Omsk State Pedagogical University
Description of Omsk State Pedagogical University
- Location: Omsk;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
OmSPU is one of the leading pedagogical universities in Russia, the largest educational complex in Western Siberia with a long history and unchanged scientific, methodological and cultural traditions.
The subject of the university's activities is:
- implementation of the main educational programs of primary, secondary, higher and postgraduate vocational education, additional professional educational programs, as well as basic general education programs of primary, basic and secondary general education in accordance with federal standards and requirements, guided by the standard regulations on educational institutions and local regulations of the institution;
- conducting fundamental and applied scientific research, developments in the profile of The Omsk State Pedagogical University in accordance with the thematic plan of scientific and technical work implemented at the expense of budgetary funds;
- advanced training and professional retraining of specialists with higher professional education, pedagogical and scientific-pedagogical personnel of the highest qualification.
Faculties and colleges
- history, philosophy and law;
- foreign languages;
- mathematics, computer science, physics and technology;
- primary, pre-school and special education;
- psychology and pedagogy;
- economics, management, service and tourism;
- natural science education;
- University College of Omsk State Pedagogical University;
- Academic Lyceum of OmSPU;
- Institute of Additional Education.
OmSPU was awarded a certificate of quality in the field of education, its scientific schools became known and gained authority in the scientific community. The university has 4 research laboratories responsible for innovations in the field of biology, biochemistry, physics and robotics. To date, laboratories conduct scientific research on algebra, biology, geoinformatics, national history, pedagogy, psychology, theory and methodology of teaching computer science and mathematics, philology, chemistry, philosophy.
Students of the university actively conduct scientific activities, annually participate in the university-wide scientific and practical conference, in traditional conferences at faculties, competitions and exhibitions of student works. The number of students engaged in research activities is growing annually, and their scientific achievements are presented at international, all-Russian and regional scientific conferences and forums.
Things to know about
Omsk State Pedagogical University occupies a worthy place among the educational institutions of the city in terms of the number of foreign students and trainees. The Department of International Cooperation of the University and its Interuniversity Center for International Cooperation and Academic Mobility organize the international exchange of teachers, researchers and students, accepting foreign students. The department also conducts various tests in foreign languages and state testing in the Russian language for migrant workers and those wishing to obtain Russian citizenship.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Omsk State Pedagogical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The campus of OmSPU includes three well-equipped dormitories, two of which are interconnected by a covered passage, in which there is a shaping room and a buffet. Accommodation in the dormitory rooms takes place taking into account the wishes of students. Students are provided with Internet access.
Two dormitories are adjacent to the main building of the university, and within walking distance from them is the Omsk State Regional Scientific Library and the Cultural and Leisure Center. Nearby are the main routes of the city's public transport.
Each building of the university is provided with canteens and buffets.
Activities Omsk State Pedagogical University
The tradition of OmSPU has become the annual holding of the Day of Knowledge, the Debut of the First Year Student, Teacher's Day, the Birthday of the University, the Rector's Ball, the Sports Tournament, the Student Spring Festival, etc. The Volunteer Center operates at the university and the student people's squad is actively working.
Student associations = carry out their activities in several directions:
- artistic (various directions of choreography, KVN team, vocal studio, academic choir, student theater, etc.);
- tourist and local lore (organization of excursions, hikes, rafting and tourist gatherings);
- scientific and cognitive (intellectual quiz);
- social and pedagogical (volunteer detachments, legal advisory service, Counselor's School);
- self-management (student councils of faculties and joint student councils);
- sports (organization of the work of various sports sections).
Facilities and equipment at Omsk State Pedagogical University
The University is equipped with modern technical and interactive equipment, a strong educational and material base and an advanced social infrastructure, which includes:
- 5 educational buildings;
- 3 comfortable dormitories;
- A unique field hospital in the north of the Omsk region;
- Agrobiological station;
- Student Sports Club;
- 4 research laboratories;
- Publishing house;
- Editorial board of the scientific journal;
- Museum of Archaeology and Ethnography;
- Museum of Omsk State Pedagogical University;
- First-aid post;
- Technopark of universal pedagogical competencies.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year in OmSPU begins on September 1 and ends on the basis of the curriculum of the relevant educational program.
- Counselor's School;
- Conversational practice of the French language (at the level of A1, A2, B1, B2);
- Local history and excursion studies;
- English (at beginner and elementary level);
- "Discover the artist in you";
- Small foreign language (French, German, Spanish);
- Art of Photography;
- Additional education of children, schoolchildren (preparation for the Unified State Exam);
- Professional retraining.
Together with the application for admission to OmSPU, the applicant provides:
- identity and citizenship document:
- document on education;
- document on registration in the individual accounting system (if any);
- a document on disability or disability;
- a document confirming the existence of special rights to admission;
- documents on individual achievements;
- photographs (for applicants based on the results of entrance examinations conducted by OmSPU independently).
Terms of admission to the university for undergraduate programs:
- the start of accepting applications is June 1;
- completion of the reception of documents for those undergoing additional entrance tests of creative and professional orientation - July 20;
- completion of the reception of documents for those undergoing other entrance examinations conducted by the Omsk State Pedagogical University independently - July 20;
- completion of the reception of documents without entrance examinations - July 25;
- completion of the entrance examinations, which are conducted by the university independently - July 25.
Annually OmSPU produces about 2000 people.
Graduates of Omsk State Pedagogical University are sought-after specialists not only in many regions of our country, but also abroad. Quality education, supported by the scientific, educational and experimental base of the university, allows graduates to find themselves in a variety of fields, but a special pride for the university are specialists devoted to the teaching profession.
Since 2010, the Omsk State Pedagogical University has been operating the Center for Professional Adaptation and Employment of Students and Graduates, which accompanies young specialists by organizing consultations, advanced training courses, support in competitions, scientific and practical conferences and training on the transition to new federal standards. Within the framework of this center, there is a recruitment agency that provides students and graduates of the university with information on the situation on the pedagogical labor market in the Omsk region, reflects current events, vacancies in the Omsk region and in other regions of Russia, thematic articles and much more.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants who have the appropriate education, confirmed by a document on secondary, secondary vocational or higher education and qualifications, are allowed to study at The Omsk State Pedagogical University.
Admission to the university takes place on a competitive basis: for bachelor's programs (except for those eligible for admission without entrance tests) according to the results of the Unified State Exam, which are equated to the result of entrance examinations or on the basis of the results of entrance examinations that OmSPU conducts independently.
On the university's website there is a "Use Calculator", which, if you specify the subjects necessary for passing, will reflect the list of possible specialties for the development of specialties for further submission of documents for admission.
Scholarships Omsk State Pedagogical University
The University provides state academic, state social and corresponding advanced options for full-time students on the budget, state academic and state social scholarships to students studying in the specialties of secondary vocational education.
For success in educational, research and creative activities, for active participation in the public life of the university, students of The Omsk State Pedagogical University can apply for a scholarship of the Governor of the Omsk Region, a scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation or other types of support.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Omsk State Pedagogical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.