Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, NNGASU
Description of Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, NNGASU
- Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia;
- Age of students: 17+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The University was founded on June 23, 1930 on the basis of the Faculty of Civil Engineering of Nizhny Novgorod State University. The functions and powers of the founder of the university on behalf of the Russian Federation are carried out by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia.
Faculties and colleges
Structural subdivisions of the university:
- 4 faculties:
- General technical;
- Engineering and construction;
- Engineering and ecological systems and structures;
- Architecture and design;
- 2 institutes:
- business technologies;
- Interdisciplinary Institute for Advanced Eduaction and Reeducation of Personnel.
The university includes 34 departments assigned to the faculties and the institute, and the UNESCO Chair "Environmentally Friendly Development of a Large Region - the Volga Basin".
NNGASU is a center of research and innovation activities in the field of architecture and construction in the Nizhny Novgorod region and the Volga Federal District, one of the leading centers in the Russian Federation.
In the reporting year 2021, scientific and pedagogical employees of NNGASU participated in competitive programs for the right to receive grants from the Russian Foundation for Basic Research:
- "Research and development of algorithms for automating the transformation of two-dimensional geometric models into three-dimensional wireframe models with integrated means of data exchange between geometry and graphics systems and application programs";
- "Optimal control of maximum deviations in dynamical systems".
Four innovative projects of NNGASU, based on the results of an expert assessment by specialists of the Skolkovo Business School, were included in the development program of the Scientific and Educational Center of the Nizhny Novgorod Region "Technoplatforma-2035" (Nizhny Novgorod REC of the world level), in the direction of "Ecology and Elimination of Accumulated Environmental Damage".
The university has a significant amount of applied research work and scientific and technical services that are important for the sectors of the economy of the Nizhny Novgorod region and other regions of the Volga Federal District: research, expert, design, survey work performed on technically complex and unique objects of civil and industrial construction, at facilities that are monuments of history and culture.
On the basis of NNGASU, All-Russian Student Olympiads are held annually.
Things to know about
Currently, the teaching staff of NNGASU includes 414 people, including 255 with academic degrees and titles, of which: 48 are doctors of science, professors; 207 – Candidates of Sciences and Associate Professors. The university has 4 corresponding members and 12 advisors of the Russian (state) academies of sciences.
NNGASU students undergo internships at universities in France, China, Turkey, Germany and other countries.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, NNGASU
Accommodation, meals, prices
The complex of dormitories (campus) of NNGASU includes:
- Hostel No. 1 on Gogol Street;
- Hostel No. 2 in Korean Lane;
- Dormitories No. 3 and No. 4, located on Timiryazev Street.
The total area of NNGASU dormitories is 9779 sq.m, the total number of rooms is 493. The actual number of places to stay in all dormitories of the university is 1184. Canteens and buffets can accommodate 827 people at a time.
Activities Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, NNGASU
The student activist of NNGASU became the organizer of 7 events of regional and All-Russian significance.
Volunteer activity of NNGASU is one of the types of charitable activities of the university.
One of the main activities of studying at NNGASU is "Student Sports and a Healthy Lifestyle". Sports and recreational work at the university is carried out with the direct participation of the V.S. Parakhin Sports Club: meetings are held weekly in the club. Since 2022, the NNGASU sports club has been leading a number of teams participating in the Interuniversity Universiade: darts, bullet shooting, orienteering, chess, women's football, draughts, etc.
Sanitary and educational activities are carried out in the dormitories of the campus: thematic lectures, cleanliness raids, individual conversations, meetings with narrow specialists and experts.
Students of the university can get acquainted with the historical past of GISI-NASA-NNGASU with examples from the life and activities of the older generation in the Museum of History of NNGASU, which was opened in 1986. For students of the initial courses, excursions, thematic excursions to holidays and anniversaries are held.
To enhance the cognitive activity of students, the formation of historical culture, students conduct excursions (field classes) to museums, to objects of future professional activity, to historical, architectural and natural monuments of Nizhny Novgorod and the Nizhny Novgorod region.
