Orenburg State University, OSU
Description of Orenburg State University, OSU
- Location: Orenburg, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Orenburg State University is the largest university in the region, one of the top 100 best universities in the country. Within the walls of OSU, specialists in various fields are educated. Due to the competent combination of traditional education and innovative methods, OSU graduates are in demand at enterprises not only in the region and the country, but also abroad.
Faculties and colleges
OSU consists of 10 faculties and 7 institutes:
- Institute of Energy, Electronics and Communications,
- Aerospace Institute,
- Institute of Earth Sciences,
- Faculty of Architecture and Civil Engineering,
- Faculty of Finance and Economics,
- Faculty of Applied Biotechnology and Engineering,
- Faculty of Chemistry and Biology, etc.
In addition, OSU includes:
- OSU University College;
- Buzuluk College of Industry and Transport of OSU;
- Buzuluk Institute of Humanities and Technology (branch) of OSU;
- Orsk Humanitarian and Technological Institute (branch) of OSU;
- Kumertau branch of OSU;
- Museum of University History.
On the basis of OSU, scientific publications are published:
- Newspaper "Orenburg University";
- Scientific journal "OsU Bulletin";
- Academic journal "Intellect. Innovation. Investments";
- Scientific journal "Step into Science".
Things to know about
In 2016, OSU signed open-ended cooperation agreements with the Universities of Hiroshima and Ehime (Japan).
OSU is a member of the Association of Classical Universities of Russia (ACUR) and the Educational and Methodological Association (UMO) for classical university education.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Orenburg State University, OSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For accommodation of non-resident and foreign students, 5 dormitories are equipped.
- 3 buildings — corridor type. The rooms are occupied by 2-3 people, kitchens are equipped, there are showers, laundries, buffets, rooms for self-study.
- 2 buildings have an apartment-type layout. Each residential block of these dormitories has a separate kitchen, balcony, shower room, bathroom. From 3 to 9 people live in the blocks.
For meals of students and teachers equipped with 3 canteens.
Activities Orenburg State University, OSU
Student life at OSU is full of various cultural events. Students take part in concerts, competitions:
- Student Spring;
- "Miss OSU Student";
- Tatiana's Day;
- Knowledge Day.
OSU has student clubs:
- Intellectual Games Club;
- Club of lovers of Japanese culture;
- German Club;
- KVN teams;
- Patriotic club, etc.
Facilities and equipment at Orenburg State University, OSU
The main part of osu educational buildings is located in the city center. In total, the University has about 9 educational buildings at its disposal.
All lecture-type classrooms are equipped with whiteboards and multimedia equipment (computers, projectors, sound recording and sound reproducing devices). Classrooms for practical exercises are additionally equipped with information racks and stands, machine tools, measuring instruments and other technical equipment.
At the disposal of students there are 3 libraries and sports facilities:
- 7 sports halls;
- sports and recreation hall;
- OSU Stadium;
- table tennis hall;
- 2 aerobics halls;
- judo hall;
There are 2 student polyclinics.
Admission dates and extra charges
September 1 is the beginning of the academic year at OSU. The end of the school year depends on the schedule of the educational process. One course consists of two semesters and two intermediate examination sessions.
Holidays during one academic year are 7-10 weeks in duration, excluding holidays.
The average cost of living on campus is 1200 rubles per month.
Acceptance of documents for full-time education at OSU begins on June 20 of this year. At the same time, an applicant can apply for 5 directions. Deadlines for the reception of documents:
- Until July 15 - for persons entering on the basis of the results of entrance examinations conducted by OSU independently;
- Until July 25 - for persons entering the unified state exam.
You can submit documents in three ways:
- personally to the admissions office;
- by mail;
- in electronic form (for example, through the portal "Public Services").
Today, more than 20,000 students study at OSU. Every year more than 1600 places are allocated for the education of persons at the expense of the budget.
The most popular directions:
- Informatics and Computer Engineering;
- Electric Power Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
More than 85% of OSU graduates get a job in the first year after graduation. On the basis of the University there is the Center for Employment and Career of OSU: its main task is to assist graduates in employment and internships for students at enterprises.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For successful admission to OSU, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests.
Scholarships Orenburg State University, OSU
Payment of scholarships to students is made in accordance with the Regulation on scholarship provision and other forms of material support:
- The minimum amount of the state academic scholarship is 3987.58 rubles.
- The minimum amount of the state social scholarship is 5983.47 rubles.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Orenburg State University, OSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.