School number 1454 "Timiryazevskaya"
Description of School number 1454 "Timiryazevskaya"
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Students age: from 1.8 to 18 years old
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time
- Adapted programs
- Stages of education: preschool, primary, basic and secondary.
Since 2012, this educational center has included several preschool institutions, primary, middle and high school buildings. The school is famous for the success of its graduates in passing the Unified State Exam: in 2016, six eleventh graders graduated with gold medals, 27 people received 220 points when passing exams, and as for the SIA - annually about four "excellent" certificates for the total number of ninth-graders graduates.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in School number 1454 "Timiryazevskaya"
Accommodation, meals, prices
Meals are organized according to a cyclical 20/24/28-day menu in all departments of the school. Students can eat on a paid and discounted basis, by subscription or one-time. A student can pay for purchases in the cafeteria and canteen in cash or with the student's electronic card of the "Pass and Meals" system.
Academic groups visit the cafeteria according to the general schedule at individual times. The buffet is opened at every break from 9:00 to 16:00.
activity School number 1454 "Timiryazevskaya"
Additional education is presented in several directions in the form of circles and sections.
- Modeling and design of technical objects
- Film and video equipment
- Solving mathematical problems of increased complexity
- Technical devices and mechanisms
- Computer and information technology
- Programming, robotics
- Driving school
- YUID ("Young traffic inspectors").
Physical culture and sports sections:
- Fitness aerobics
- Exercise therapy
- Trap shooting
- Ball games: football, volleyball, basketball
- Dance sport
- Different types of wrestling
- Artistic gymnastics and acrobatics
Natural science orientation is the study of subjects on the basis of design and research activities. In addition to the study of basic disciplines, the courses study ecology, physiology and anatomy.
Socio-pedagogical circles are a comprehensive social development of students, the study of Russian, German, Spanish and English, and also:
- Law basics
- Russian history
- Artistic and aesthetic development
- Preparatory program for preschoolers, career guidance - for graduates.
The school's specialists: social educators, speech therapists, psychologists work with students after school, conduct lectures and practices.
- Dance lessons
- Needlework, modern decorating techniques
- Vocal, musical art
- The basics of theater skills
- Painting and graphics.
Extracurricular activities for students to participate in:
- Subject Olympiads at the district and city levels ("Lomonosov Tournament", "All-Russian" and "Moscow Olympiad for schoolchildren", etc.)
- Research and creative contests
- Sporting events, passing the TRP standards
- Regular excursions and trips, sightseeing visits
- Career guidance
- Volunteer movement of four school teams: "In your hands", "Northern hearts", "Impulse", "DOBROVOLETS".
- Educational projects
- Circles and sections, extracurricular activities
- Possible round-the-clock school stay
- Profile classes.
Facilities and equipment at School number 1454 "Timiryazevskaya"
School No. 1454 includes more than 20 buildings: kindergartens and school buildings. For preschoolers, there are rooms for sleeping, learning and development, and games. There are walking areas on the territory fenced with a fence. There are three buildings for children with disabilities: one kindergarten and two school buildings with a barrier-free system (ramps, railings, elevators, etc.).
For schoolchildren, classrooms, practical laboratories, sports and assembly halls, computer classrooms and additional education rooms, libraries are organized in the buildings. In the school grounds there are sports stadiums with fields for playing football, volleyball, basketball.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at school No. 1454 is divided into terms of grades 1-9:
- September 1-November 29
- November 30-February 28
- March 1 - May 21/28.
10-11 grades are studying in half-year:
- September 1-December 30
- January 11 - May 21.
Vacation dates for all students:
- October 31-November 8
- December 31-January 10
- February 20-28 (for first grades)
- March 20-28
- May 22/29 - August 31.
Classes are held in the mode of five school days - from Monday to Friday, lessons begin daily according to the schedule of the building, but not earlier than 8:30. The duration of the lesson is 45 minutes, for the first grades - 35-40 minutes, depending on the semester. School No. 1454 teaches in a modular mode.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll in school you will need to provide:
- Statement from parents / legal representatives
- Personal documents of the child (birth certificate, registration, etc.).
Enrollment may be refused only if there are no vacant places in the class.
For profile directions, admission goes through tests.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about School number 1454 "Timiryazevskaya"
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.