Siberian Institute of Business and Information Technologies, SIBIT
Description of Siberian Institute of Business and Information Technologies, SIBIT
- Location: Omsk, Russia;
- Age of students: 16+;
- Type: mixed, distance;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Siberian Institute of Business and Information Technologies is the largest non-state university in Omsk and one of the leading non-state universities in Siberia.
The schedule of classes for each group of students is formed on the basis of the form of training, direction and course. The implementation of educational programs in SIBIT provides for forms of study, such as lectures, practical and seminar classes, extracurricular activities (excursions, practices).
On average, one study pair lasts 2 academic hours (1.5 hours), between classes there are breaks from 5 to 15 minutes.
Faculties and colleges
On the basis of SIBIT there are:
- Faculty of Full-Time Education;
- Department of Distance Education;
- Center for Additional Education;
- Legal Clinic.
In addition, the college - the Siberian Regional Business School - conducts its activities.
Since 2011, the Institute has been publishing a periodical journal "Bulletin of the Siberian Institute of Business and Information Technologies".
On the basis of SIBIT, with the participation of the Omsk Humanitarian Academy, the All-Russian Scientific and Practical Conference "National Trends in Modern Education" is held annually.
Since 2018, the International Scientific and Practical Conference "Socio-Economic and Legal Systems of the Countries of Eurasian Economic Integration" has been held annually on the basis of SIBIT.
Things to know about
In 2019, the Institute concluded 3 international treaties at once:
- Memorandum on mutual cooperation with Kokshetau University named after Abai Myrzakhmetov (Republic of Kazakhstan, Kokshetau);
- Agreement on cooperation with the Institution "University of Turana-Astana" (Republic of Kazakhstan, Astana);
- Agreement on scientific cooperation with the Institution "University of Turana-Astana" (Republic of Kazakhstan, Astana).
In 2011, SIBIT entered the rating of "100 best universities in Siberia". In 2013, the Institute was awarded the "European Grand Prix for Quality" and nominated for the competition "100 Best Universities of Russia".
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Siberian Institute of Business and Information Technologies, SIBIT
Accommodation, meals, prices
SIBIT actively promotes the provision of accommodation for nonresident students, actively and regularly updates the living conditions in dormitories.
Students' meals are provided in the Institute's own canteen.
Activities Siberian Institute of Business and Information Technologies, SIBIT
SIBIT students receive not only knowledge taking into account innovative approaches, but also a lot of positive emotions. Every year, dedications are held for first-year students in various thematic settings, where senior students can also take part, sports events: competitions among courses and inter-university, concerts dedicated to public holidays, talent competitions and marathons.
Facilities and equipment at Siberian Institute of Business and Information Technologies, SIBIT
SIBIT is located in a closed and protected area. In the main building of the Institute there are: classrooms, a sports hall, a library, a computer class, a dining room and a medical center. All classrooms are equipped with computers, a multimedia system for designing video and photo materials, information stands.
On the territory of the university there is a parking lot for personal transport and an outdoor sports ground.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn (September-December) and spring (January-June). At the end of each semester, an examination session is held. For students of the university there are winter (January) and summer (June-August) holidays.
- Household expenses;
- Medical care;
- Transportation costs.
In SIBIT, the opening of the admission committee is carried out in early April and lasts until the 20th of August. The schedule of entrance examinations for applicants entering on the basis of secondary special education is posted on the official website of the university or provided on paper at the time of submission of documents for the competition.
Each candidate for a place must provide:
- Document on education;
- Identity document;
- Medical certificate;
- Documents confirming the presence of individual achievements;
- Application for admission to the university;
- Consent to data processing;
For nonresident students, it is possible to submit documents remotely through the portal "Public Services".
The most popular areas of bachelor's degree among SIBIT students are:
- Jurisprudence – 122 students;
- Economics – 76 students;
- Management – 56 students.
On the basis of SIBIT, the Center for Promoting the Employment of Graduates operates: its main task is to promote the employment of students during the period of study and employment of graduates, their social adaptation in the labor market.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Completed education: secondary specialized or secondary general;
- Active life position;
- Successful completion of an interview, entrance tests or the Unified State Exam (including for citizens of foreign countries);
- High-level business qualities.
A good bonus will be the availability of documents confirming personal achievements in sports, science, etc.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Siberian Institute of Business and Information Technologies, SIBIT
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.