Description of Shrewsbury School
- Founded: 1552
- Location: Shrewsbury, UK
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: about 700.
Shrewsbury School is a boarding school, one of the oldest and best in the country. The school leadership creates all conditions for an effective and high-quality education, and also provides comprehensive support to each student. The emphasis is also on discipline, which is important for future students at prestigious universities.
Education is provided to local and foreign students aged 13 to 18 years, the main disciplines are:
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Geography, Philosophy, Business
- Foreign languages
- Modern technology and design
- Mathematics and Computer Technology
- History, art.
There are many famous personalities among the graduates of the school, including Charles Darwin. The educational institution offers exchange programs with several prestigious schools in other countries. After graduation, building a career in large companies or creating a profitable business can be quick and easy - the attention of employers from different fields is high for Shrewsbury School graduates.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Shrewsbury School
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school provides residences for all students: 11 buildings with all amenities, including recreation areas, bedrooms, showers and so on. High school students have single rooms, junior students live 2-3 people in a room. Residences are provided with round-the-clock security and video surveillance, which ensures safety for each child. Pupils are provided with tasty and healthy nutrition.
Activities Shrewsbury School
Pupils regularly play sports, participate in competitions. They also organize thematic performances and other creative events. On weekends, tours are offered introducing the history, culture and customs of Great Britain - the tours are accompanied by adults.
Facilities and equipment at Shrewsbury School
Shrewsbury School has a large beautiful territory on which, in addition to residential residences and educational buildings, there are:
- School of Music
- Tennis and squash courts
- Cricket Center
- Indoor gym with pool
- Artificial sports fields
- Medical Center
- Computer class with internet access
- Rowing equipment
All equipment is modern and reliable.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education at Shrewsbury School is divided into trimesters, there are holidays. Additional costs associated with the purchase of airline tickets, registration fees and the execution of some documents.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
It is necessary to pass an exam in mathematics, confirm the knowledge of English at the proper level, provide documents for the last 3 years of education with a statement of grades.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Shrewsbury School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.