Samara State University of Railway Engineering, SamSUPS
Description of Samara State University of Railway Engineering, SamSUPS
- Location: Samara, Russia;
- Age of students: 15+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded on March 5, 1973. The functions and powers of the founder of the university are carried out by the Federal Agency for Railway Transport: SamSUPS is the largest transport university in the Volga Federal District.
Faculties and colleges
As part of SamSUPS:
- 8 institutes and faculties:
- Faculty of Railway Operation;
- Institute of Automation, Information Technologies and Construction;
- Faculty of Rolling Stock and Track Machines;
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering;
- Faculty of Economics, Logistics and Management;
- Institute of Correspondence and E-Learning;
- Institute of Professional and Corporate Competencies;
- Institute of Additional Professional Education.
- 10 branches:
- in Alatyr, Chuvash Republic;
- in Izhevsk, Udmurt Republic;
- in Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan;
- in Kirov;
- in Nizhny Novgorod;
- Orenburg Institute of Communications (in Orenburg);
- in Penza;
- in the city of Rtishchevo, Saratov region;
- in Saratov;
- Ufa Institute of Railway Communications (in Ufa, Republic of Bashkortostan).
The university has 12 scientific schools:
- Transport and construction ecology. Safety of human activities;
- Energy efficiency of transportation, distribution and use of energy resources;
- Optimization and automation of transport and technological systems and processes;
- Improving the reliability, efficiency and environmental safety of transport power plants;
- Dynamics and strength of transport systems;
- Invariant information and control systems in transport;
- Intersubjective reliability of technical systems;
- Economics and transport management;
- Control systems with elements of artificial intelligence;
- Software engineering of real-time systems;
- Way and track facilities;
- Theory and methods of teaching and upbringing (Russian language).
In 2021, university students took part in the following scientific competitions:
- competition of innovative projects of JSC Russian Railways together with the Innovation Promotion Fund "UMNIK-RZD";
- competition of innovative projects under the program "UMNIK – Samara Region" of the regional representative office of the Innovation Promotion Fund – Technopark in the field of high technologies "Zhiguli Valley";
- competition of youth projects of JSC Russian Railways "New Link";
- a grant competition for the performance of final qualification works by Russian Railways;
- Russian Railways Grant Competition for Young Scientists;
- All-Russian Youth Competition of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation "Science of the Future – Science of the Young";
- competition of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Samara Region "Young Scientist", etc.
In 2021, 6 scientific conferences were held at the parent university:
- 4 international:
- "Science and Culture of Russia";
- "Science and Education for Transport";
- "Samara is digital. 2021»;
- "Digital Technologies in Education";
- All-Russian Conference "Mechatronics, Automation and Transport Control";
- inter-university scientific and practical conference "Languages and texts in the diversity of modes of empirical and scientific actualization".
The University is the founder of two scientific and technical journals:
- "Bulletin of Transport of the Volga Region";
- "Vestnik SamSUPS".
Things to know about
The total number of teaching staff of the head university in Samara is 290 people, of which 164 are candidates of science, 34 are doctors of science.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Samara State University of Railway Engineering, SamSUPS
Accommodation, meals, prices
SamSUPS has 4 student dormitories, a hostel for employees and graduate students, a hotel-type hostel, where comfortable living conditions are created.
Meals are organized in the canteens, which work 5 days a week.
Activities Samara State University of Railway Engineering, SamSUPS
Extracurricular work of SamSUPS is carried out in the following areas:
- Events of civil and patriotic direction:
- All-Russian competitions of patriotic orientation among students of transport universities;
- Theoretical on-line competition within the framework of the Winter Spartakiad of the Samara Region "Blue River";
- Competition for the award in the field of vocational education of the Samara region "Student of the Year";
- International promotions:
- "Test on the history of the Fatherland";
- "Dictation of Victory";
- "Test on the history of the Great Patriotic War";
- Activities of cultural and leisure activities:
- All-Russian Festival "Russian Student Spring";
- International Creative Festival of Students of Transport Universities;
- "Literary creativity";
- XXIV Regional Festival of Patriotic Song "Russia Is Behind Us";
- International Festival-Competition "Achievement";
- Official League of KVN "Samara";
- Central League of Moscow and Moscow Region MS KVN;
- Sports events:
- Universiade of the Samara Region among universities;
- Professional league Hardcore Fighting Championship MMA;
- World Universal Combat Championship;
- Russian Sambo Championships among juniors 18-20 years old;
- All-Russian judo competitions among men;
- Championship of Russia "First League";
- Psychological and pedagogical support and socio-pedagogical work.
Student associations of SamSUPS:
- Military-patriotic club "Sapsan";
- KVN team "Niche takie";
- Student labor groups;
Facilities and equipment at Samara State University of Railway Engineering, SamSUPS
Education is implemented in three educational buildings, which have:
SamSUPS Sports and Fitness Center offers a wide range of services:
- a large game hall (basketball, volleyball);
- small game hall (mini football, basketball, volleyball);
- swimming pool (water aerobics, recreational swimming, swimming lessons);
- gym (equipped with modern equipment);
- table tennis hall;
- wrestling hall;
- boxing hall.
Students of SamSUPS receive medical care in the system of the Specialized Consultative and Diagnostic Center of Clinics of Samara State Medical University. Outpatient reception is conducted in the health center.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each of which ends with a test-examination session in accordance with the curriculum of the relevant educational program.
Additional expenses of students may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
List of documents:
- Identity and citizenship document;
- Document on education;
- Documents confirming special rights and (or) individual achievements.
About 25,000 students study at the university every year.
The main strategic partner of the university is the russian Railways holding, its branches, structural divisions and directorates. The following also take part in the distribution of SamSUPS graduates:
- JSC "Grid Company "Bugulma Electric Networks";
- Moscow Metro;
- GC "Business Lines";
- "Crimean Railway".
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Mathematics – 27;
- Russian language – 36;
- Physics – 36;
- Informatics and ICT – 40;
- Social Studies – 42.
Scholarships Samara State University of Railway Engineering, SamSUPS
- state academic scholarship;
- state social scholarship;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships awarded by legal entities and individuals, including those who sent them to study.
In addition, the university provides material support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Samara State University of Railway Engineering, SamSUPS
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.