Physics and Mathematics Lyceum №1580 at the Moscow State Technical University. Bauman
Description of Physics and Mathematics Lyceum №1580 at the Moscow State Technical University. Bauman
- Established: 1989;
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Students age: 6-18 years old;
- Number of students: 880 people;
- Language of instruction: Russian;
- Type of education: public coeducational school.
Secondary Comprehensive Physics and Mathematics School №1180 at the Moscow State Technical University named after N.E. Bauman was founded in 1989. At the Moscow State Technical University named after N.E. Bauman, a special educational complex "School-University" was created, the main element of which was a new type of physics and mathematics school, equipped with the latest technology. The school taught in high school, students were admitted from all districts of Moscow and the Moscow region on a competitive basis. In 2009, the school was reorganized into the Physics and Mathematics Lyceum №1580 at the Moscow State Technical University named after N.E. Bauman by merging with secondary school №537. In 2019, the institution was renamed into the State Budgetary Educational Institution of the City of Moscow "Baumanskaya Engineering School №1580".
Currently, the school has 29 engineering classes, in which 880 people study in the following profiles:
- Natural science (physical and mathematical, physicochemical, chemical and biological);
- Technological (information technology).
The peculiarity of the educational process at the Bauman Engineering School №1580 is the orientation towards the teaching system in higher education, in particular, in the N.E. Bauman. This ensures the continuity of education, contributes to the psychological adaptation of schoolchildren to continue their studies at the university. The school has organized a lecture-seminar system of classes in core disciplines (mathematics and physics), classes in these subjects are combined in streams at lectures, divided into groups at seminars. In order to check the assimilation of knowledge, individual homework is given, colloquiums, semester tests are held.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Physics and Mathematics Lyceum №1580 at the Moscow State Technical University. Bauman
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are provided with:
- One hot meal (breakfast) - all students in grades 1-4;
- Two hot meals a day (breakfast and lunch):
- Children from large families;
- Children left without parental care;
- Children under guardianship or from foster families;
- Disabled children under 18 years old;
- Children whose both or only parents are disabled 1/2 group (single mother / single father);
- Children receiving a survivor's pension;
- Children from low-income families.
Activities Physics and Mathematics Lyceum №1580 at the Moscow State Technical University. Bauman
- The Lyceum has been a member of the project "Engineering class in a Moscow school" since September 2015. The project brings together the efforts of teachers from Moscow schools who have opened engineering classes, the resources of all network institutions of the Moscow Department of Education, centers for technological support of education and the best university specialists. The goal of the project is to provide conditions for the development of natural-science specialized training in engineering, and the formation of students' motivation to choose engineering specialties.
- "Saturday Engineering School" - practice-oriented special courses of the Central Technical College of the Moscow State Technical University. N.E.Bauman.
- The IT class opens up the possibilities of world-class scientific and educational centers, the use of digital technologies to form a healthy lifestyle for schoolchildren.
List of circles of interest and additional classes:
- Living history of science and technology;
- History of the development of mathematical calculations;
- Methods for solving Olympiad problems with parameters;
- Information analytics is a new engineering profession at the Moscow State Technical University. N.E. Bauman. Profession prospects. Features of pre-professional training;
- Project methods of teaching schoolchildren at the Youth Space Center of the Moscow State Technical University. N.E. Bauman;
- Large-scale modeling as a tool for the development of pre-professional competencies of students;
- Solving problems in computer science at the All-Russian and city level Olympiads.
- Targeted admission of applicants to the M.V. N.E. Bauman is conducted to train highly qualified specialists for organizations of the military-industrial complex within the framework of the system of continuing professional education "School-University-Employer".
- Targeted admission of applicants is carried out on a separate competition in accordance with the target admission quota. Applicants who have entered into an agreement on targeted training with the organization of the military-industrial complex (MIC) are allowed to participate in the targeted competition.
- The competition for target places is carried out according to the sum of the USE points. In the process of training, the defense industry organization undertakes obligations to conduct all types of practices for target students + guarantees their employment after successful graduation from the university for up to 3 years.
- MSTU them. N.E. Bauman conducts career guidance events in conjunction with organizations cooperating with the university in targeted training, organizes excursion visits to the country's leading enterprises in their field.
Facilities and equipment at Physics and Mathematics Lyceum №1580 at the Moscow State Technical University. Bauman
The library of the Bauman Engineering School №1580 was founded when the school was opened in 1989. The main fund is 14 798 copies, the fund of educational literature - 62 684 copies + periodicals.
The school library is the most important structural unit of the school: it supports talented children with creative abilities, fosters a thirst for knowledge, allows students to look beyond the pages of a school textbook, and forms the skills and abilities of information retrieval.
A media library has been created in the Lyceum and continues to grow. The curriculum is installed on student computers in the library, teaching notebooks used in lessons.
The school provides children with a set of technical teaching aids to equip specialized engineering classes.
Admission dates and extra charges
Academic year - from September 1 to the end of May, 4 vacation periods (autumn, winter, spring, summer).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to grade 1 is carried out on a general basis.
Admission to grades 5-11 is carried out on the basis of the results of general educational activities:
- Results of the All-Russian Olympiad (winner, medalist);
- Results of the Moscow Olympiad for schoolchildren (winner, prize-winner);
- Results of participation in the final stage of the Olympiad "Step into the Future" (winner, prize-winner);
- Results of participation in "brown-out" olympiads (winner, prize-winner);
- Results of state final certification (at least 75% in specialized subjects, Russian language);
- The results of the entrance tests.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Physics and Mathematics Lyceum №1580 at the Moscow State Technical University. Bauman
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.