Oxford International English School New York City
Description of Oxford International English School New York City
- Students age: from 16 years old,
- Location: New York, USA,
- Founded: 1991,
- Type of institution: language school,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
The school is located in the bustling center of New York City, close to famous landmarks and celebrity homes: Rockefeller Center, Broadway, Central Park and Times Square are within walking distance.
Oxford International teachers prefer a style of communication that allows international students to fully immerse themselves in an English-speaking environment. Students learn new material through authentic materials, videos, games, skits, and dialogues based on real-life situations.
On the first day of classes, students take an assessment test, followed by individual consultations in which the teacher finds out the goals, strengths and weaknesses of the student. Once every one to two weeks, students take a verification test, which allows you to check the overall progress of the group and individual students, consolidate the knowledge gained and make adjustments to the program.
After the first confirmatory test, students correct mistakes in class. If the student does not fully understand the topic or cannot solve the problem, the teacher calls him for a 15-minute or full lesson if the topic is too complex and requires a longer study.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Oxford International English School New York City
Accommodation, meals, prices
- Students stay in the residence, which is located near the place of study, which allows students to save time on the road,
- There are American host families to choose from,
- Another accommodation option is the YMCA West Side Hotel.
- The online platform that is provided with the purchase of courses for education includes many textbooks, video recordings of seminars, video tutorials, test reports and much more,
- The staff speaks different languages, so students can ask for help at any time,
- A variety of accommodation options – family, hotel, residence, apartment,
- Class sizes - up to a maximum of 10 people,
- Partnerships with universities and boarding schools in the UK, USA and Canada, for admission to which Oxford International students take special courses in academic English,
- Oxford International students can receive one-on-one homeschooling from a teacher and have the opportunity to study not only English, but also other subjects, including mathematics, science and other iGCSE and A-Level subjects.
Facilities and equipment at Oxford International English School New York City
The school has several comfortable classrooms equipped with air conditioning. There are computers in the classrooms and living rooms, students can socialize and read the latest newspapers, and free Wi-Fi is available to keep in touch with loved ones.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school operates on conditional semesters:
- from January to April,
- from April to July,
- from July to October,
- from October to December.
- Administrative fee,
- Study materials,
- Transfer from the airport,
- Accommodation fee.
After completing the education, you can enroll in one of the school's partner universities or prepare for the entrance exam. If you are already actively working, then studying at the Oxford International School of English will help you achieve new career successes with your newly acquired knowledge.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Oxford International English School New York City
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.