Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism — SCOLIFK
Description of Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism — SCOLIFK
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Year of foundation: 1918
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time
- Number of students: more than 6000
- Type of education: mixed.
Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism is a higher educational institution with more than a century of history.
The institution was founded in 1918 as the Moscow Institute of Physical Culture. Over the entire history of its existence, the university has educated more than 60,000 specialists, among them - about 5,000 foreign students from 115 countries who received a diploma in it. The number of graduates of this educational institution includes several hundred Olympic champions, prize-winners of European and world competitions: Evgenia Medvedeva, Lev Yashin, Valery Kharlamov, Alexander Ovechkin, Adelina Sotnikova and many others.
Currently, the university includes several specialized institutes, the Central Olympic Academy. Bachelor's, Master's, Postgraduate and Doctoral programmes are offered for study.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism — SCOLIFK
Accommodation, meals, prices
Two dormitories for 1377 people are prepared for students. Students are accommodated in double, triple furnished rooms, common areas are showers and toilets, kitchens, recreation and self-study areas. In the residential buildings there are canteens, laundries.
First of all, students who do not have housing within the city and 90 km. from it, as well as persons with disabilities, are allowed to move in. For students with disabilities, there are five rooms with the necessary technologies for safety and ease of movement.
Activities Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism — SCOLIFK
In their free time, students can take part in the activities of the Student Council. The council team is a link between students and the leadership of the university, is engaged in the organization of events, practices, competitions.
Creative students have the opportunity to express themselves in the management of the student newspaper "Re:fORMA", the video studio "YAV|TV", the magazine "Shaybolet", the bulletin "SPS Cup" or the PR-laboratory "Road in Sport". These associations include photographers, videographers, journalists and copywriters, organizers of filming, events.
Even in extracurricular time, the main activity remains sports. For those who wish, additional courses on different types of physical activity are open: gymnastics, team games, swimming and much more. By attending additional classes, students increase their chance of getting to large-scale competitions.
During the academic year, there are many events: concerts, sports competitions, parties, group trips. On public holidays, students organize thematic performances.
The practice takes place on the basis of partner organizations: children's clubs, sports companies, medical rehabilitation centers.
- Awarded the Order of Lenin in 1934
- Has a UNESCO International Diploma for the Development of Sport and Physical Culture since 1988
- Many graduates are iconic personalities in Russian sports
- #60 among moscow universities
- No. 276 in the ranking of universities in Russia.
Facilities and equipment at Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism — SCOLIFK
The campus of the institution is located on the territory of 64 hectares on Lilac Boulevard of Moscow. The infrastructure of the university includes:
- Educational buildings with classrooms, laboratories, computer classes
- Sports facilities
- Library, reading room
- Museum of The History of the University, which stores collections of sports achievements of graduates
- Canteens, buffets
- Medical center with equipment for rehabilitation.
Since the main focus of the university is sports, for this activity on campus there are:
- Athletics arena with treadmills, jumping grounds
- Halls for wrestling, boxing, kickboxing
- Swimming pool with swimming lanes
- Halls for weightlifting, kettlebell sports
- Arm wrestling, shaping departments
- Gyms for motorcyclists, cyclists
- Halls of acrobatics, athletic, sports and rhythmic gymnastics
- Indoor and outdoor playgrounds: basketball, tennis, football, volleyball
- Shooting ranges for bullet shooting
- Fencing Hall
- Classroom with special simulators for students with disabilities, rehabilitation
- Ice arena for hockey, figure skating.
Facilities of sports facilities include showers, changing rooms, storage rooms, in some halls there are baths or saunas. The technical equipment of the halls allows to hold many competitions, including the championship of Russia.
The branch of the institution is located in Irkutsk.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year contains two semesters and lasts from September to June. The number of classes in the schedule depends on the chosen program: full-time students attend the university from Monday to Friday, sometimes on Saturday.
Holidays are held in January-February, June-August and on public holidays.
- Accommodation, meals
- Books, consumables as needed
- Medical care
- Personal spending.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Before admission, applicants can take pre-university courses in the direction of the chosen specialty.
Documents can be submitted in person at the admission committee.
For admission to programs of any level you will need:
- Personal documents: passport, health insurance, vaccination certificate
- Diploma of the previous place of study with a transcript of the courses taken
- Individual achievements if available.
To study at the programs of secondary vocational education, you will need the results of the OGE / USE, for admission to the bachelor's degree - the Unified State Exam. All applicants undergo a mandatory medical examination, entrance tests.
Scholarships Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism — SCOLIFK
- State: academic, social and elevated types of them
- State payments to postgraduate students
- Scholarships of the President, the Government of the Russian Federation, the Government of Moscow
- L.P. Matveev Scholarship
- Personal awards for foreign students
- Scholarships of the Russian Olympic Committee.
Those who are active in learning, sports and creativity can count on receiving a scholarship.
Material assistance is paid to students who find themselves in difficult life situations.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Russian State University of Physical Culture, Sports, Youth and Tourism — SCOLIFK
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.