Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin), NSUASU
Description of Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin), NSUASU
- Location: Novosibirsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
NGASU (Sibstrin) is the largest educational, scientific and production center in the Siberian Federal District, performing fundamental and applied scientific research on a wide range of problems. The University educates highly qualified specialists in the field of architecture, engineering and economics, NSUACE is among the universities of Russia in terms of the demand for graduates in the labor market.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of NSUASU (Sibstrin) includes 6 institutes and 2 faculties:
- Institute of Architecture and Urban Planning;
- Institute of International Affairs;
- Institute of Construction;
- Design Institute "Sibstrinproekt";
- Institute of Digital and Engineering Technologies;
- Institute of Additional Education;
- Faculty of Engineering and Ecology;
- Faculty of Evening and Correspondence Studies.
NSUASU (Sibstrin) annually publishes two periodical scientific journals:
- "Proceedings of NSASU";
- "Proceedings of Higher Educational Institutions".
In addition, regional, all-Russian and international research conferences are held on the basis of the university.
Things to know about
In 2002, NSUACE (Sibstrin) was accredited by the International Institute of Builders (ICE, London) in the direction of "Construction". In addition, the university received a certificate of the International Educational Community (IES, London) in the direction of "Management".
In 2015, the UNESCO International Chair "Environmentally Safe Technologies of Environmental Engineering and Water Use" was created and included in the structure of NSUASU.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin), NSUASU
Accommodation, meals, prices
Nonresident or foreign citizens who study full-time in accordance with the procedure are provided with a place in a dormitory. The procedure for providing housing is regulated by the administrative documents of the NSASU. In total, the university has 4 dormitories at its disposal, one of which is equipped for people with disabilities. 4 buildings of the hostel accommodate 1253 students.
Meals are organized in 3 canteens located throughout the campus
Activities Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin), NSUASU
Extracurricular activities at NSUACE (Sibstrin) provide an opportunity for students to take a break from their studies and establish social ties with each other. Every year, events dedicated to public holidays and traditions of the university are held within the walls of the university:
- Initiation into freshmen;
- Parade of Russian students;
- Festival "Time of the First";
- Builder's Day;
- Student Spring.
In addition to the holidays, meetings with leading Russian and foreign architects are held, students attend excursions, go to museums.
Facilities and equipment at Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin), NSUASU
NGASU (Sibstrin) is a developed university complex with a total area of 17 hectares in the center of Novosibirsk. The campus includes:
- 4 educational buildings, where all types of sessions are held;
- 1 educational and sports building: the building is certified for holding competitions of international level, is one of the best sports and recreation complexes in the city;
- ski base;
- shooting gallery;
- health post;
- recreation center "Sosnovka".
On the territory of the university there are sections for 17 kinds of sports.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at NSUACE (Sibstrin) is organized on the basis of legislative acts of the Russian Federation and consists of two semesters (autumn and spring). Each semester ends with an examination session and vacation weekends. Holidays are divided into winter (2 weeks, January) and summer (2 months, July-August).
The main expenses of students include:
- Payment for accommodation in the hostel;
- Transportation costs;
- Household expenses;
- Leisure expenses.
The cost of living in a hostel is from 200 rubles per month.
The admission committee for full-time education begins no later than June 20 and lasts until July 25 inclusive. The applicant must submit the following documents:
- Identity and citizenship document (passport);
- A document of the established sample on education (certificate and / or diploma);
- Documents confirming the basis for passing entrance examinations for a separate category of applicants;
- A document confirming the right to admission within a special quota;
- Conclusion of the federal institution ITU on the absence of contraindications for studying at the University (mandatory for disabled persons of I and II groups, disabled children, disabled since childhood, etc.);
- SNILS (if any);
- Medical certificate (for individual specialties);
- Documents confirming the existence of special rights and / or advantages in admission, established by the legislation of the Russian Federation;
- Documents confirming individual achievements;
- 2 photos.
Documents can be submitted in three convenient ways:
- Personally to the admissions committee;
- Through the portal "Public Services";
- By mail.
Currently, about 6,000 people are studying at the university. The most popular areas of educationare:
- Construction – 503 students;
- Architecture – 83 students;
- Information systems and technologies – 84 students.
On the basis of NSASU (Sibstrin), the Center for Employment, Student Employment and Industrial Practices operates, which supports students in internships and further employment.
Every day, current vacancies are published on the official website of the university. One of the main partners of NSASU is JSC "Siberian Anthracite".
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to NSUACE (Sibstrin) in the areas of higher education, the following requirements are put forward to applicants:
- Completed education: secondary specialized and/or secondary general;
- Successful completion of entrance tests or the Unified State Exam (including for citizens of foreign countries).
The minimum number of passing points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Mathematics – 39;
- Russian language – 40;
- History – 35;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Physics – 39;
- Biology – 39;
- Chemistry – 39;
- Social Studies – 45;
- Informatics and ICT – 44.
Scholarships Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin), NSUASU
NSUASU (Sibstrin) implements a program of material support for full-time students. The main types of scholarship fees at the university:
- State Academic Scholarship;
- Additional increased scholarship;
- State social scholarship;
- Increased social scholarship.
The amount of the scholarship is established annually by the order of the rector based on the size of the scholarship fund and the number of recipients of scholarships of all types.
In addition, students can apply for scholarships such as:
- Scholarship of the Novosibirsk City Hall;
- Scholarship of the Governor of the Novosibirsk Region named after A.D. Kryachkov;
- Scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarship of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Employers' scholarships.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Novosibirsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (Sibstrin), NSUASU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.