Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen
Description of Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen
- Year of foundation: 1797
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
- Age of students: from 18 years.
- Number of students: 17,000
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Type of study: public university.
Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen is one of the oldest pedagogical educational institutions in the country. It was founded in 1797 by Emperor Paul I as the St. Petersburg Educational House, and later laid the foundation for other pedagogical institutions in the XIX-early XX centuries. By the decree of the People's Commissar of Education of September 1, 1918, they were united into a single pedagogical institute. In 1991, the Ministry of Education granted the Leningrad State Pedagogical Institute the status of a university, and since then it has been called the Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen
Accommodation, meals, prices
Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen offers dormitories for non-resident and foreign students. The number of dormitories is 5, all of them are equipped with kitchens.
The cost of living on the interuniversity campus (MSG) for 2021/2022 academic year:
- 4 700₽/month with 3-bed accommodation
- 4 400₽/month with 4-bed accommodation.
Activities Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen
SSS (student scientific society) of the RSPU named after A. I. Herzen is a public association of students who take an active part in scientific, organizational and research work. The purpose of the SSS is to promote the improvement of the quality of education, preserve the scientific potential, create conditions for the development of scientific creativity of students, its integration into the scientific and educational space.
Educational Center "Sirius" invites senior students of bachelor's and master's degrees in the direction of "Pedagogical Education" to take part in the competitive selection for the vacancy "Curator". Working as curators is a unique opportunity to get acquainted with the best practices of working with gifted children, apply existing knowledge, take part in education and master classes.
Today the university includes 5 institutes, 21 faculties, 3 branches in Volkhov, Vyborg, Makhachkala, more than 130 departments, 3 scientific centers, 27 educational and cultural centers, including the Linguistic Center, the DAAD Resource Center, the St. Petersburg School of Interpretation and Translation. All departments work in close cooperation with more than 25 research centers, laboratories of the university, Research Institutes of Physics, Continuing and General Education.
In addition to educationhighly qualified teachers for universities and secondary schools, Herzen University offers a wide range of non-teaching specialties. The university accepts students in 57 educational programs, offers programs in the field of arts, humanities, engineering, technology, life sciences, natural, social sciences. Recent achievements in the field of education management, economics, juvenile justice form the basis of programs for psychologists, economists, lawyers, managers, IT specialists, quality control managers. Teacher programs remain a priority for Herzen University.
Herzen University today is:
- 11 faculties and 11 educational institutions
- More than 300 educational programs
- More than 150 scientific specialties for postgraduate and doctoral students
- 2 branches
- More than 14 000 Russian students
- More than 2,000 foreign undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Cooperation agreements with foreign universities and educational institutions from more than 30 countries
- One of the largest university libraries in Russia
- Geological, anatomical and zoological museums
- Herzen University Museum
- Fitness center, student palace of culture, entertainment clubs
- More than 150 programs of additional education.
Facilities and equipment at Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen
RSPU named after A.I. Herzen has the premises and resources to provide quality education:
- Fundamental libraries
- Media Room
- Internet lounges
- Athletics Stadium
- Field for mini-football
- Volleyball and basketball courts
- Canteens, etc.
Admission dates and extra charges
Deadlines for submission of documents:
- Applications started on June 19
- Deadline for acceptance of documents from applicants based on the results of additional entrance examinations – July 9
- Deadline for acceptance of documents from applicants based on the results of other entrance examinations – July 13
- Completion of acceptance of documents from applicants according to the results of the Unified State Exam – July 29
- The end of the entrance examinations is July 29.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Minimum use scores, which are accepted as entrance exams:
- Russian language – 45
- Literature – 40
- Mathematics – 40
- Physics – 40
- Chemistry – 40
- Biology – 46
- History – 40
- Foreign language (for applicants to linguistics) – 50
- Foreign language (other areas of education) – 40
- Social Studies – 45
- Geography – 40
- Informatics and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) – 46
- Conducting – 55
- Vocal art – 55
- Choreographic art – 55
- Music – 55
- Musical and instrumental art – 55
- Theatre Arts – 55
- Choreographic terminology – 55
- Psychological and pedagogical foundations of modern education – 55
- Solfeggio – 55
- Solo performance – 55.
Scholarships Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen
- Academic state – 2 800₽/month.
- Social state – 4 200₽/month.
- Increased for bachelors - from 5 000 ₽ / month.
- Increased for masters - from 8 000 ₽ / month.
- State postgraduate – from 5 000₽/month.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Russian State Pedagogical University named after A.I. Herzen
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.