Peter the Great Military Academy of Strategic Missile Forces
Description of Peter the Great Military Academy of Strategic Missile Forces
- Location: Balashikha, Russia;
- Students age: from 17 years old;
- Type of : mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Peter the Great Military Academy of the Strategic Missile Forces is one of the leading institutions of higher military and technical education in the country. Within the walls of the university, specialists in military-technical areas and officer personnel of command and engineering profile are eduacted.
The implementation of the educational program at the Military Academy of the Strategic Missile Forces provides for the following forms of organization of cognitive activity of cadets: lectures, practical and seminar classes, extracurricular work (field exercises).
Faculties and colleges
The Military Academy of the Strategic Missile Forces includes 4 faculties:
- special weapons;
- missile weapons;
- automated control systems and robotic systems.
The Academy has a branch in Serpukhov.
Cadets and officers of the Academy annually take part in research activities conducted both by the university itself and on the basis of other educational institutions.
The Academy has created an Academic Council, which conducts research in the field of military-technical areas, creates a platform for the introduction of innovative methods of teaching cadets and the manifestation of students' knowledge in the field of science.
Things to know about
The history of the Military Academy dates back to 1820, with the founding of the Mikhailovsky Artillery School (St. Petersburg), and has the following awards:
- Order of Lenin (1938);
- Order of Suvorov, I degree (1945);
- Order of the October Revolution (1970).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Peter the Great Military Academy of Strategic Missile Forces
Accommodation, meals, prices
Cadets of the Strategic Missile Forces live on the territory of the educational institution. The barracks are equipped with rooms for rest (sleep), leisure rooms, sports facilities and household premises (laundry, bathroom, shower). Married cadets are provided with a room in a family dormitory.
Meals 3 times a day, the menu is varied, includes meat and fish products, vegetables, fruits, cereals, etc.
Activities Peter the Great Military Academy of Strategic Missile Forces
On the territory of the educational institution there is a museum of the history of the Strategic Missile Forces and a house of culture. Every year, cultural events are held for cadets of the Academy: concerts, talent contests, sports competitions.
Facilities and equipment at Peter the Great Military Academy of Strategic Missile Forces
The Military Academy is located in Balashikha (Moscow region). At the disposal of the VA of the Strategic Missile Forces are educational buildings, a stadium, a sports complex, a military shooting range and a shooting range. The educational buildings are equipped with lecture halls, military simulators and laboratories. The ground of the Academy, which is located in the Bogorodsky urban district (Moscow region), is separately equipped.
Admission dates and extra charges
The educational process in the VA of the Strategic Missile Forces is carried out according to the semester system. September 1 is the beginning of the school year, the end depends on the schedule of the educational process. One course consists of two semesters and two intermediate examination sessions.
Additional costs will be minimal, for personal needs. The cost of food and accommodation of cadets is included in the budget of the Academy.
First of all, the applicant is obliged to submit applications to the department of the military commissariat of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation at the place of residence before April 1 of the year of admission to the university. The following package of documents must be collected for the application:
- birth certificate (copy);
- identity and citizenship document (passport, copy);
- characteristics from the place of study, work or military service;
- a document on education and (or) on qualifications confirming it (certificate or diploma, copy);
- 3 photographs (4.5×6 cm);
- service card of a serviceman (if any);
- certificate of the education or the period of study (for students in educational institutions of secondary vocational and higher education).
The admissions committee checks the level of physical fitness of the candidate: endurance, speed and physical strength are checked. In addition, a psychological analysis of each candidate is carried out: selection on a psychological basis is aimed at rationally staffing the Academy with cadets from among citizens.
Cadets graduate from the Military Academy of the Strategic Missile Forces with the rank of lieutenant and undergo mandatory assignment for the passage of the minimum contract or military service in the troops of the Russian Federation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To successfully pass the Strategic Missile Forces named after Peter the Great, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Physical education;
- Successful completion of internal tests of the university;
- Completed secondary general education (11 classes) or secondary vocational education;
- High results of the exam.
Applicants to study at the Academy must undergo a mandatory diagnostic health test.
Scholarships Peter the Great Military Academy of Strategic Missile Forces
Cadets undergoing education in the VA of the Strategic Missile Forces are entitled to receive a monetary allowance. The minimum amount of payments is 11,325 rubles 66 kopecks (minus personal income tax).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Peter the Great Military Academy of Strategic Missile Forces
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.