Samara State University of Railway Engineering, Branch of SamSUPS in Nizhny Novgorod
Description of Samara State University of Railway Engineering, Branch of SamSUPS in Nizhny Novgorod
- Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type of education : mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The branch was founded in 2004 in the city of Nizhny Novgorod by the largest transport university in Russia.
At the moment, SamSUPS has an international project "Samara Transport Institute at the Sheinxi Railway Vocational Institute (China)".
Things to know about
Since 2005, the Branch has been cooperating with more than 33 foreign countries.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Samara State University of Railway Engineering, Branch of SamSUPS in Nizhny Novgorod
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the branch provides a hostel.
To organize meals for students and staff, the university has 5 canteens, the total number of seats is 282.
Activities Samara State University of Railway Engineering, Branch of SamSUPS in Nizhny Novgorod
To involve students in the social and scientific life of the branch, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- The game "What? Where is? When? Russian Railways";
- Scientific project "Territory of Science";
- Festive concerts dedicated to various holidays;
- Game "Test Quest";
- University Spartakiads;
- Quiz of the patriotic project "Bet on the team";
- Competition of professional skills "The Best Electric Welder".
Facilities and equipment at Samara State University of Railway Engineering, Branch of SamSUPS in Nizhny Novgorod
The educational process of the branch is carried out in 5 educational buildings. The buildings are equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, laboratory and practical work. The classrooms are equipped with a modern material and technical base: projectors, screens, computers and audio systems.
For sports, the university offers students an open stadium of a wide profile with elements of an obstacle course.
Also, students have free access to the three educational libraries of the university. The total number of seats in them is 110.
Admission dates and extra charges
In the branch, the learning process in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given holidays (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the branch, students assume the following additional costs:
- to pay for accommodation in the hostel;
- additional for leisure and recreation.
For admission to the Branch of SamSUPS it is necessary to provide:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at the reception;
- A document confirming registration in the individual accounting system (if any).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- Personally entering the admission committee;
- Through EPGU.
According to the results of the admission campaign of 2022, about 100 people were enrolled in the specialty programs.
After receiving higher education in the branch of SamSUPS, graduates become sought-after specialists in the labor market in the railway sector.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the educational programs of the specialization, the applicant must:
- Completed secondary general education;
- Points received for the Unified State Exam are not lower:
- Mathematics , 33;
- Physics — 36;
- Russian language — 36;
- Social Studies, 42;
Scholarships Samara State University of Railway Engineering, Branch of SamSUPS in Nizhny Novgorod
- State Academic Scholarship;
- State social scholarship;
- State scholarship for postgraduate and doctoral students;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Personal scholarships;
- Scholarships from legal entities or individuals.
In addition, the university provides material assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Samara State University of Railway Engineering, Branch of SamSUPS in Nizhny Novgorod
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.