Orthodox secondary school of St. Alexander Nevsky
Description of Orthodox secondary school of St. Alexander Nevsky
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
- Founded: 1992
- Students age: 6.5-17 years
- Number of students: 200
- Type of training: blended
- Language of instruction: Russian.
SPb NOU "Orthodox secondary school of the Holy Right Prince Alexander Nevsky" has been operating since 1992. This educational institution was created on the basis of the educational institution “Gymnasium of Lingua”, founded by the St. Petersburg Public Fund for the Preservation of Monuments of Orthodox Culture and History named after the Holy Blessed Grand Prince Alexander Nevsky “Strengthening Orthodox Traditions”. The school pays great attention to creating a friendly environment, high quality education. The Orthodox school is a unique experience involving the compulsory study of religion, the history of the church, the participation of children in school services, church holidays.
The educational organization is located in St. Petersburg on the street. Telmana, d. 48, building 2, lit. A.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Orthodox secondary school of St. Alexander Nevsky
Accommodation, meals, prices
- Monday - Friday from 10.00 to 14.00.
Activities Orthodox secondary school of St. Alexander Nevsky
Holding church and secular holidays, regular cultural and historical excursions, trips to holy places, classes in a choir group, participation in Orthodox exhibitions - all this allows students to develop intellectual abilities, a sense of beauty, to educate a holistic personality based on the Orthodox worldview, prepared for receiving professional education, activities in a consciously chosen socially useful field, to form a healthy lifestyle.
The school offers students a supplementary education program “Fundamentals of the Orthodox Faith”. The program involves a gradual deepening, expansion of doctrinal knowledge, takes into account the specifics of the age and psychological-pedagogical characteristics of students. The logic of constructing the course is based on the patristic tradition, the experience of teaching the Law of God in the educational institutions of the Russian Empire, Russian foreign countries of the 20th century, and domestic teaching experience over the past twenty years.
Orthodox secondary school of the Holy Blessed Alexander Nevsky offers:
- Work with a highly professional teaching staff
- Classes in a computer class, the development of new information technologies
- Safe social environment, comfortable learning environment, good nutrition, medical care
- Compulsory study of Orthodox disciplines in the framework of additional education (acquaintance with the church, Orthodox worship, the participation of children in church sacraments).
Facilities and equipment at Orthodox secondary school of St. Alexander Nevsky
- The school building is located in a fenced, guarded area.
- There is an assembly hall in the building for organizing students ’concert activities and celebrations.
- A 24-hour shift helps ensure order and security during the educational process.
- The computer class is equipped with stationary, laptop computers with a connection to a LAN, the Internet. Students during classes, as well as in their free time, have access to information systems, information and telecommunication networks for using information and educational resources. Centralized content filtering is carried out on all computers of the institution, guaranteeing 100% protection against dangerous and unwanted materials.
- For practical demonstration, laboratory studies, licensed software, teaching and methodological recommendations for teachers in the course of work using computer technology, providing the practical part of the work.
- Physical education classes are held in the gym and outdoors in the surrounding area.
- On the territory of the school there is a house temple.
- Students have access to a stocked library.
- The school constantly has a medical office.
The educational process is accompanied by consultations of a teacher-psychologist.
Admission dates and extra charges
The Orthodox secondary school of St. Blessed Alexander Nevsky works from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. five days a week, the duration of the lesson is 45 minutes.
Curriculum, including (daily):
- Walking, active-motor, physical-health-improving activity - 2.5 hours
- Self-training, homework advice
- Individual correctional classes
- An afternoon snack.
Classes begin at 9 hours 00 minutes, the duration of the changes is 10 minutes, after the second and fourth lessons - 20 minutes. No lessons are allowed. The break between the classes is 10 minutes. All individual lessons are held with an interval of 40 minutes - after the last lesson.
- Grade 1 (from the second half of the year) - take up to 1 hour
- Grade 2 - up to one and a half hours
- 3-4 grade - up to 2 hours
- Grade 5-6 - up to 2.5 hours
- Grades 7-8 - up to 3 hours
- Grades 9-11 - up to 4 hours.
In the first half of the first grade, training is conducted without homework.
An elementary day group is organized for elementary school students. Group working hours: Monday-Friday from 14.00 to 18.00.
The cost of the services of an extended day group is 3000 rubles / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to Grade 1:
- Age - 6.5 years in the absence of contraindications for health reasons, but no later than reaching 8 years. Admission of children at an earlier or later age to study at school at the request of parents (legal representatives) is possible with the permission of the founder.
- Applications for admission to the 1st classes are accepted in the period from February 1 to August 31 of the current year.
- Enrollment is made out by order of the director as classes are completed, not earlier than May 30, but no later than August 31 of the current year, is brought to the attention of parents (legal representatives).
School enrollment for basic, secondary education, continuing primary education:
- Students are accepted at the request of parents (legal representatives), applications are accepted from August 20 to September 20 or at the end of six months (a quarter) of the current school year.
- The applicant is tested in Russian, mathematics no later than one week from the moment of enrollment.
List of documents:
- Student’s personal card with the results of training in past years
- Copy of birth certificate or copy of passport (if available)
- Copy of insurance certificate (SNILS)
- Child’s medical record (certificate of the possibility of studying at a secondary school)
- Certificate of registration of residence of the child in St. Petersburg or other relevant document.
Other documents may be provided if the applicant applies for benefits established by the legislation of the Russian Federation or St. Petersburg.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Orthodox secondary school of St. Alexander Nevsky
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.