Visits to specialized author's workshops, trips around Russia and abroad are organized in order to get acquainted with monuments and modern examples of architecture and art, conduct summer practices, exchange experience in creative activities, study and teaching in other design schools of single-profile universities, participate in scientific and practical conferences, competitions and exhibitions.
Facilities and equipment at Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, NNGASU
The area of educational and laboratory buildings is divided into:
- study area: premises in which the study takes place;
- educational and auxiliary area: premises in which auxiliary educational work is carried out;
- utility area: canteens, buffets, kitchens, wardrobes, stairwells, vestibules, lobbies, etc.
In total, 364 classrooms are equipped, including 77 with multimedia equipment, 32 with computer equipment; the rest of the classrooms are provided with mobile technical means of demonstration. PCs are equipped with all departments and departments of the university, all PCs are connected to the local network and the Internet. A multimedia projector with an audio system or a large-screen TV panel connected to a laptop/computer is widely used. In addition, 77 sets are installed permanently in classrooms, of which 32 include a PC.
NNGASU has implemented the possibility of Internet broadcasting: teleconferences, videoconferences and meetings with various cities of Russia and abroad are held.
Social infrastructure and living conditions of students and employees of the university are represented by the following areas:
- student dormitories;
- canteens and buffets;
- sports and recreation complex;
- psychological service;
- sports and recreation camp "Chkalovets".
Students of NNGASU are served by the polyclinic department of the MLPU hospital No. 38 in accordance with the contract for the provision of medical and preventive care, there is a medical center on the territory.
The sports and recreation complex of the university is one of the best among the universities of the city in terms of its scale and equipment - and the only one among the construction universities of Russia that have a swimming pool.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into 2 semesters, in the middle of each an intermediate result of the current control of academic performance is carried out.
Additional expenses of NNGASU students include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
- a document on education and its annex;
- documents confirming individual achievements and/or special rights;
- photos (size 3x4).
You can submit documents to NNGASU in 4 ways:
- by mail;
- through a personal account on the university's website;
- through the Unified Portal of Public Services.
The competition for places in NNGASU amounted to 2.9 people per place. The most popular among applicants were construction specialties.
NNGASU cooperates with organizations and institutions that develop their activities in various branches of material production and non-production sphere, which are located not only in Nizhny Novgorod, but also in the Nizhny Novgorod region, the Volga Federal District (Perm Territory, Saratov Region, Chuvash Republic, Republic of Mordovia, Kirov Region, etc.), in other subjects of the Russian Federation and in foreign countries.
The University takes part in all-Russian and regional career days and industry fairs of vacancies of educational and working places organized by representatives of executive authorities, public organizations and employers' associations, the regional Center for the Promotion of Employment of Graduates.
The University has concluded 181 long-term cooperation agreements with large companies and organizations.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To master educational programs are allowed persons who have education of the appropriate level, confirmed by:
- a document on secondary general education or on secondary vocational education and on qualifications, or on higher education and on qualifications - for bachelor's and specialist's programs;
- a document on higher education and on qualifications - for master's programs.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Mathematics – 39;
- Russian language – 40;
- Physics – 39;
- Informatics and ICT – 44;
- Literature – 40;
- Chemistry – 39;
- Biology – 39;
- Geography – 40;
- Social Studies – 45;
- History – 35.
Scholarships Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, NNGASU
- state academic scholarship;
- state academic scholarship in an increased amount;
- state social scholarship;
- state social scholarship in an increased amount;
- city scholarship named after K. Minin and D. Pozharsky;
- city scholarship for socially unprotected categories of students;
- personal scholarship of the head of the city of Nizhny Novgorod;
- scholarship named after architect A.E. Kharitonov;
- scholarship named after Professor A.F. Khokhlov;
- Scholarship named after engineer A.I. Delvig;
- scholarship named after E.N. Pozdyshev;
- scholarships from NNGASU partner companies:
- Three Seasons Group;
- JSC "Nizhny Novgorod Vodokanal";
- JSC "Teploenergo";
- Rosatom State Corporation, etc.
The university provides material support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation, in the form of quarterly or one-time material assistance.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Nizhny Novgorod State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering, NNGASU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.