School "Moomin Troll"
Description of School "Moomin Troll"
- Established: in 1991
- Location (grades 1-6): Moscow (there is a branch in Khimki), Russia
- Age of students: 7-17 years
- Total students: 74
- Type of education: mixed
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Moomin-Troll School is one of the first private schools in Moscow, whose history began in 1988. Today, the school is a highly qualified, prestigious educational institution, where the learning process is based on respect for the interests, characteristics, desires of the student. Special attention is paid to the development of independent thinking of students. The skillful combination of traditional teaching methods with the achievements of the educational practices of private schools in the world makes it possible to take into account the goals and needs of each student and make the process of adaptation to the school interesting and exciting for students.
The main task of the school is to create a friendly atmosphere, where each student has his own unique place. In Moomin Troll, students and adolescents are not afraid to make mistakes, but they learn to evaluate their consequences, solve problems, and take responsibility for their actions.
"Moomin Troll" is divided into two large parts - the younger and the oldest.
- In elementary school, studetns study from the 1st to the 6th grade: learn to build relationships with classmates, teachers, get their first marks and ideas about the world.
- High school is a whole world in which students live from 7th to 11th grade and study basic subjects, master the skills of independent study of disciplines, information retrieval, and solving tasks in view. Particular attention is paid to the possibility of high school students to obtain specialized education, becoming a step towards entering a prestigious university or college.
The academic program of the school is built in accordance with the requirements of state standards. Teachers "Moomin-Troll" build their learning in such a way that by grade 11 students have a holistic world view.
Standard Students Day is held according to the following schedule:
- Beginning of lessons: 8.50
- Breakfast: 10.30-10.50
- The second breakfast: 11.35-11.55
- Lunch: 14.30-14.50
- Lunch: 15.35-15.55
- Consultation with the teacher: from 16.00
- Departure (depending on the schedule): 16.00 / 17.00.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in School "Moomin Troll"
Activities School "Moomin Troll"
"Moomin-Troll" pays considerable attention to the extracurricular activities of their wards. Today the school is a federal innovation platform in the direction of "Network projects of professional development as a factor in the formation of student's creative potential and the disclosure of student'stalent".
Numerous events are held annually for students:
- School birthday;
- "Moomin Troll Country" - a game in which the school turns into a magical country. Every year, students and adolescents solve a variety of problems and work through different situations. For two days, students "live" for two years, doing what they love and trying their hand at new areas. The last time the citizens of "Moomin Trolls" were able to stay in the role of the Wise Trolls (government, lawmakers), Figures (entrepreneurs), Thinkers (philosophers), Free Artists (creative people). For two days, the Moomin faced problems, decided them and were able to earn money - “Mumics”, which at the end of the game the students were able to exchange for bonuses;
- Student's day;
- ProstoFIL is a festival of intellectual curiosity, which lasts 2 weeks. During this time, there are a lot of events in the life of students: a day of self-government, open lessons, which anyone can attend, a gala concert, a visit to the theater, a sightseeing trip, a round table, a lecture Friday, etc .;
- Game “What? Where? When? ”, Which is part of the ProgressFIL festival;
- Alumni meeting;
- Day of European Languages;
- Scottish Games;
- Artistic word contest;
- Theatrical performances;
- School photo exhibitions, the tradition of which originated in 2015;
- Cinema Club;
- KVN and others
Students take an active part in social life, in various charity events. Since the beginning of the creation of "Moomin-Troll" school pays considerable attention to volunteering. For all the time the students worked, they helped a variety of organizations - the Pechora orphanage, the Vdohnovenie student's rehabilitation center, the Coast of Hope center, etc.
In extracurricular activities, events devoted to the scientific training of students occupy a special place. For young scientists, there is an Olympiad in mathematics, logic, and linguistics, where it is necessary to demonstrate the knowledge of the school curriculum, the ability to reason logically, to find a non-standard solution. For students undergo a variety of practices - historical, natural science, biological.
An important stage of education remains trips around Russia and abroad, excursions. A Novgorodian archaeological expedition is being conducted for the students: during the trip, students can feel like real archaeologists, take part in actual excavations. During the course of the study, students found 4 valuable finds - ancient birch bark letters.
The popular science lecture hall is a popular place for Moomin people: there are numerous lectures on various topics (economic, natural science, humanitarian), meetings with famous writers, poets, veterans, scientists, artists, graduates of the school.
High school students can attend lectures on general psychology and personality psychology, in which adolescents will have the opportunity to speculate about what character means, its features, methods of change, learn how to easily remember a large amount of information, how to worry less about exams, tests, competitions.
"Moomin-Troll" - a real planet of knowledge, where everyone can find something for everyone!
- Small class size (up to 12-16 people), allowing you to pay enough attention to each student.
- The individual curriculum of high school students, giving the opportunity to take into account the interests and goals of graduates in their preparation for entering colleges, institutes, universities, for exams.
- The high level of teaching in all subjects, which allows students to consciously approach the choice of profile in high school, change it if necessary. In grades 10-11, this is achieved due to the harmonious combination of specialized disciplines with mandatory ones.
- Numerous extracurricular activities: creative, sports, academic sections, electives, lectures, course projects, round tables, meetings with experts from various fields, etc.
- Amazing friendly atmosphere, built on mutual respect and trust.
- Developed excursion program, including trips to museums, theaters, art galleries, group trips inside the country, abroad.
- Modern equipment, comfortable classrooms, highly qualified teachers.
- Academic programs suitable for students with health characteristics.
- Psychological service, which has become one of the important mechanism of the school. It interacts with students, parents, teachers, which allows them to make the lessons interesting, to help students in time to cope with the psychological load, to assist in establishing contact between parents and students.
- Vocational guidance of high school students.
- The participation of students in competitions, when their efforts are connected by teachers and students. Pupils "Moomin-Troll" won prizes in All-Russian Olympiads in biology, English.
- High results of graduates entering prestigious universities in Russia, abroad - Moscow State University, MIREA, Higher School of Economics, Saint Louis University (Missouri), Stroganov Academy, Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation, Bauman University, become participants in international educational programs.
Facilities and equipment at School "Moomin Troll"
School facilities include:
- Bright classrooms
- Sports facilities
- Technical tools (interactive boards, computers, projectors, laptops, etc.)
- Sports facilities (gymnasium and outdoor playground).
There is a library for students where you can find educational and fiction literature. Pupils can contact the medical office if necessary. Every year, all students undergo compulsory screening.
For junior students, the Winter Garden is open, where some classes take place, circles - drawing, music, biology.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition for the year
For students living in the city of Moscow
For students not registered in Moscow
With a gradual payment
With full payment before 01.07
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the Moomin Troll, applicants must complete 4 simple steps:
- Fill out an application
- Have an interview with teachers (Russian, English, mathematics) and a psychologist
- With a positive result of the interview, the parents meet with the director to conclude an agreement on training.
For admission, you must submit the following documents:
- Application for admission
- Personal business (when transferring from another school)
- Certificate of birth / passport for students over 14
- Medical record
- Signed consent to the processing of personal data
- Contract for training (concluded at a meeting with the director).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about School "Moomin Troll"
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.