Secondary school No. 1220 with in-depth study of the German language
Description of Secondary school No. 1220 with in-depth study of the German language
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Students age - from 1.5 to 18 years old;
- Adapted programs;
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time, part-time;
- Subdivisions of education: preschool, primary, basic, secondary.
This educational institution was opened in 1962 as a school with in-depth study of the German language. Many years later, secondary school №1220 managed to preserve the profile direction, but not the original composition of the buildings: during the reorganization that took place in 2014, several kindergartens and schools of the district joined it. Now this institution is considered a multidisciplinary one and is trying to stay in the TOP-300 of the best schools in Moscow.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Secondary school No. 1220 with in-depth study of the German language
Accommodation, meals, prices
Meals in all departments of the school are organized in accordance with the daily menu. Students are provided with preferential and paid options, which can be ordered as a coupon or purchased one-time. There is also a buffet for students and teachers at each break.
When paying for meals, schoolchildren use the Moskvenok electronic card of the Pass and Meals system, which also allows:
- Visit school buildings;
- Track the location of the child and his spending.
Activities Secondary school No. 1220 with in-depth study of the German language
For schoolchildren, there are circles of interest and sections of various directions:
- Computer science;
- Engineering graphics, technical design;
- Layout, modeling and design of objects;
- General fitness;
- Rhythmic, artistic gymnastics;
- Exercise therapy;
- Martial arts: sambo, karate, taekwondo, martial arts, etc.;
- Ball games: football, volleyball, basketball, etc.;
- Subject study of basic subjects (mathematics, geography, biology, chemistry, etc.).;
- Language club (Russian, English, German);
- Intellectual, artistic and aesthetic development, socialization and communication;
- Play activity;
- Speech therapy classes;
- Preparatory lessons for preschoolers;
- Dances: pop, ballroom, modern, etc.;
- Handicraft: working with various materials, making toys;
- Singing: vocal ensembles, academic singing, choir;
- Playing piano and drums, wind orchestra;
- Literary creativity;
- Fundamentals of musical and theatrical creativity, puppet theater, drama and musical theater;
- Excursions and themed events;
- Volunteer squad;
- Projects "Moscow Cinema at School", "Lesson in the Museum", "Memory Road", etc.;
- Student self-government;
- The study of the German language in the supervision of the Institute. Goethe;
- Museum complex of the school;
- Career guidance based on the project "Vocational training without borders";
- Design and research work;
- Subject Olympiads, educational competitions;
- Sports competitions, delivery of GTO norms, project "Yunarmiya";
- Creative projects of city, district and school levels.
Secondary school №1220 is in cooperation with the German Institute. Goethe, as well as several universities and colleges in Moscow:
- PRUE them. G.V. Plekhanov;
- Institute for Management Problems V.A. Trapeznikov RAS.
- Vocational guidance;
- Profile classes;
- Educational projects;
- Circles of interest and sections, extracurricular activities;
Facilities and equipment at Secondary school No. 1220 with in-depth study of the German language
There are twelve buildings in the school №1220. The school department is equipped with:
- Study rooms with chalk and interactive whiteboards, projectors;
- Classrooms for primary classes;
- Practical laboratories of natural science subjects;
- Sports halls, swimming pool;
- Libraries with reading rooms, MFPs, printers, scanners;
- Computer classes with individual PCs;
- Additional education rooms;
- Sports stadiums: running tracks, obstacle courses, game fields;
- Assembly halls for events;
- Common dining room and buffet;
- Offices of specialists - speech therapist, psychologist;
- Medical and treatment facilities.
Many rooms are technically prepared for teaching children with disabilities.
For preschoolers school infrastructure is equipped with:
- Premises for groups of different ages: sleeping places, bathrooms, playrooms;
- Physical culture and music halls, swimming pool;
- Walking grounds in the territories;
- Specialists' offices - speech therapist, psychologist, etc.;
- Common dining room;
- Medical and treatment facilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into terms and semesters.
Dates of trimesters for grades 1-9:
September 2-November 30;
- December 2 - February 29;
- March 2 - May 29.
For grades 10-11:
- September 2-December 28;
- January 9-May 29.
Training takes place in a modular mode, certification - by trimester.
List of vacations:
- October 7-13;
- November 18-24;
- December 30-January 8;
- February 19-23;
- April 6-12;
- May 30 - August 31.
Classes are held in the mode of five school days in one shift. The daily beginning of lessons is 8:30 a.m., the duration of each lesson is 45 minutes for grades 2-11, 35-40 minutes for first graders.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll in school №1220, students must register an application on the mos.ru portal and submit personal documents to the educational institution.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Secondary school No. 1220 with in-depth study of the German language
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.