School "Pokrovsky quarter"
Description of School "Pokrovsky quarter"
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Students age: from 1.5 to 18 years old
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time and part-time
- Stages of education: preschool, primary, basic and secondary
- Adaptive programs for children with disabilities.
This educational institution was created in 2017 through the merger of several comprehensive schools. At the moment, the "Pokrovsky Quarter" has more than 20 buildings in different districts of Moscow. The school cooperates with such universities as the Higher School of Economics and the Moscow State University of Education and Science.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in School "Pokrovsky quarter"
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school has a system of city service "Moskvenok" - a single card for admission to school and meals in the canteen. The card allows students to make non-cash purchases in the school cafeteria, and parents - to replenish their account.
Discount food conditions:
- One free meal (breakfast) is available for all students 1 - 4 classes at the expense of Moscow budget;
- Two hot meals a day at the expense of the budget of the city of Moscow are provided to students belonging to the preferential categories:
- Children from large families
- Children in care
- Children of disabled parents (1 or 2 groups)
- Disabled children
- Orphans and children left without parental / legal guardianship
- Children from low-income families.
To receive benefits from parents / legal representatives, you will need a completed application and certificates confirming that you belong to the privileged category.
Activities School "Pokrovsky quarter"
Additional education at school - circles and sections - are implemented in six directions:
- Technical direction - circles of modeling, solving mathematical problems, prototyping technical objects
- Artistic direction - lessons in playing musical instruments, teaching dance, drawing and handicrafts
- Socio-pedagogical direction - the study of languages (Russian, English and French), the basics of management and social studies
- Natural science direction - the study of ecology, mathematics, the development of logic
- Physical culture and sports direction - sections of chess, general physical development, table tennis, rhythmic gymnastics, football, volleyball, basketball, taekwondo, karate, swimming, shooting, badminton, dancing
- Tourism and local history direction - the basis of tourism.
After school hours, students of the school participate in:
- Subject Olympiads and competitions
- Design and research subject activities
- Teaching at lectures at partner universities
- Projects of cadet, engineering and mathematics classes
- Delivery of the TRP
- Learning foreign languages in the linguistic club
- Sports competitions of the school of the Olympic reserve.
- Additional education in the form of circles and sections
- Participation of students in olympiads and competitions
- Cooperation with universities
- Medical, cadet and engineering classes
- School sports club.
Facilities and equipment at School "Pokrovsky quarter"
All school buildings have equipped teaching and laboratory facilities for practical work - a total of 12 classrooms for practical classes in physics and chemistry + 12 laboratory rooms for storing reagents, teaching aids and materials on natural science subjects. Classrooms use stationary PCs, interactive whiteboards and projectors.
Each building is equipped with a gym with the necessary equipment, in preschool buildings - swimming pools and gyms. The territories are equipped with outdoor sports grounds.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year at the Pokrovsky Kvartal school begins on September 1 and is divided into terms in grades 1–9, and in semesters in grades 10–11. School holidays are from:
- October 5 to October 18 (14 days)
- November 14 to November 22 (9 days)
- December 31 to January 10 (11 days)
- February 20 to February 28 (9 days)
- April 3 to April 11 (9 days).
In each building of the school, lessons start differently: from 8:30 to 9:30. The maximum number of lessons per day is from 6 to 8.
Working hours of preschool groups are from 7:00 to 19:00 (except for groups of the GKP).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll inthe "Pokrovsky Quarter" you will need to provide:
- Consent to the processing of personal data is filled in by both parents / legal representatives
- Original certificate (for 10 grades)
- Copy of passport (upon reaching the age of 14)
- Copy of birth certificate
- A copy or certificate confirming registration at the place of residence
- Personal file of the student, issued by the educational organization in which he studied earlier
- A copy of diplomas, certificates confirming participation in intellectual competitions of the regional, all-Russian, international level (if any)
- Documents confirming the right to social benefits (if any).
- Copy of SNILS
- A copy of the medical policy
- Screenshot of test results at the HSE Lyceum (if available; for applicants to the classes of the HSE Distributed Lyceum)
- Extract of the OGE results (for students of grade 10 from other schools in Moscow)
Admission to specialized classes occurs after the test of the future student.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about School "Pokrovsky quarter"
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.