Sherfield Private School
Description of Sherfield Private School
- Founded: 2004 year
- Location: Sheafield-on-Loddon, Hampshire, England
- Type of institution: private boarding school
- Type of education: mixed
- Age of pupils: up to 18 years
- Total number of students: about 500
- Language of instruction: English.
Sherfield School is a year-round boarding school that offers quality and modern education for boys and girls from 8 to 18 years old. The diversity of students – national, demographic, social – helps children to develop tolerant, to cultivate respect for each other, which is especially valuable in the modern world.
A warm family atmosphere, constant supervision of children helps them feel comfortable, quickly adapt to new conditions, develop self-confidence.
From kindergarten to Sixth Form, children develop harmoniously, persistently, purposefully in order to further enter the best universities of the first choice and build their lives the way they like. The combination of strong academic education and a large number of additional opportunities - sports, creative, intellectual - helps children to become versatile individuals, confident in their abilities and knowing their strengths.
The school is part of the Global Education Management Systems organization, which unites more than 70 institutions in 10 countries.
Sherfield School is not one of the confessional, there are accepted general Christian traditions, but children of any religion can study.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Sherfield Private School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Children in grades 4-13 (from 8 years old) can stay on a full-board basis. A modern building of the residence has been prepared for them, where a multicultural atmosphere reigns: children from Brazil, Mexico, Italy, Iran, maldives and other countries live here.
The new Archer's Lodge offers 60 comfortable en-suite rooms:
- WiFi access
- Work area
- Bedside tables and chests of drawers
On the floors there are cozy living rooms, dining rooms and kitchens, there is access to video equipment, digital TV, board games and books. The terrace is open in warm weather.
Children from 5th grade and older can live here, boys and girls are accommodated in different sides of the building. Mentors and educators permanently live in the houses, the main "owner" of the house is responsible for the well-being and safety of children.
Activities Sherfield Private School
Great attention is paid to the extracurricular, non-academic development of children: it is believed that only harmonious, comprehensive education will help to bring up truly happy members of society. The possibilities are really huge:
- figure skating
- mountain biking
Sections of Creativity and Science
- Aviation Club
- Theatre and drama
- Mathematicians Club
- Victorian Community
- Debate and oratory
- Language clubs: Spanish, French
- Cinema Club
- Media Club
- Music: playing various instruments, choir, rock band
- Computer Club
- Scientific and technological communities
- "Roman Community" and much more.
There are special programs for gifted children: in-depth classes in dance, theater, music, professional training for athletes, a piloting club.
Famous speakers, lecturers, entrepreneurs and artists, business, scientists are often invited.
Graduates of Sherfield School enter the best universities and sixth form colleges in UK and the world:
- University of Oxford
- Queen Mary University of London
- Imperial College London
- King's College London
- Universities in Exeter, Reading, Newcastle, Bath, Bristol, Sheffield, Nottingham, Liverpool, Manchester
- Monash University
- Universities in Australia, Finland, USA and other countries.
In 2021, at the A-level exams, 56% of graduates received A* grades, 98% passed the exams for points from A* to B. This allowed Sherfield School to enter the 1% of the most academically successful private schools in UK over the past few years.
For the GCSE exams in 2021, impressive results have also been achieved:
- 60% received A points*
- 72% passed the A*-A exams
- 100% received passing marks from A* to C.
On the SchoolGuide.co.uk portal, Sherfield School has a rating of 5 out of 5 (100% satisfied students and parents), and the independent ISI inspection in 2017 gave an Excellent rating on most criteria.
Facilities and equipment at Sherfield Private School
Sherfield School occupies 76 acres of beautiful parkland in the south of the country. You can get to the international airports of Gatwick and Heathrow, you can get to London in about an hour and a half (a distance of about 80 km).
The main building is a majestic, ancient Victorian-style manor house with beautiful details: fireplaces, stairs, stucco work on the ceiling. All this has been preserved almost from the Middle Ages! However, the technical capabilities and infrastructure fully meet the requirements of the XXI century for the education of children:
- New bright audiences
- Computer labs
- Music studios
- Recording Studio
- Sports fields, playgrounds, rooms: gym, tennis courts, etc. Students have access to Sherfield Oaks golf courses
- Own theatre
- Theatre Workshop
- Arts Center.
Admission dates and extra charges
In primary classes, children study from 8:25 to 15:15 (there is an extension until 16:15), middle and high schools - until 16:15, additional classes can last until 17:45.
The price does not include and is paid separately:
- Registration fee = 150£
- Deposit (seat confirmation, refundable) = 2500£
- Some additional activities (e.g. music).
Transfer to the school (bus routes to Fleet, Camberley, Mortimer, Shinfield, Basingstoke):
- Zone 1 (up to 5 miles) = £430/term
- Zone 2 (up to 10.9 miles) = £480/term
- Zone 3 (over 11 miles) = £540/term.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Admission to the school begins with the submission of an application and an excursion (in person or online), a conversation with the director or a member of the admissions committee. Applications can be submitted throughout the year.
- Then the registration form is filled out and the fee (100-150 £) is paid - a receipt for its payment will be needed to apply for a student visa.
- Often, after receiving the registration form, the school invites the child to a test day to try himself in the role of a full-fledged student (if there is an opportunity to come).
- After that, the school makes an invitation, parents / guardians fill out all the documents for admission, a deposit (2500£) is paid.
Specific requirements (exams, passing scores) will be clarified for you by the admission committee. The basic package of documents for foreign applicants includes:
- Registration form and payment receipt
- Copies of report cards from previous educational institutions
- Passport-size photograph, passport (if any)
- Medical certificate.
Scholarships Sherfield Private School
The school annually issues scholarships, encouraging talented children - there are academic, creative, performing and sports payments. An application for a scholarship is usually submitted along with the registration form.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Sherfield Private School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.