Novosibirsk State University of Architecture, Design and Arts named after A.D. Kryachkov, NGUADI
Description of Novosibirsk State University of Architecture, Design and Arts named after A.D. Kryachkov, NGUADI
- Location: Novosibirsk, Russia;
- Age of students: 15+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The University was founded on September 1, 1989 as the Novosibirsk Architectural Institute on the basis of the Faculty of Architecture of the Novosibirsk Engineering and Construction Institute named after V.V. Kuibyshev. In 2019, the university was named after Andrey Dmitrievich Kryachkov.
Faculties and colleges
- Faculty of Urban Planning and Architecture;
- Faculty of Design and Arts;
- Faculty of Continuing Professional Education;
- NGUADI College.
Scientific schools of NGUADI:
- "Theory and history of architecture, restoration and reconstruction of historical and architectural heritage";
- "Architecture of buildings and structures. Creative concepts of architectural activity";
- "Urban planning, planning of rural settlements";
- "Fine and Decorative Arts and Architecture".
The main directions of development of scientific research in the scientific schools of the university:
- fundamental scientific research in the field of history, theory of architecture and decorative and applied arts;
- popularization of the results of scientific research of the university through the wide publication of their results in the scientific and technical press and the publication of monographs;
- wide implementation of the results of scientific research in the practice of design;
- development of the university's human resources for the effective implementation of educational, scientific and creative activities;
- development of research activities and training of highly qualified personnel to attract additional resources to improve the efficiency of the organization: personnel, intellectual, financial, material.
In 2020, NGUADI was awarded the status of the Federal Innovation Platform.
Things to know about
Qualitative composition of the teaching staff, taking into account part-time employees:
- Doctors of Science – 18;
- Candidates of Sciences – 65;
- professors – 14;
- associate professors – 44;
- members of creative unions – 34.
The university has created a system of civil defense, prevention and elimination of emergencies.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Novosibirsk State University of Architecture, Design and Arts named after A.D. Kryachkov, NGUADI
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university has a dormitory in the immediate vicinity of the educational building. The dormitory building is five-storey, brick, corridor type, built in 1970 The hostel has, in addition to living rooms, a sanitary unit, including showers and a laundry. All rooms are equipped with a fire alarm system and warning people about fire, the building itself has an individual heat point.
The university has a canteen for 100 seats.
Activities Novosibirsk State University of Architecture, Design and Arts named after A.D. Kryachkov, NGUADI
Extracurricular activities at the university are conducted in the following areas:
- civil-patriotic and spiritual-moral;
- cultural and mass activities;
- research and creative work;
- sports and recreation work.
Student groups of NGUADI:
- Vocal studio;
- Photo Club;
- Sketch Studio;
- Walking club "We are on the way";
- Cinema Club.
- table tennis;
Activities held with the participation of students:
- Regional Music Competition "Univervision";
- All-Russian Competition of Educational Creative Projects of Students and Postgraduates "Architecture and Urban studies";
- Student Festival of Paper and Conceptual Architecture "BUM";
- Championship of NGUADI in various sports;
- Meetings with outstanding people, architects, musicians, designers;
- Online seminars, master classes and webinars;
- Universiade among students of higher educational institutions of the Novosibirsk region;
- Excursions and exhibitions;
- All-Russian Student Olympiad with international participation "I am a DESIGNER";
- Festival of Ensemble and Choral Art "Voices of Spring";
- International Design Festival "Krasny Prospekt";
- International Exhibition of Contemporary Art "Russian Art Week";
- International Historical Dictation on the Events of the Great Patriotic War – "Dictation of Victory";
- Action "St. George's Ribbon";
- National Open Championship of Creative Competencies ArtMasters;
- Athletics relay in memory of Marshal A.I. Pokryshkin, dedicated to the Victory in the Great Patriotic War;
- International Exhibition of Watercolors "Watercolor with Love";
- Stylist King International Stylist Competition;
- International Festival of Fashion and Style "Siberian Couturier" and others.
Facilities and equipment at Novosibirsk State University of Architecture, Design and Arts named after A.D. Kryachkov, NGUADI
The university has the necessary number of classrooms:
- 3 classrooms for in-line lectures;
- 29 classrooms for practical exercises:
- project studios;
- 7 computer classes.
- scientific and technical library with a reading room and an electronic reading room;
31 classrooms are equipped with multimedia equipment:
- projector and screen (or TV);
- interactive whiteboards.
Plus specially equipped rooms for practical classes in creative disciplines. For better assimilation of the educational material, classrooms are equipped with:
- thematic stands;
- visual aids.
Premises for independent work of students are equipped with computer equipment with the ability to connect to the network and access to the electronic information and educational environment of NGUADI. NGUADI has all the necessary set of licensed software.
For sports, sports events, the university has a sports hall, a medical office is organized.
For research work at the university there are:
- departments and temporary creative teams organized within them;
- Scientific and Educational Center;
- Museum of the History of Architecture of Siberia named after S.N. Balandin.
In 2021, workshops were created at NGUADI, the task of which is to organize practice-oriented, research and project activities of students:
- information modeling;
- urban planning and urbanism;
- environmental design;
- visual environment;
- communication design;
- and decorative works;
- industrial design;
The campus has a video surveillance system:
- in the educational building — 74 video surveillance cameras and 3 monitors;
- there are 57 cameras and 4 monitors in the dormitory.
Protection of objects is carried out by the private security company "Absolute".
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each of which ends with a test-examination session.
Additional expenses of students may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
List of documents:
- Identity and citizenship document;
- Document on education;
- Documents confirming special rights and (or) individual achievements.
The total number of students at NGUADI is about 1500 people.
The main directions of work of NSUADI graduates:
- bodies of state power and municipal self-government;
- controlling and expert organizations;
- design institutes;
- construction companies;
- architectural bureaus;
- design studio;
- companies for the development of sites and IT-applications;
- landscape design industry;
- printing companies;
- large printing houses and advertising agencies of the city;
- furniture manufacturing companies;
- a company for the design and tailoring of clothes;
- novosibirsk Technopark companies;
- children's art schools;
- creative teams as costume and graphic design artists;
- leather goods factories;
- creative workshops.
Enterprises - partners in the employment of NSUADI graduates:
- Government of the Novosibirsk Region;
- Novosibirsk City Hall;
- Administration of the districts of the city and the Novosibirsk region;
- Spectum Group of Companies;
- LLC "BM Design";
- AVELON LLC;
- Leroy Merlin Vostok LLC;
- PIK LLC;
- IC "Brusnika";
- LLC "PIK-project" and others.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Mathematics – 45;
- Russian language – 50;
- History – 45;
- Foreign language – 45;
- Literature – 45;
- Social Studies – 45.
Scholarships Novosibirsk State University of Architecture, Design and Arts named after A.D. Kryachkov, NGUADI
- State Academic Scholarship;
- Increased state academic scholarship;
- State social scholarship;
- State social scholarship in an increased amount;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Personal scholarships.
In addition, the university provides material support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Novosibirsk State University of Architecture, Design and Arts named after A.D. Kryachkov, NGUADI
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.