School № 1208 named after Hero of the Soviet Union M.S. Shumilova
Description of School № 1208 named after Hero of the Soviet Union M.S. Shumilova
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Students age: from 1 to 18 years old
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time
- Adapted programs
- Stages of education: preschool, primary, basic and secondary.
Educational complex №1208 was formed in 2013 by connecting several schools and kindergartens. School No. 1208 is an eight-time winner of the Mayor's Grant for achievements in the educational field. Since 2009, this educational institution has been included in the UNESCO Associated Schools Project.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in School № 1208 named after Hero of the Soviet Union M.S. Shumilova
Accommodation, meals, prices
In secondary school No. 1208, paid and preferential types of meals are implemented: certain categories of students receive meals on preferential terms, primary classes are fed free of charge. A student can pay for the products of the buffet and canteen by subscriptions with the "Moskvenok" card of the "Pass and Meals" system, by which it is also possible to track attendance at classes.
Each academic group visits the cafeteria according to the general schedule at individual times.
Activities School № 1208 named after Hero of the Soviet Union M.S. Shumilova
During extracurricular hours, students of the school are engaged in additional education, participating in:
- Subject Olympiads
- Project "Lesson-section" - personal choice of the type of physical education lessons
- Volunteer movement "Wings of Hope", charity events from the "Lessons of Kindness" project
- School parliament, the project "Russian movement of schoolchildren"
- Passing the standards of the TRP and other sports competitions
- City Shakespeare Festival of Performing Arts in English
- Classes in the psychological service "Success Together" - conversations with a psychologist, social teacher.
For preschoolers, educational intellectual activities "Owlet" and preparatory activities for schooling are organized.
Circles and sections for schoolchildren:
- Technical focus:
- Computer and information technology
- Robotics, programming
- YUID ("Young Traffic Inspector")
- Solving mathematical problems of increased complexity
- Innovative entrepreneurial projects
- Engineering graphics, technical and computer design.
- Physical culture and sports sections:
- Dance sport
- Different types of wrestling
- Urban sport
- Fitness aerobics
- The science focus helps students to learn basic subjects through design and research activities. There are also classes in physiology and anatomy, naturalism, nature conservation and ecology.
- Socio-pedagogical circles are the study of Russian, German, French, Italian and English, and also:
- Artistic, aesthetic and creative development
- Fundamentals of Law, Social Science
- Russian history
Preparatory classes are held for preschoolers, vocational guidance for school graduates.
- Lectures on Moscow studies are held during the tourism and local history classes.
- Artistic direction:
- Dance lessons
- Vocal, musical art
- Painting and graphics, modern forms of fine art
- Theatrical skill
- Literary creativity.
Some additional education classes may require a fee.
Students are required to have a strict classic appearance without bright things, catchy decorations. The predominant colours of clothing are black and white.
COOPERATION WITH UNIVERSITIES
School No. 1208 has agreements on cooperation with:
- Higher School of Economics
- MATI - RGTU im. Tsiolkovsky
- Moscow State University for the Humanities M.A. Sholokhov
- Moscow State Technical University N.E. Bauman
- RGPU them. A.I. Herzen
The school also participates in the "Bridge to the German University" project, where the cooperating universities are the Goethe-Institut, the Ruhr University of Bochum, the Technical University of Dortmund, and the University of Duisburg-Essen. Only pupils of grades 9 who know German language at least A2 level and have an average score in the 8 grade report card of 4.8-5 can participate in the project.
- Advanced study of English
- Profile classes
- School uniform
- Projects "Mathematical vertical", "Effective beginning", etc.
- Additional education, extracurricular activities.
Facilities and equipment at School № 1208 named after Hero of the Soviet Union M.S. Shumilova
Secondary school # 1208 includes 11 buildings, including kindergartens and a school department.
For teaching primary, middle and senior classes, study and practical rooms, additional education classrooms, sports and assembly halls, libraries with reading spaces are equipped. On the school grounds there are stadiums with football, volleyball and basketball courts. Some buildings have swimming pools.
Daycare conditions have been created for preschoolers: sleeping and playrooms, classes for development and learning, gyms, a swimming pool. There are walking grounds in the territories of kindergartens.
Admission dates and extra charges
Studying begins on September 1 each year, but ends differently for all degrees of education. Studying takes place in terms of trimesters and semesters.
Trimesters in grades 1-9:
- September 1-November 20
- November 23-February 20
- March 1 - May 22/29.
Six months for grades 10-11:
- September 1-December 30
- January 11-May 29.
Graduates finish the academic year after successfully passing the final exams.
Holidays throughout the year for all students:
- October 5-10
- October 12-17
- December 31-January 10
- February 22-27
- April 5-10
- May 31-August 31.
Classes are held five days a week, starting daily at 8:30-9:30, each lesson lasts 40 minutes. The first classes are taught in a "stepwise mode" - the lesson lasts 30-40 minutes, depending on the term.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to school No. 1208, an application will be required on the portal of Moscow State Services, followed by the submission of personal documents to the educational institution. To enroll in specialized classes, a future student will have to pass tests and demonstrate academic success.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about School № 1208 named after Hero of the Soviet Union M.S. Shumilova
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.