form through the electronic information system of the university;
- to the university in person;
Documents in a foreign language must be translated into Russian.
In 2022, 1751 applications were submitted for admission to the university with a planned indicator of 2685, of which 993 applications were submitted for full-time education (with a planned indicator of 778)."
Places of employment of SibSUU graduates are:
- bodies of state power and local self-government;
- the Public Prosecutor's Office;
- other law enforcement and law enforcement agencies;
- business sphere.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To master educational programs are allowed persons who have education of the appropriate level, confirmed by:
- a document on secondary general education or on secondary vocational education and on qualifications, or on higher education and on qualifications - for bachelor's and specialist's programs;
- a document on higher education and on qualifications - for master's programs.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Mathematics – 27;
- Russian language – 36;
- Social Studies – 42;
- History – 32.
Scholarships Siberian Law University, SibSUU
- scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation;
- state academic scholarship;
- state social scholarship;
- personal scholarships established by state authorities, local self-government bodies, legal entities and individuals.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Siberian Law University, SibSUU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.