Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
Description of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- Founded: 2003
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Number of students: 36,000
- Teaching language: English.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences is one of the main universities in the Netherlands. The teaching staff includes about 3,500 qualified specialists.
The educational institution offers 45 training programs for undergraduate and graduate programs, exchange programs and short courses. Most of all programs for exchange students are 27.
The goal of the university is to provide students with the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge, the personal growth of each of them. The university cooperates with universities around the world, so students are given the opportunity to participate in international exchange programs.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides accommodation in one of 3 hostels for up to 1 year, foreigners are more likely to get a room than the locals. The cost of rooms in such dormitories is from 420 to 640 euros per month.
Next, you will have to find other housing on the real estate market - the university provides information about proven companies that are engaged in finding housing. Approximate living expenses will total 300-600 € per month.
There are several restaurants on campus where students can grab a bite to eat between classes. About 150-200 € per month will go for food.
Facilities and equipment at Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
All university buildings have modern technical equipment and everything necessary for the learning process: there is a private library, recreation areas and modern laboratories.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university is divided into semesters and begins on September 1.
Additional costs will be approximately 350-400 € per month (insurance, public transport, sports, mobile phone charges).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, applicants must provide a certificate of secondary education with good results and a certificate confirming knowledge of the English language (IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 80).
Scholarships Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
Non-EU students have the right to receive scholarships for 1 year up to 5,000 € per year, then the right to a scholarship must be confirmed by good academic results.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.