Novosibirsk State Theatre Institute, NGTI
Description of Novosibirsk State Theatre Institute, NGTI
- Location: Novosibirsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Theatre Institute was founded in 2003 during the reorganization of the Novosibirsk State Theatre School, established in 1960. At the moment, the university carries out professional training of personnel in the field of drama, musical theater, pop artists and puppeteer actors.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process of the university is carried out on the basis of the faculty of NGTI.
Things to know about
At the heart of the education of the school were such famous personalities as Nikolai Fedorovich Mikhailov and Elena Gerasimovna Agaronova - People's Artists of the RSFSR, as well as Vera Pavlovna Redlikh - the chief director of the drama theater "Red Torch".
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Novosibirsk State Theatre Institute, NGTI
Accommodation, meals, prices
The Institute does not have its own dormitory. For students and employees, the institute organized buffets for 30 seats in two academic buildings.
Activities Novosibirsk State Theatre Institute, NGTI
For a rich student life, the university organizes the following events:
- Regional Open Competition of Performers of the Artistic Word named after V. I. Shironina;
- All-Russian competition of student directorial works "Guests from the Future";
- All-Russian Open Competition of Performers of the Artistic Word "Novonikolayevsk-Novosibirsk";
- All-Russian Open Competition in Biomechanics, dedicated to V. E. Meyerhold;
- University competition of independent student acting and directing works "I";
- University competition of student plastic and dance works "Smart Body";
- University competition of vocal student works "You sing, youth!";
- Festival of diploma performances of NGTI "First Stage";
- University Festival of Vocal Ensembles "From Two to Infinity";
- University Festival "Autumn of the Playwright";
- University competition of student video works "25th frame".
Facilities and equipment at Novosibirsk State Theatre Institute, NGTI
The educational process of the Institute is carried out in 3 educational buildings. For lectures, seminars, classrooms are provided that have the necessary logistical support in the form of projectors, screens, televisions and speakers, double-sided boards and a piano. For plastic disciplines, including sports, dance classes equipped with musical equipment, special props, sports swords and swords are intended. All classrooms are equipped with air conditioning and lighting systems.
The institute also provides students with access to the library. The library fund consists of more than 35 thousand documents, including printed and electronic publications, educational, scientific and artistic publications.
Admission dates and extra charges
In NSTI, the learning process in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given holidays (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at NSTI, students assume the following additional costs:
- to pay for accommodation;
- additional expenses for leisure and recreation.
For admission to the NSTI, the applicant must provide the following list of documents to the admission committee:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at the reception;
- Photography (for each contest);
- A document confirming registration in the individual accounting system (if any).
The documents that are necessary for admission are sent to the Academy in one of the following ways:
- Personally to the admissions office;
- By mail;
- In electronic form to the mail of the admission committee;
- In electronic form through EPGU (super service "Enter the university online").
In 2022, 82 applicants were able to enter the theater institute.
The Institute promotes the employment of its graduates by cooperating with the following organizations:
- Nizhnevartovsk Theater for Young Spectators;
- SKO d. p. Kudryashovsky;
- State Russian Drama Theater named after N. A. Bestuzhev (Ulan-Ude);
- Kansk Drama Theatre;
- Student squads;
- Sakhalin International Theatre Center named after A. P. Chekhov;
- Lysva Theater named after A. A. Savin;
- Yaroslavl Theater of young spectators;
- Ivanovo Regional Drama Theater.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the educational programs of the specialization, the applicant must:
- Completed education not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the Unified State Exam are not lower:
- Russian language — 36;
- Literature — 32.
- Points obtained on the basis of the results of the introductory creative competition, consisting of three rounds, are not lower than 45.
Scholarships Novosibirsk State Theatre Institute, NGTI
NSTI provides students of budgetary full-time education with the following types of material support:
- State Academic Scholarship;
- State social scholarship;
- Scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarship of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Personal scholarships;
- Scholarships for students, assigned by legal entities or individuals, including those who sent them to study;
- Scholarships for students of preparatory departments.
In addition, the institute provides material assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Novosibirsk State Theatre Institute, NGTI
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.