School number 171 Moscow
Description of School number 171 Moscow
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Students age: from 2 to 18 years old
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time
- Adapted programs
- Stages of education: preschool, primary, basic and secondary.
In 2013, a reorganization took place, during which four schools and eight kindergartens were merged. Currently School No. 171 is ranked among the 400 best schools in Moscow in terms of educational performance.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in School number 171 Moscow
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school organizes paid, preferential and free meals in the form of subscriptions and one-time meals. Primary school students eat free of charge, and some categories of children whose parents have submitted an application and relevant documents are given preferential treatment. A student can pay for meals and products of the buffet in cash or with a Moskvenok card of the Pass and Meals system.
Drinking water coolers are installed in each classroom.
Activities School number 171 Moscow
Additional education at school No. 171 is presented in the form of circles and sections:
- Technical focus:
- Computer and information technology
- Programming, robotics
- Engineering graphics, technical design
- Technical devices and mechanisms
- Fundamentals of the Ministry of Emergency Situations (fire and rescue affairs).
- Physical culture and sports sections:
- Different types of wrestling
- Trap shooting
- Fitness aerobics
- Ball games: football, volleyball, basketball, etc.
- Dance sport
- Sports aerobics.
- The science focus helps students to learn basic subjects through design and research activities. In addition to the study of basic disciplines, the courses study ecology, biochemistry and biophysics, botany, experimentalism, natural and physical and mathematical modeling.
- Socio-pedagogical circles are the study of Russian, German and English languages, and also:
- Fundamentals of Social Science, Psychology, Political Science
- Film art
- Artistic, aesthetic and creative development
- History of Russia, culture
- Classes with school specialists - speech therapist, psychologist, social educator and teacher-defectologist.
A program of preparatory classes for school has been prepared for pupils of the preschool department, and vocational guidance for graduating classes.
- Artistic direction:
- Dance lessons
- Needlework, modern decorating techniques
- Vocal, musical art
- The basics of theater skills
- Art reading
- Painting and graphics.
- Tourism and local lore focus - the study of local history, Moscow studies.
Activities that students can also participate in:
- Projects "Mutual Education", "Hospitable School" - seminars, lectures, exchange of experience with other schools
- Projects "Saturdays of a Moscow student", "A study day out of school" - various city educational events taking place on a day off
- Subject Olympiads, "Circle from the Champion" - preparation for the Olympiad testing, demonstration of international practices and new technologies
- Projects "Moscow guide", "My city - my Moscow!"
- Regular excursions, trips and visits to urban public places.
COOPERATION WITH UNIVERSITIES
School No. 171 cooperates with several higher educational institutions:
- Moscow State University (faculties: biological, chemical, legal, historical, psychology)
- MIREA - Russian Technological University
- National Research Technological University MISIS
- Polytechnic University and Copter-Express
- Center for Pedagogical Excellence
- Institute of Electroorganic Compounds of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Russian University of Chemical Technology DI. Mendeleev
- Institute of Physical Chemistry and Electrochemistry named after A.N. Frumkin of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Institute for Management Problems V.A. Trapeznikov Russian Academy of Sciences
- National Research University Higher School of Economics.
Collaboration allows the students of the school to undergo career guidance, to attend lectures and conferences.
- Cooperation with universities
- Profile classes
- Circles and sections, extracurricular activities
- Participation in educational projects.
Facilities and equipment at School number 171 Moscow
The school consists of 17 buildings: kindergartens and educational buildings for primary, middle and senior classes. The preschool department has:
- Sleeping quarters
- Music and sports halls
- Play and studying classrooms
- Buffet, changing rooms, bathrooms and other technical rooms.
Some buildings have a swimming pool. Walking and playgrounds are landscaped in fenced areas.
The school unit is equipped with studying and practical rooms, sports and assembly halls, libraries, classrooms of additional education. In some buildings there are museum exhibitions. The school grounds include stadiums with running tracks, football, volleyball and basketball courts.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year starts on September 1 and lasts 33-34 weeks, depending on the level of education. The program is studied in terms of trimesters and semesters.
Trimesters for primary and secondary school:
- September 1-November 16
- November 23-February 20
- March 1-May 28.
Six months for grades 10-11:
- September 1-December 29
- January 11-May 28.
Holidays for all students:
- October 5-11
- November 17-22
- December 30-January 10
- February 21-28
- April 6-11
- May 29-August 31.
Classes are held five days a week in one shift - from Monday to Friday. Lessons start from 8:30 am to 9:00 am, each lasting 45 minutes.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission, you will need an application from the parents in writing with submission to the educational institution in person or electronically - with submission through the portal of the Moscow State Services. Pupils of the preschool department are enrolled in the first grades by transfer.
Admission to the specialized classes of the school passes through testing and an interview with the commission.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about School number 171 Moscow
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.