School number 1259
Description of School number 1259
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Students age: from 1 to 18 years old
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time
- Stages of education: preschool, primary, basic and secondary.
School №1259 was opened in 1936 at number 529. Over the entire period of its existence, this educational institution has changed many directions and rules of education: initially the school was for men, later a number of specialized subjects were introduced and gender rules were canceled. Currently, the majority of teachers in the secondary school №1259 are winners and laureates of awards and grants in the educational field, the school participates in the ranking of the three hundred best in Moscow.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in School number 1259
Accommodation, meals, prices
Primary school students and preferential categories of students are provided with free meals. Paid meals can be received in the form of subscriptions or one-time portions. Parents / legal representatives have the opportunity to regulate their child's diet on the mos.ru portal, as well as to track their attendance at school if the student uses the Pass and Meals card.
Visits to the canteen are regulated by a common schedule; academic groups have individual times. The buffet is opened at every break.
Meals are prepared according to a daily menu, drawn up under the guidance of medical staff and a parenting committee.
activity School number 1259
Additional education in secondary school №1259 is presented in several directions:
- Technical devices and mechanisms
- Computer and information technology, programming and robotics
- Film and video equipment
- Design, modeling and prototyping of various objects.
Physical culture and sports:
- Exercise therapy
- Applied sports
- Fitness aerobics
- Wrestling: sambo, taekwondo, etc.
- Ball games: football, volleyball, basketball, floorball, etc.
- Table tennis
- Subject study of basic subjects (mathematics, geography, biology, chemistry, etc.)
- Physiology and Anatomy
- General biology and ecology
- Design and research activities.
Social and humanitarian:
- Learning languages: Russian, German, English, French, Spanish, Chinese
- Intellectual, artistic and aesthetic development, socialization and communication
- Speech therapy classes
- Career guidance, pre-vocational education
- PR and public relations
- The art of cinema
- Fundamentals of Social Science
- Preparatory lessons for preschoolers.
Tourist and local history:
- Moscow studies.
- Contemporary dances
- Fundamentals of theatrical and musical creativity
- Handicraft: modern decorating techniques, art and renovation work
- Development of vocal skills: academic singing, choir, pop vocal, etc.
- Folklore collective
- Literary criticism
- Painting and graphics, contemporary forms and history of fine arts.
- Guided tours and themed activities organized by class teachers
- School museums and mass media: newspaper "Contact", TV studio "Klyuch"
- Delivery of TRP norms
- Subject Olympiads and educational competitions
- Sports competitions, creative projects of city, district and school levels.
The partnership is concluded with several universities:
- Higher School of Economics
- RNIMU named after N.I. Pirogov
- PMGMU named after Sechenov.
Students' appearance is strict, formal monochrome clothes: black, dark blue, white. It is forbidden to wear bright accessories, flashy coloured clothes, unnatural makeup and manicure, loose long hair. Sportswear should be monochrome and comfortable, without defiant details.
Wearing replacement shoes is compulsory.
- School uniform
- Additional education, extracurricular activities
- Cooperation with universities
- Profile classes
- Educational projects.
Facilities and equipment at School number 1259
Secondary school №1259 consists of five buildings: kindergartens and schools. For teaching schoolchildren the buildings are equipped with:
- Study rooms, including separate ones for primary classes
- Practical Research Laboratories
- Sports, gyms and stadiums in school grounds
- Assembly halls for events
- Additional education classrooms.
The classrooms use technology: interactive whiteboards and projectors, portable PCs and laptops, printers and MFPs.
For preschoolers, all the necessary conditions for a daytime stay are organized: sleeping rooms, play and educational classrooms, sports and music halls, walking areas on the territories of institutions.
Admission dates and extra charges
Studying begins on September 1 and lasts until May 28. The academic year is divided into terms for grades 1-9, and half a year for high school students.
- September 1-November 17
- November 23-February 22
- March 1-May 28.
Half a year:
- September 1-December 30
- January 11-May 28.
- October 7-11
- November 18-22
- December 31-January 10
- February 24-28
- April 7-11
- May 29-August 31.
Classes are held five days a week, each lesson lasting 45 minutes. The daily start of classes depends on the level of education.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applications for admission are accepted electronically through the mos.ru portal, personal documents - when visiting an educational institution.
Before entering the profile classes, the future student will be expected to pass tests, for which you can prepare in the courses organized at the school.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about School number 1259
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.