NOU "German Petersule Gymnasium"
Description of NOU "German Petersule Gymnasium"
- Year of foundation: 1998
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
- Age of students: 5-18 years old
- Type of institution: private school
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Type of studying: mixed.
The German Peterschule Gymnasium was founded in 1998 by members of the German cultural community of St. Petersburg and for more than twenty years of work has gone through an intensive development path, becoming one of the best private schools in the city and country. The educational system is strictly individualized and helps each student to achieve impressive results in studies, sports, creativity and other aspects.
The gymnasium provides high-quality preparatory programs, primary, secondary and high school courses + an extensive branch of additional education. All students study foreign languages in depth (mainly German and English). Most students attend after-school groups and are under the constant supervision of teachers and specialists. The gymnasium maintains partnerships with educational institutions in Germany: educational visits and exchange programs are in place, students have the opportunity to receive an “International Language Diploma”. The best graduates of the gymnasium can get a scholarship to study in the elite German gymnasium "Luisenlund".
The Peterschule German Gymnasium has an extensive department of supplementary education, where courses and classes of various types are available:
- Different types of art and creativity
- Choral singing
- Playing musical instruments
- Sport and sports games
- In-depth study of German and English
- Preparation for state exams
- School guides
- Theater art (studio in English)
- In-depth study of disciplines.
The intensity of courses is determined individually.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in NOU "German Petersule Gymnasium"
Accommodation, meals, prices
The educational institution operates as a day school and does not provide accommodation. Students are at school almost all day (in the extended-day groups), and receive good nutrition several times a day: meals are prepared from fresh and high-quality products, it is possible to choose certain types of diets.
Activities NOU "German Petersule Gymnasium"
The educational system of the gymnasium includes not only classes in the subjects of the school curriculum, but also an extensive range of sports, creative, and spiritual-moral plans, which helps the process of comprehensive development. Additional education is conducted in several areas:
- Artistic and aesthetic
- Sports and recreation, tourist and local lore
Circles and sections:
- Art studio
- Theater Studio (in Russian, German and English)
- Sport games
- Science community.
Additional and creative courses:
- History and culture of St. Petersburg
- "Workshop of Creative Writing"
- Entertaining mathematics
- Psychology in primary school
- Foreign languages
- "Young Guide"
- Theater in English
- English through projects.
Events and excursions:
- Museum day
- Book day
- Day of the city
- Action of good
- Victory Day
- "Our multinational world"
- Theaters and theater performances
- Cinema and film screenings
- Visiting museums and galleries
- City Tours and Surroundings
- Olympiads and creative contests
- Entertaining and educational trips and events
- Foreign educational trips
- Meeting with famous people
- Speeches school groups.
- Prestigious and famous private gymnasium
- Quality Programs
- Top methodological developments
- In-depth study of subjects and foreign languages.
Facilities and equipment at NOU "German Petersule Gymnasium"
The school building is equipped in the best way - there is everything you need for comfortable study, sports and creative activities, and pastime:
- Department of kindergarten
- Computer and multimedia equipment (including interactive whiteboards and projectors)
- Computer classroom
- Language lab
- Laboratory kits in physics, chemistry, biology
- Sports fields
- Special dance hall
- Creative cabinets
- Medical room
- Classrooms for teachers
- Creative and musical audiences
- High speed internet
- Security and safety systems.
Admission dates and extra charges
Beginning of studies: September. The school year is divided into 4 quarters:
- First: September-end of October (holidays from October 27 to November 3)
- Second: November-end of December (holidays from December 29 to January 12)
- Third: January-end of March (holidays from March 23 to March 31)
- Fourth: April-end of May.
- Registration fee
- Mandatory fees (tutorials)
- Exam Board
- Personal pocket expenses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
- Written application and set of documents
- Personal business student and report card from a previous place of study (when transferring from another school)
- Testing in the main subjects of the school program.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about NOU "German Petersule Gymnasium"
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.