Satit International Bilingual School of Rangsit University Chiangmai (SIBS)
Description of Satit International Bilingual School of Rangsit University Chiangmai (SIBS)
- Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand,
- Year of foundation: 2014,
- Language of instruction: English, Thai, Chinese,
- Number of students: more than 400,
- Type: mixed.
Satit International Bilingual School of Rangsit University Chiangmai (SIBS) is an international bilingual school opened in 2014 in Chiang Mai.
The institution belongs to Rangsit University, which was founded in 1986. Many years of hard work, high-quality teaching and an individual approach to each student have raised the university to the top lines in the rankings of the best universities in Thailand.
SIBS offers a curriculum for students from 2 to 18 years old in three languages: English, Thai or Chinese of their choice. In recent years, the number of students has exceeded the mark of 400 people who came from different countries.
The programs at SIBS are academically challenging, balanced and meet the standards of the Ministry of Education of Thailand. The final grades of graduates prove the effectiveness of education - 100% of high school students continue their education in the best universities and colleges.
All classrooms are equipped with technology that allows teachers to conduct interactive lessons. Starting in the first grade, students begin to use their own or school iPads to create projects, work on homework and self-development.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Satit International Bilingual School of Rangsit University Chiangmai (SIBS)
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school works in the daytime mode, so it does not provide places for living. Meals are served throughout the day in the cafeteria on campus.
Middle and high school students are given the opportunity to stay with a host family. Conditions:
- Delivery service for students to study,
- Laundry service,
- Round-the-clock video surveillance,
- Free WiFi,
- Swimming pool on site,
- Outdoor activities on Saturdays and Sundays,
- Weekdays: breakfast and dinner; holidays: three meals a day,
- Living room with TV, comfortable sofa.
The host family has two SIBS student children, a large house with 16 rooms and a lot of experience in living with students from other countries.
Activities Satit International Bilingual School of Rangsit University Chiangmai (SIBS)
SIBS offers a wide range of extracurricular activities: from creative circles to sports and scientific sections, from performances in front of the public to participation in charity events. The main sports areas in the school are football and athletics. Teachers conduct both group and individual training.
At the beginning of the first trimester, students of all grades team up for a trip to a week-long camp. During the journey, three topics are covered at the events:
- Community – cooperation with many people of different ages,
- Independence – mastering important life skills, developing responsibility and communication skills,
- Environment – observation and analysis of natural phenomena, ecology and conservation of natural resources.
In the second academic trimester, international excursions are planned for students, students will have the opportunity to go abroad and get acquainted with the culture and language of other countries. Three topics for study tours include:
- Multiculturalism – the study of the country,
- Adventures – a variety of routes of each trip allow you to develop adaptability, activity and interest,
- Transdisciplinary learning is a learning experience related to three subjects from the school curriculum.
High school students are given the opportunity to travel to various places in Thailand, planning experiments, collecting data and working in groups to analyze the knowledge gained. Three topics of scientific field research:
- Data collection – the acquisition of experience in the field of science, the collection of accurate data in various forms,
- Presentation – the results of the work will be part of two semester assessments in natural sciences and related disciplines. Students will give a presentation in front of an audience of specialists,
- Collaboration – Students majoring in the natural sciences will work together, sharing information and developing their academic strengths.
Recently, sibs introduced the Chiang Mai Model United Nations program. It was created to prepare selected students for two international conferences. The first conference is held in an online format, the second - "live" in Bangkok. Students enrolled in the program use Google Classroom to study material on their own, conduct research, and earn credits for university admission.
The extracurricular student development program includes many activities, including charity. To meet international university standards in Europe, Australia and the United States, SIBS students work at least 30 hours of community service from grade 10 until graduation.
- Excellent final exam results,
- More than 100 areas of extracurricular activities,
- Bilingual education,
- Native English teachers,
- Internships for grades 10-13.
Facilities and equipment at Satit International Bilingual School of Rangsit University Chiangmai (SIBS)
The school is located in Chiang Mai. The architectural design of the campus combines environmental friendliness and modernity: from saving resources to reusing materials. The buildings are equipped with many classrooms, each of which is equipped with audio and video equipment, air conditioning, projectors and interactive whiteboards. WiFi is available on site, available to middle and high schools, wired Internet connection.
Also on campus there are:
- Practical specialized laboratories with the necessary materials and equipment,
- Art Studio,
- Computer labs,
- Educational garden, where children grow plants and flowers,
- Library, reading room,
- Classes for self-study and recreation,
- Outdoor playing fields, indoor playgrounds, sports hall,
- Outdoor walking areas,
- STEM Lab,
- Butterfly Garden
- Learning Support Center , with school psychologist,
- Indoor football pitch;
- Swimming pool;
- Dining room.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school year lasts from autumn to summer. Holidays take place on holidays, Saturday and Sunday are considered days off. The teaching load is distributed depending on the level of the class, so high school students finish the school day later than the students of the junior department.
- Entrance fee – 1585$,
- Deposit – 397$,
- English language support for grades 7-12 – $ 529 per semester,
- Help of a teaching assistant – $ 5218 per year,
- Some extracurricular activities, summer camp, Saturday classes,
- Meals on campus – from $ 194 per semester,
- Fees for using iPad – 80$,
- Books, consumables.
You can apply for enrollment online by going through several registration steps:
- Kindergarten and early years – skype interview,
- Primary education – entrance test, interview,
- Secondary education – CERF, interview.
Next, you need to fill out the registration form, pay the entrance fee, pass an English language test (for applicants older than the 4th grade) and wait for an invitation from the admissions committee. Children will be assigned to age groups and based on trial results.
100% of SIBS graduates continue their studies at universities, choosing different specialties: from medicine to art, from business to journalism. The geography of admission to universities varies from Chiang Mai University in Thailand to the University of South Korea in Seoul and the School of Business and Hotel Management in Switzerland.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The deadline for admission to each of the levels of study is August 1.
Foreign applicants must provide the following documents both for admission and for obtaining a study visa:
- A copy of the passport or birth certificate of the future student, as well as the passport of one of the parents,
- A copy of the progress report for the last two years,
- Family Registration List,
- A copy of the parents' work permit,
- Current monthly income tax for the parent.
If the student has a certificate of completion of secondary incomplete education, it must be provided along with the evaluation transcript.
Education at school takes place in two languages, so to study in middle and high school you will need to pass language tests.
Scholarships Satit International Bilingual School of Rangsit University Chiangmai (SIBS)
A 10% discount is provided on tuition fees provided that two children from the same family study. The discount applies to the Junior Student Program.
Also, for each of the departments of the school, scholarships are provided that award academically successful students and athletes. They are reviewed annually, based on the scores of the final works or exams.
The quota of Rangsit University allows students to be exempt from competitive entrance tests when enrolling in this university.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Satit International Bilingual School of Rangsit University Chiangmai (SIBS)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.