School No. 1257 with in-depth study of individual subjects
Description of School No. 1257 with in-depth study of individual subjects
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Students age: from 1.6 to 18 years old
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time
- Adapted programs
- Sutages of education: preschool, primary, basic and secondary.
School No. 1257, which was then still No. 14, was opened in 1964. Initially, only boys were taught in it, the specialized subjects were foreign languages, as at the present time. This educational institution has organized a gender division into classes and now - boys and girls study separately.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in School No. 1257 with in-depth study of individual subjects
Accommodation, meals, prices
Secondary school №1257 provides paid and reduced-price meals. The student's "Pass and Meals" card, replenished by parents remotely, helps to pay for meals. Pupils of grades 1-4 and some categories of children have preferential meals.
There is a buffet for students at each break.
In the preschool department, five meals a day are organized.
Activities School No. 1257 with in-depth study of individual subjects
In the preschool and school departments, circles and sections are organized in various directions: creative, sports, intellectual. Some of the courses are paid. In connection with the specialized direction of the school - the study of foreign languages - students can attend language courses and participate in international projects, including exchange educational programs, travel abroad.
Also, outside school hours, students of the school participate in subject Olympiads, creative competitions, sports competitions, and scientific conferences.
On a regular basis, each academic group visits museums and galleries, theaters, interactive spaces and city attractions.
Cooperation with universities
Secondary school №1257 has a cooperation agreement with the Higher School of Economics, thanks to which students can practice and participate in university projects.
- Advanced study of foreign languages
- Cooperation with universities
- Additional education, extracurricular activities
- Gender division
- Cadet class.
Facilities and equipment at School No. 1257 with in-depth study of individual subjects
The school consists of 7 buildings, three of which are given for the education of preschoolers. The kindergartens are equipped with sleeping and play rooms, study rooms, gyms and walking grounds in the territories.
School buildings are equipped with:
- Study rooms with computer, multimedia equipment
- Practical laboratories with the necessary materials
- Libraries, reading rooms with printers, MFPs, scanners
- Sports, gyms, dance halls
- Stadiums in school grounds.
The buildings are equipped with the necessary auxiliary mechanisms for the safe visit and education of children with disabilities in them.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1, studying takes place in a five-day mode - from Monday to Friday.
The preschool department is opened five days a week from 7:00 to 19:00.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to the school goes through the filing of an application on the Moscow State Services Portal. Enrollment in the first grades of children who graduated from kindergarten №1257 is organized by simple translation. Parents / legal representatives of pupils of other preschool departments will be required to apply and personal documents of the child.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about School No. 1257 with in-depth study of individual subjects
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.